Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1901 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Then it was a good decision. From what I saw of SL, it was obvious Landale is not NBA material.

Disagree but we’ll see. The Bucks obviously gave him strong consideration.

Terrible athlete and he couldn't shoot unless he was completely set - which took him far too long to go against NBA teams. No way he can compete against NBA athletes.

Bet he plays at least six seasons in the NBA. Loser sends an Outback Steakhouse gift card? :wink:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1902 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:22 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
Disagree but we’ll see. The Bucks obviously gave him strong consideration.

Terrible athlete and he couldn't shoot unless he was completely set - which took him far too long to go against NBA teams. No way he can compete against NBA athletes.

Bet he plays at least six seasons in the NBA. Loser sends an Outback Steakhouse gift card? :wink:

I'd like if winner and loser get Outback Steakhouse gift cards. RealGM owes us something, right? :nod:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,045

Post#1903 » by MVP2110 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:15 pm

So now that our 15 man roster is set? What is our garbage time lineup? Feel like we should destroy some teams in garbage time

DDV
Pat
Brown
DJ
Ersan

Assuming Thanasis & Bender are inactive or with the Herd. Obviously fill them in if someone is hurt
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1904 » by 4xBuck » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:50 pm

MJSonline wrote:Roster update:
With Kyle Korver, who signed his one-year contract Thursday, and Bender, who has yet to sign, this will be the Bucks' updated roster when Bender puts pen to paper as expected:

Giannis Antetokounmpo: 1/2/3/4*/5

Thanasis Antetokounmpo: 2/3*/4

Dragan Bender: 4/5*

Eric Bledsoe: 1

Sterling Brown: 2/3*/4

Pat Connaughton: 2*/3

Donte DiVincenzo: 1/2

George Hill: 1*/2

Ersan Ilyasova: 4*/5

Kyle Korver: 2/3

Brook Lopez: 5

Robin Lopez: 5

Frank Mason III (TW contract): 1

Wes Matthews: 2*/3

Khris Middleton: 2/3

Cam Reynolds (TW contract): 3*/4

D.J. Wilson: 4*/5

* notes primary position.
Italic notes sub package position.

:lift:
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#1905 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:16 pm

I think the Bucks are about the same as last year, and will make the ECF again, but then will be the underdogs against the Sixers.
If there are two guys in the League I'd pick to guard Giannis it's Embiid and Horford, and now they have the luxury of taking turns guarding him.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#1906 » by Chapter29 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:33 pm

We added Lopez and Lopez for this very reason. Heck we can play Giannis at SF to try and avoid these guys if need be. We have a ton of FC size to match these dudes. Lets go. They wont stay healthy is my guess and Horford already done got his butt kicked by Giannis. He can come get some more.... :)
Giannis
is
UponUs
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,460

Post#1907 » by Matches Malone » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:40 pm

I'm not too worried about Horford trying to guard Giannis one on one. He's already overcome that obstacle. Embiid could provide issues, but what I'm looking for are the guys around Giannis to step up. Toronto basically had two or three guys covering Giannis all game and nobody wanted to step up and make shots for us. I'd imagine other teams will employ a similar style of defensive in the playoffs and we need guys to make shots this time.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#1908 » by leroyjw10 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:54 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I'm not too worried about Horford trying to guard Giannis one on one. He's already overcome that obstacle. Embiid could provide issues, but what I'm looking for are the guys around Giannis to step up. Toronto basically had two or three guys covering Giannis all game and nobody wanted to step up and make shots for us. I'd imagine other teams will employ a similar style of defensive in the playoffs and we need guys to make shots this time.

Agreed. Giannis can singlehandedly get the Bucks to the ECF. Somebody else -- namely Bledsoe and/or Middleton -- will need to really step up from there.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1909 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:59 pm

It'd be nice if Brook's 3P% also doesn't drop 9-10% come playoff time.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,563

Post#1910 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:18 pm

I don't know if there's a bigger myth in the league than this idea that Horford and Embiid are the best equipped players to defend Giannis. Just look at the last two series against Boston and his RS numbers this year against Philly when Embiid "guards" him.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#1911 » by truly » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:31 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I don't know if there's a bigger myth in the league than this idea that Horford and Embiid are the best equipped players to defend Giannis. Just look at the last two series against Boston and his RS numbers this year against Philly when Embiid "guards" him.

Horford is one of the best defenders against Giannis.His problem is that he is old and can't keep it up for multiple games.

Embiid's stats against Giannis are also "misleading" since he was guarding him 1 on 1 something that rarely happens.There was that disingenuous stat after the toronto series that had Kawhi as the best Giannis defender and Embiid as the worst when one played him one on one and the other had 4 guys behind him.

The problem with the Horford Embiid duo is when they put Horford on him to push him around and have Embiid waiting behind him to block his shot(similar to what Miami used to do with whiteside).That can really shut Giannis down.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Post#1912 » by BuckHole » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:37 pm

I’m excited about our roster and ready for the season to start. Yeah!!!
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Post#1913 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:26 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:I think the Bucks are about the same as last year, and will make the ECF again, but then will be the underdogs against the Sixers.
If there are two guys in the League I'd pick to guard Giannis it's Embiid and Horford, and now they have the luxury of taking turns guarding him.

Really curious to see how well Horford ages. He a few weeks shy of 34 by the time the ECF comes around. Not sure how he does in a 7 game series especially if its 7 games in 13 nights like this past year. (Then again I thought Lowry, Gasol, Ibaka, etc would have slowed down in later games) :(
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1914 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:32 pm

Think the Heat are going to contend for a top 4 seed. Could see then jumping Boston, Indy. Maybe even Philly if they stay healthy. Expecting a huge leap from Bam with Whiteside finally out of his way.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#1915 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:39 pm

if teams try to go big and slow as balls against us to stop Giannis then our Matthews/Korver pcikups are going to look really really savvy
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,645

Post#1916 » by emunney » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:42 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:if teams try to go big and slow as balls against us to stop Giannis then our Matthews/Korver pcikups are going to look really really savvy

Korver trailing in transition with teams hustling back to wall off Giannis...
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#1917 » by Isocleas2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:44 pm

The east outside of Philly and Milwaukee is about as weak as I can remember it being, 50 wins gets you the 3 seed maybe.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#1918 » by soxperry » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:45 pm

truly wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I don't know if there's a bigger myth in the league than this idea that Horford and Embiid are the best equipped players to defend Giannis. Just look at the last two series against Boston and his RS numbers this year against Philly when Embiid "guards" him.

Horford is one of the best defenders against Giannis.His problem is that he is old and can't keep it up for multiple games.

Embiid's stats against Giannis are also "misleading" since he was guarding him 1 on 1 something that rarely happens.There was that disingenuous stat after the toronto series that had Kawhi as the best Giannis defender and Embiid as the worst when one played him one on one and the other had 4 guys behind him.

The problem with the Horford Embiid duo is when they put Horford on him to push him around and have Embiid waiting behind him to block his shot(similar to what Miami used to do with whiteside).That can really shut Giannis down.

The problem with this strategy for Phillly seems to be Brook Lopez. With him camped out on the three point line, that would appear to take one of those two out of the paint. And unlike Toronto, Philly isn't deep enough to go small ball and play Lopez off the floor. I love our chances this year.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,645

Post#1919 » by emunney » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Imagine sprinting down the floor to cover the rim and watching Korver stroll into a wide open 3.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#1920 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:53 pm

emunney wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:if teams try to go big and slow as balls against us to stop Giannis then our Matthews/Korver pcikups are going to look really really savvy

Korver trailing in transition with teams hustling back to wall off Giannis...

I already sense Korver is going to be Giannis fav target. them working out this offseason together is going to be good for that pairing

Return to Milwaukee Bucks