ImageImageImage

Summer League Thread

Moderator: ijspeelman

substancej
Junior
And1: 490

Re: Summer League Thread 

Post#41 » by substancej » Fri Jul 5, 2019 9:30 pm

Stillwater wrote:So I guess Neither Garland nor KPJ will play in Vegas either... seems strange to me.
I guess the goal is something other than typical.

It really doesn't make sense. That and Sexton not playing, when a lot of second year players play. Only thing I can think of is that they want to keep the 3 young promising players together for hype reasons. But then that doesn't explain them playing Windler.
Kevin Love finna get traded
substancej
Junior
And1: 490

Post#42 » by substancej » Fri Jul 5, 2019 10:10 pm

Also, it's really nice to see TT there. He's a real team player.
Kevin Love finna get traded
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#43 » by gflem » Fri Jul 5, 2019 10:26 pm

substancej wrote:
Stillwater wrote:So I guess Neither Garland nor KPJ will play in Vegas either... seems strange to me.
I guess the goal is something other than typical.

It really doesn't make sense. That and Sexton not playing, when a lot of second year players play. Only thing I can think of is that they want to keep the 3 young promising players together for hype reasons. But then that doesn't explain them playing Windler.

No real point in watching then. I DVR'd all of the games, I probably wont even watch them now.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#44 » by Stillwater » Fri Jul 5, 2019 11:06 pm

Beilein said Garland not ready yet physically for any game action hope to have him ready to start practicing by September. He also said KPJ tweaked his hip in one of his workouts , tried to keep working out could not, then finally after cleared to resume activity reinjured himself 10 minutes into the first practice for SL.

Sounds like SL for the Cavs will be more about deciding who gets a job in Canton or keeps one there.
Belein also said they never would have drafted Garland if they didn't think him and Sexton would play well together...
so people can stop assuming Garland was drafted to replace Sexton
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#45 » by Stillwater » Tue Jul 9, 2019 1:15 am

Tacko probably aint worth the wait , but he is a lot better than I expected. He is only under a summer contract w/ the Celtics and the Cavs could probably get him pretty quickly if they wanted.
That being said there are others out there I would look at beforehand if they decide to pass on Bolden.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#46 » by Stillwater » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:55 pm

Newman definitely proved he deserves a shot at a roster spot, despite the overload in the back court.
I doubt he is the guy, but would not be a bad pickup at all if they plan to use Windler and Porter at the 3.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers