ImageImage

ATL: The 2019-20 Season Has Begun

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Re: ATL: Dog Days of Summer 

Post#41 » by JayMKE » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:14 pm

Not an excuse for bad behavior but custody stuff can be really ugly.
FREE GIANNIS
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#42 » by jschligs » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:10 pm

I think it’s safe to say both of them made poor decisions, but she was clearly egging him on and he already has anger issues. No idea what the child custody was like, but seems like a terrible situation for them all. Both need help.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,251

Post#43 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:25 am

jschligs wrote:I think it’s safe to say both of them made poor decisions, but she was clearly egging him on and he already has anger issues. No idea what the child custody was like, but seems like a terrible situation for them all. Both need help.

I'm uncomfortable with how some people are equating both sides. This woman previously filed a restraining order against Cousins and claimed he choked her. Now he's being arrested for domestic violence. What has the woman done? She doesn't want Cousins to see her son unless the visits are supervised.

Of course, it's possible she's making all this up due to a personal grudge. Perhaps she was trying to blackmail him. Maybe this isn't even Cousins speaking on the phone.
Read on Twitter
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#44 » by jschligs » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:12 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:
jschligs wrote:I think it’s safe to say both of them made poor decisions, but she was clearly egging him on and he already has anger issues. No idea what the child custody was like, but seems like a terrible situation for them all. Both need help.

I'm uncomfortable with how some people are equating both sides. This woman previously filed a restraining order against Cousins and claimed he choked her. Now he's being arrested for domestic violence. What has the woman done? She doesn't want Cousins to see her son unless the visits are supervised.

Of course, it's possible she's making all this up due to a personal grudge. Perhaps she was trying to blackmail him. Maybe this isn't even Cousins speaking on the phone.

Yeah, that's kind of my thought. We don't know the whole story so it's tough to comment in Cousin's defense.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#45 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:30 pm

Read on Twitter

God he's corny as hell.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,251

Post#46 » by FlagsFlyForever » Wed Sep 4, 2019 2:13 am

Nets forward Rodions Kurucs is the second NBA player arrested for domestic violence and accused of choking a woman in a one week span. I really hope the NBA takes these incidents more seriously than they have in the past.

Read on Twitter
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,920

Post#47 » by soxperry » Wed Sep 4, 2019 3:52 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

God he's corny as hell.

Taco Tuesday has been a thing for at least 20 years now... maybe even longer.

How on earth does he think it's his to trademark?
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,616

Post#48 » by BroncoBuck » Wed Sep 4, 2019 11:54 am

Kurucs was sneaky good for the Nets, it’ll be interesting to see what happens with this case going forward.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#49 » by DrWood » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:43 am

someone explain 2-way contracts to me. I see the Nuggets signed their 2nd round pick, Bol Bol, to a 2-way contract. I thought that was for undrafted players (at least undrafted by that team).
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#50 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Sep 7, 2019 4:10 am

DrWood wrote:someone explain 2-way contracts to me. I see the Nuggets signed their 2nd round pick, Bol Bol, to a 2-way contract. I thought that was for undrafted players (at least undrafted by that team).

https://2ways10days.com/nba-two-way-contracts-faq-70d1c9cbbe9
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#51 » by DrWood » Sun Sep 8, 2019 2:03 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
DrWood wrote:someone explain 2-way contracts to me. I see the Nuggets signed their 2nd round pick, Bol Bol, to a 2-way contract. I thought that was for undrafted players (at least undrafted by that team).

https://2ways10days.com/nba-two-way-contracts-faq-70d1c9cbbe9

So why would Bol agree to that? Couldn't he say, give me a regular contract or release me, and then sign w/ some other team?
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#52 » by Mags FTW » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:41 am

Wiretap: Joe Johnson Sweatin' to the Oldies for the Charlotte Hornets
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#53 » by Jez2983 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:20 am

Dunno where to chuck this but we are getting an extremely limited number of NBA games on free to air TV in Australia through one of the Network providers SBS.

I think it's like 2 games a week, which is basically nothing, but this is the first time the NBA has been made this accessible for Australian audiences for many, many years. Basketball is definitely on the rise in this country.

I may even get to watch Giannis on a proper TV!!!
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#54 » by trwi7 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:43 am

Jez2983 wrote:I may even get to watch Giannis on a proper TV!!!

Just letting you know, these aren't considered proper TV's anymore.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#55 » by truly » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:26 am

Read on Twitter

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2853156-kevin-durant-talks-relationship-with-ex-warriors-teammates-joining-nets-more

Kevin Durant spoke about his decision to leave the Golden State Warriors for the Brooklyn Nets during an interview with J.R. Moehringer of the Wall Street Journal.

"As time went on, I started to realize I'm just different from the rest of the guys," said Durant. "It's not a bad thing. Just my circumstances and how I came up in the league. And on top of that, the media always looked at it like KD and the Warriors. So it's like nobody could a full acceptance of me there."

The Warriors already had a well-established core of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Andre Iguodala before Durant arrived.

Durant calls Kyrie Irving his "best friend in the league."

I have never seen a more insecure player.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#56 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:15 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever done such a 180 on a player. He used to be my favorite player. I just cannot stand him at all now. Man he’s awful.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#57 » by trwi7 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Was he expecting a god damn parade? Like, how **** stupid do you have to be to not expect that kind of reaction when you leave a team to join a super team to create even more of a super team?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,625

Post#58 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:39 pm

He’s very out of touch, what a weirdo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,721

Post#59 » by tydett » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:52 pm

This is why you can't surround yourself with yes-men and hangers-on. KD probably doesn't have anyone around him to tell him "Hey dude, that's pretty messed up" which as caused him to become so detached from reality and sensitive. He's basically Connor4Real - where's the poop emoji when you need it?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#60 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:07 pm

"Some days I hate the circus of the NBA"

Ok dude, then just quit, retire, whatever you want to call it. Dead serious. If he's this **** miserable (he's not), then maybe he just needs to hang em up. He's made plenty of money, got his precious jewelry, and is coming off an injury that ends a lot of guys' careers. Of course, he won't though, because he's an insufferable narcissist who constantly says one thing and then does the complete opposite, so the irony of him calling out anyone as "fake" is pretty incredible. Just sick of hearing this dude constantly whine about all this crap that is 100% self-inflicted.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks