Indiana looks good on paper

Moderators: cupcakesnake, infinite11285, Dirk, Harry Garris, ken6199, zimpy27, bwgood77, bisme37, KingDavid, Domejandro

SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,998

Indiana looks good on paper 

Post#1 » by SHAQ32 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:20 pm

Losing Bojan hurts but overall they're an even better team than they were last year. Assuming Dipo is healthy (~70 games + playoffs) and Sabonis takes another step, what are their chances of potentially winning the east?

stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,287

Re: Indiana looks good on paper 

Post#2 » by stoo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:26 pm

good. what do u think, who's gonna be more productive: TJ Warren or J Holiday? I need it for my fantasy team
NotSinceWilt
paganin-74
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#3 » by paganin-74 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:30 pm

SHAQ32 wrote:Losing Bojan hurts but overall they're an even better team than they were last year. Assuming Dipo is healthy (~70 games + playoffs) and Sabonis takes another step, what are their chances of potentially winning the east?

Winning the East? :lol: Practically zero.

You're severely overrating the Pacers. They are certainly not a better team than they were last season. It isn't just Bojan Pacers are bringing back only one starter from the last season's team and they also lost 2 key bench guys. The team is basically brand new, I believe it'll take them at least half a season before they find their groove. And with Oladipo projected to miss extended time, it's far likelier Indiana will miss playoffs than finish in the Top-3.
The more I learn about people, the more I like my Warriors. :D
HeartDonor
Rookie
And1: 3,765

Post#4 » by HeartDonor » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Meh. Looking pretty mediocre tbh
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,786

Post#5 » by Dominator83 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:35 pm

The pacers are always like the Rodney Dangerfield of the league. Gets no respect
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 26,990

Post#6 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:40 pm

The Indiana TJs???
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,412

Post#7 » by Lockdown504090 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:42 pm

They definitely would have a shot if Vic wasn't coming off injury. I know the guy is a genetic freak, but asking him to carry you through Philly and the bucks is a lot. I love their team though, they could be about as good as the PG Hibbert Pacers teams.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 19,284

Post#8 » by Nuntius » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Our chances of winning the East are pretty slim. Philly and Milwaukee are a great top two and a tier ahead of us. We will be in the running for HCA but a lot of it is going to depend on Dipo's health and how the Sabonis/Turner pairing works.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Nuntius » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:55 pm

stoo wrote:good. what do u think, who's gonna be more productive: TJ or J Holiday? I need it for my fantasy team

Holiday is going to get a chance to be the backup point. We'll see if he succeeds in it. If he does then he's certainly going to be more productive than TJ.

Edit: Ok, I thought that the question was about TJ McConnell, not TJ Warren. If it's about Warren then Warren is definitely going to be more productive.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,864

Post#10 » by Frank Dux » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:56 pm

That’s a low key great roster. Dipo and Brogdon is one of the better backcourts in the league.

The biggest weakness of that starting lineup is probably TJ Warren, but I feel like they should be able to hide some of his weaknesses. They might be better off running Lamb at the small forward, allowing Warren to be the sixth man.
davidfr94
Senior
And1: 524

Post#11 » by davidfr94 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Yeah I think the pacers are a bit overrated from what I see on this forum.

Thadeus young is a big loss imo. He was our glue guy, our best defender allowed us to match up with pretty much any type of team. Now we have to play sabonis and turner together, something I am not sold at all on.

Tj Warren looks good on paper but can he play adequate defense on a winning team?

We lack someone that can play defense from the 3/4 spot.

How turner will return from this disappointing summer with team USA? Can he become that all star big we really need him to be?

Brogan is a huge upgrade though and will form a wonderful backcourt with dipo when he returns from injury.

We improved offensively this summer but lost some player that made our defensive identity that was so important for us.

I think we will end up between the 3rd and 5 seed but we need that second star to make make some noise in the playoffs.
Our coach is also really good.

Imo we were better last year mostly due to the loss of young

Sent from my RNE-L21 using RealGM mobile app
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 61,053

Post#12 » by bisme37 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:12 pm

I like Myles Turner but he is a hard player to judge. When he's active and has a bounce in his step he is a real difference maker. But then there are just as many games where he just blends in and doesn't really do anything. If he can become more consistent it will really help the Pacers.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 16,165

Post#13 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:22 pm

The Pacers have no chance of winning the East. There are just way too many questions that need to be answered and even then, its very unlikely.

For one, when is Victor Oladipo coming back, and will he be the same player he was before his injury? I've seen the offseason videos of Oladipo and he looks good, but I've seen reports say he won't be back until December or January. If he is going to miss that much time, he's just going to be playing catchup the rest of the season. Plus, this wasn't a normal injury, its just hard to predict how he will come back from it. If I could bet on anyone to come back from it, it would be Dipo, he has the right mentality and will do everything possible to come back 100%, but that doesn't mean its physically possible.

Secondly, will Myles Turner finally wake up? He is a game changer defensively, but offensively he plays so far below what he could be doing. He seems content being the last option on the court, but the Pacers really need him to be more aggressive on that side of the ball. We brought in a lot of scorers, so I believe Turner will take a back seat to them, but we need him to be a threat out there.
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,998

Post#14 » by SHAQ32 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:30 pm

bisme37 wrote:I like Myles Turner but he is a hard player to judge. When he's active and has a bounce in his step he is a real difference maker. But then there are just as many games where he just blends in and doesn't really do anything. If he can become more consistent it will really help the Pacers.

He's like Rasheed Wallace when he was with the Blazers (minus the explosive athleticism ofc)
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#15 » by dorkestra » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:48 pm

I agree they are great on paper and one of the most underrated right now in the league.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
TheNG
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,578

Post#16 » by TheNG » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:56 pm

They are like "the Utah Jazz of the East".
If you have more "Posts" than "And1", don't feel bad if I didn't reply to you - I just don't like to speak with people who argue a lot :beer:
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#17 » by Pinkyring » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:47 pm

A team with one all star is not great on paper, especially considering he isn't a superstar and he's hurt, they're a 45 win team at best with a first round exit coming.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,060

Post#18 » by The_Hater » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:59 pm

I really like how they transitioned into younger players this summer but Dipo’s health is the key to their entire. season, they were slightly worse than .500 without him last season.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Nuntius » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:18 pm

Pinkyring wrote:A team with one all star is not great on paper, especially considering he isn't a superstar and he's hurt, they're a 45 win team at best with a first round exit coming.

We won 48 games last year despite the fact that Victor Oladipo missed 46 games. Saying that we'll win less games this year makes very little sense, especially when you take into account the fact that we made some great moves in the off-season.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,601

Post#20 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:49 pm

I like them but I don’t love them for the post season. They need more than Victor Oladipo returning from injury to have post season success.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?

Return to The General Board