Chris Paul and multiple draft picks traded for Russell Westbrook

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,136

Re: Chris Paul and multiple draft picks traded for Russell Westbrook 

Post#41 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Chris Broussard said there's no way Houston can win the title next year so congratulations in advance for the title! Hope Westbrook will be Finals MVP ;)
Zack M
Junior
And1: 288

Post#42 » by Zack M » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:21 pm

reflex35 wrote:
Zack M wrote:Fools saying CP3 is a far better 3pt shooter...when he averaged 27% from the 3pt line last playoffs.

That might be a fair point, but let's not focus only on 3 point shooting and take a few games of one playoff run. There is midrange, there are free throws, etc. Catch and shoot, shoot of the dribble... like... Are you really saying that we can even compare CP3 and Westbrook in shooting ability? :D

We are not talking who is a better player in a vacuum right now, because I think it is pretty clear.

I'm not saying Russ is the better shooter...but his haters have put CP3 on a pedestal as though he's 50/40/90 shooter.

Paul had little effect on the Rockets last season..and in his absence Harden was playing the best ball of his career.

As for Russ' shooting...I'm hoping last year was an anomaly as he's got a pretty good jumper and is an efficient ft shooter (81% career ft)
JustOneFix
Analyst
And1: 408

Re: Chris Paul traded for Russell Westbrook 

Post#43 » by JustOneFix » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:34 pm

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Lucky! I had tickets to see them when they were touring Filth Pig but ended up unable to go, and I haven't ever got a chance to catch them since. I'm sure they're amazing live.

Oh man, i would give my left nut to see them live during the Filthpig or Psalm 69 era, but I was too young back then. They are my favourite band of all time and Jourgensen is a damn genius.

I belive this show was one of the last on the european tour and they'll soon switch to the US so chech the dates on their site, maybe they'll play somewhere close to you. Obviously, none of the old crew is there and it's not as powerfull and meaningful as it once was, but it's still worth every penny to see them live.
reflex35
Rookie
And1: 672

Post#44 » by reflex35 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Zack M wrote:
reflex35 wrote:
Zack M wrote:Fools saying CP3 is a far better 3pt shooter...when he averaged 27% from the 3pt line last playoffs.

That might be a fair point, but let's not focus only on 3 point shooting and take a few games of one playoff run. There is midrange, there are free throws, etc. Catch and shoot, shoot of the dribble... like... Are you really saying that we can even compare CP3 and Westbrook in shooting ability? :D

We are not talking who is a better player in a vacuum right now, because I think it is pretty clear.

I'm not saying Russ is the better shooter...but his haters have put CP3 on a pedestal as though he's 50/40/90 shooter.

Paul had little effect on the Rockets last season..and in his absence Harden was playing the best ball of his career.

As for Russ' shooting...I'm hoping last year was an anomaly as he's got a pretty good jumper and is an efficient ft shooter (81% career ft)

No man, I agree, CP3 was never a superb shooter. And now he is just old. A good player but nowhere near his contract value.
Still, Chris is a better shooter than Russ in all aspects and will be even in 3 years.

Now, the main point is not about CP3, but about Russ.

How it is going to work?

Everyone is saying - "well, they will figure it out". Or " we will just spread the floor..."

Russ is good at attacking the basket at the rim. That is skillset and he is a slasher.
In order for Houston to make it work, they have to:

1. Make Russ a primary ball handler. What's the other option - James dribbling and Russ standing in the corner? Will James give it up to Russ.
2. Let's say this happens and James and Russ agree on this... Will WB stop making stupid decisions and shoot bricks when he wants? Because he should give it to James as much as he can or pass it to other wings after driving to the basket (and not taking a stupid shot)

So if they make those 2 things happen they have a chance. But much is needed for this...

Return to Houston Rockets