Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Re: GDT: 49ERS VS STEELERS 

Post#241 » by Bald Bull » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:07 am

ChrisPozz wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
Jimmy was the worst player on the field besides Mike Person IMO. He was the reason those 2 passes were batted for picks. He's off target on easy throws for some reason.

And not just on those picks; Jusczyk had to dive for that long pass because Jimmy overthrew him. His long pass to Deebo was stupid & right to the DB; he's lucky Deebo got in there.

That's why I said THE HIGH and the roller coaster comparison. The highs were among some of the best things I've seen him do - escape ability, release, and footwork among them. The lows are definitely still too low and he has too many guys on this roster that should not be paired with him offensively long term.

Read on Twitter

The high. The high. The high. The HIGH ONLY. Ok, I'm done emphasizing that to everybody. :)

yep. I wouldn't consider him majority share holder on either of the INTs, people who only read stats on paper will blame him for those, but those where placed well enough for most NFL receivers. He had an impressive game. he stood in the pocket and delivered repeatedly. didn't look flustered to me at any point. 72% completion is fine. Far from worst player on the field. very few QBs look that good while taking hits.
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#242 » by Bald Bull » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:11 am

wco81 wrote:The second tipped ball for int. was due to someone in his face, forcing him to throw early.

Kyle gets too cute with his play calls, like whatever that play was that had the snap hit James leading to that fumble.

i don't think the play was designed to go to james. james looked surprised by it. I think james was just going in motion.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#243 » by NinerSickness » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:58 am

wco81 wrote:The second tipped ball for int. was due to someone in his face, forcing him to throw early.

Then throw it away. That's called football. If a guy in your face = an interception, you don't belong in the league. That INT was on Jim.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#244 » by I_am_1z » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:00 am

ChrisPozz wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:
I don't trust him anywhere near workhorse status. Key phrase: ANYWHERE NEAR. He's about maxed out with the number of snaps I would trust him to play.

......but maybe I'm wrong one day. I'm willing to acknowledge there's room there for that to be the case.

Unless you're afraid he'll be hurt for the playoffs, you're wrong

Durability is a small part of my equation problem with him.

I need to hear why Raheem Mostert is a better option. I accept Jeff Wilson as being the goaline back, but Raheem doesn't have as much big play potential as Breida.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#245 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:35 am

Jaylen Samuels

3 touches in week 1 (2 targets)
4 touches in week 2 (1 target)
0 touches in week 3 vs. SF

Small sample size and they had far bigger problems even when Big Ben was playing BUT a part of me is surprised to see how little he's been seen through 3 weeks.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 963

Post#246 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:01 am

NinerSickness wrote:

Then throw it away. That's called football. If a guy in your face = an interception, you don't belong in the league. That INT was on Jim.

He was a bit out ahead of Pettis, but Pettis still got both hands on it. He's got to catch that ball, and he bears most of the responsibility for the pick, IMO.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#247 » by NinerSickness » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:14 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

He was a bit out ahead of Pettis, but Pettis still got both hands on it. He's got to catch that ball, and he bears most of the responsibility for the pick, IMO.

Agreed that the receivers need to do a better job as well. But Jimmy still f'ed up on those passes (and like 6 or 7 more today).

What gets me is the easy passes he's missing. I get screwing up with a guy in his face a couple times; whatever. But he's overthrowing or underthrowing guys with no pressure. It better be ACL rust because I'm losing patience with him.

And before anyone says "3-0," let's not get carried away. The last 3 games was like

Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#248 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:51 pm

Jimmy G to me looks to be getting better each game. Is still inaccurate at times and forces balls into coverage. The first interception Jimmy threw it behind Brieda but it should have at worst just been dropped. Instead Brieda plays hot potato with the ball, sends the ball into the hands of a waiting defender. Just bad luck. The second one, Jimmy threw it into a tight spot but Pettis needs to get his hands on it.

Return to San Francisco 49ers