PF: Davis 32 | Kuzma 12 | Dudley 3 | Cacok 1
C: Cousins 24 | McGee 20 | Davis 2 | Antetokounmpo 2

My Starters:
PG: LBJ
SG: Green
SF: Kuzma
PF: Davis
C: DMC

Identity: Size. All coaches will have to react to us. Defense? Yes. Team defense, with an actual system of rotations based on trust, size and athleticism. LBJ does not have to guard Curry, but who is scurry gonna guard? Not even the sixers’ starters are as big. Size is an advantage on defense, too, as long as there’s speed. Check.

Most teams would exploit Cousins’ inability to switch to prolific PGs like Lillard, Steph, Murray etc in high pick and pops/rolls imo, as they say,3 beats 2.
I also see Curry guarding Green who don’t post up at all.

I’m back and forth on JMG or DMC depending on the opponent. I actually expect them to take turns starting. DMC should and probably will start against Embiid, Vucevic, Jokic, etc. Green can “shoot over chairs”.

I advocated for resigning McGee because I felt he was one of the best protecting the rim but someone pointed out that he also was among the lowest in advanced defensive stats bec of his inability to also switch to the perimeter, a logical reason why he barely played in GS and was in and out with Luke, that someone mentioned why Ed Davis was better and got signed much earlier for more $.
I would prefer to put AD at center but he’s adamant with his preference to play the PF.
Green is not much taller than PGs like Curry who is 6-3 and I have never saw him shoot over shorter players ever.
stan francisco
Analyst
And1: 846

Re: The guard spots 

Post#42 » by stan francisco » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
tamaraw08 wrote:Most teams would exploit Cousins’ inability to switch to prolific PGs like Lillard, Steph, Murray etc in high pick and pops/rolls imo, as they say,3 beats 2.
I also see Curry guarding Green who don’t post up at all.

I’m back and forth on JMG or DMC depending on the opponent. I actually expect them to take turns starting. DMC should and probably will start against Embiid, Vucevic, Jokic, etc. Green can “shoot over chairs”.

I advocated for resigning McGee because I felt he was one of the best protecting the rim but someone pointed out that he also was among the lowest in advanced defensive stats bec of his inability to also switch to the perimeter, a logical reason why he barely played in GS and was in and out with Luke, that someone mentioned why Ed Davis was better and got signed much earlier for more $.
I would prefer to put AD at center but he’s adamant with his preference to play the PF.
Green is not much taller than PGs like Curry who is 6-3 and I have never saw him shoot over shorter players ever.

As you mention, AD will play C as little as absolutely possible. He made that very clear in the first interview with Ireland after signing. It’s for durability reasons, so that he’s not banged up too much in the post season. I agree fully with this plan.

He’s our 36 MPG stretch 4 — and a whole lot more. He’s perhaps the most talented and unguardable 4 the game has ever seen. For real. He’s so skilled he could actually play 1-5. Given what a great rotating help defender AD is I’m quite happy having either JMG or DMC anchoring the post.

Green is 6’6”. I’m sure he can make a jump shot over Steph Curry whose only chance to stop him would be to undercut his legs or otherwise foul him. See clip from finals against the super friends Heat finals. Only nine of 27 made threes were open looks. All other shots contested by Ray Allen, Wade, Bosh, LeBron etc. All are bigger and better defenders than Curry. https://youtu.be/-sxvQH5rmJ4

Again.

PG LBJ 6’8”
SG DG 6’6”
SF KK 6’9”
PF AD 6’11’
C JMG / DMC 7’0”

Every coach in the league will have a problem coming up with a defensive scheme for that. The Sixers and the Clitters are the only two teams that can come close to match that size without having to change their starting lineup. All others will be forced to change their lineup.

Go Huge, Frank!
2019-20
PG: James16, Caruso20, Bradley4, Rondo4, Norvell4
SG: Green24, Pope10, Bradley8, Daniels4, Cook2
SF: Kuzma22, James16, THT6, Caroline4
PF: Davis32, Kuzma10, Cacok4, Dudley2
C: McGee22, Howard22, Davis2, Antetokounmpo2

Return to Los Angeles Lakers