BOS-CLE-WAS-ORL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

BOS-CLE-WAS-ORL 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:24 pm

Boston out:
Brown
Hayward
MIL 2020 FRP
MEM 2020 FRP
BOS 2020 FRP

Boston in:
Thompson
Beal

Cleveland out:
Cedi
Knight
Thompson
MIL 2022 FRP
CLE 2022 FRP Lotto Protected, turns into 2 seconds if not conveyed by 2025

Cleveland in:
Bamba
Hayward

Washington out:
Beal

Washington in:
Knight
Brown
MIL 2020 FRP
MEM 2020 FRP
BOS 2020 FRP

Orlando out:
Bamba

Orlando in:
Cedi
MIL 2022 FRP

Boston cashes in and gets an upgrade to Beal as well as brings in Thompson to man the middle for them to make a run at one of the most wide open title races

Cleveland is clearly valuing Love and hayward is a low risk piece who if he is half the player he was can potentially play with Love and not be completely bad while still letting the young guys get plenty of reps. Bamba is the piece which also helps them build around the young core with another young piece who wont be seeing much daylight behind Vuc, but with Thompson out Bamba should be starter from day 1 with cleveland and get much more opportunities with almost no stress to hit his ceiling right away.

Washington gets to hit the reset button on beal by bringing in brown and get draft compensation which will help them push toward the rebuild.

Orlando clears some space in the front court to bring in a much needed rotatation piece on the wing in Cedi, who has quietly shown significant upside on a bad team, they also get some draft compensation for Bamba as well.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,500

Re: BOS-CLE-WAS-ORL 

Post#2 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:51 pm

Zordor wrote:Boston out:
Brown
Hayward
MIL 2020 FRP
MEM 2020 FRP
BOS 2020 FRP

Boston in:
Thompson
Beal

Cleveland out:
Cedi
Knight
Thompson
MIL 2022 FRP

Cleveland in:
Bamba
Hayward

Washington out:
Beal

Washington in:
Knight
Brown
MIL 2020 FRP
MEM 2020 FRP
BOS 2020 FRP

Orlando out:
Bamba

Orlando in:
Cedi
MIL 2022 FRP

Boston cashes in and gets an upgrade to Beal as well as brings in Thompson to man the middle for them to make a run at one of the most wide open title races

Cleveland is clearly valuing Love and hayward is a low risk piece who if he is half the player he was can potentially play with Love and not be completely bad while still letting the young guys get plenty of reps. Bamba is the piece which also helps them build around the young core with another young piece who wont be seeing much daylight behind Vuc, but with Thompson out Bamba should be starter from day 1 with cleveland and get much more opportunities with almost no stress to hit his ceiling right away.

Washington gets to hit the reset button on beal by bringing in brown and get draft compensation which will help them push toward the rebuild.

Orlando clears some space in the front court to bring in a much needed rotatation piece on the wing in Cedi, who has quietly shown significant upside on a bad team, they also get some draft compensation for Bamba as well.

Much needed ehh?

Orlando respectfully says nah we good.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,910

Post#3 » by nate33 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:56 pm

From Washington's perspective, I view this as the absolute floor in any Beal trade.

I'm not thrilled with Jaylen's impending free agency, but at least they get the MEM lotto pick and a couple of other late 1sts. I'd definitely prefer to keep Beal than take this package, but if Beal demands a trade, I'd be forced to consider this one. I'd shop for better offers though. I'd also try and push that BOS 2020 pick to something later, like 2022, so at least there's the hope that Kemba declines or something else goes wrong and that pick is worth more than something in the mid 20's.

Also, I'm not sure how much I like turning Hayward into Knight. I think I'd rather just keep Hayward and hope he regains his old form, at which point he might bring back more value in a trade than mere cap relief. The bottom line is the Wizards would have nothing much to do with the cap space while in the middle of a long rebuild.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#4 » by Revenged25 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:08 pm

Why are the Cavs sending out 2 picks for this trade?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,236

Post#5 » by tiderulz » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:11 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Brown
Hayward
MIL 2020 FRP
MEM 2020 FRP
BOS 2020 FRP

Boston in:
Thompson
Beal

Cleveland out:
Cedi
Knight
Thompson
MIL 2022 FRP

Cleveland in:
Bamba
Hayward

Washington out:
Beal

Washington in:
Knight
Brown
MIL 2020 FRP
MEM 2020 FRP
BOS 2020 FRP

Orlando out:
Bamba

Orlando in:
Cedi
MIL 2022 FRP

Much needed ehh?

Orlando respectfully says nah we good.

I agree with Johnny. Think Orlando would rather see what Bamba can become if the best offer is a late Milwaukee FRP and a lottery protected pick from Cleveland
jjohns828
Bench Warmer
And1: 516

Post#6 » by jjohns828 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:52 pm

I agree with the other Magic fans, if the Magic want to trade him and this is Bamba's value right now I think they'd choose to hold on to him and hope he plays well as Vuc's backup to get people believing in his potential again to up his trade value.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,866

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:51 am

Revenged25 wrote:Why are the Cavs sending out 2 picks for this trade?
And Cedi? This is DOA. If we eventually have to trade one of young guards, we can call Orlando about one of their young big men. But there's an auditioning process that has to happen first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#8 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:41 pm

Boston - probable no, not even close to a 50-50 shot at a yes
Cleveland - probable no, the team most likely to say yes to this deal
Washington - maybe, but less than 50-50 shot at a yes
Orlando - maybe, but less than 50-50 shot at a yes

Reasoning:
Boston would benefit big time trading Brown & Hayward for Thompson & Beal. Brown & Hayward might be more valuable but the fit is nice IMO. Then again, Beal might be worth it, especially with Thompson added in. Adding three 1sts might be difficult to convince them to do.

Cleveland might make the deal even though Thompson for Bamba is probably a loss. Adding Hayward should be a plus, if they believe he is healthy. Adding in a pick might be a deal breaker.

Washington has a serious decision to make. If they make this deal, they might as well trade Wall and begin rebuilding (but I think they could get more for Beal). I like Brown but he is not worth as much as Beal IMO. The picks would be nice, but ...

Orlando probably believes Osman would be a decent bench player but not a player they would be building around. That makes this trade based on the pick, if they think Bamba is not a future starter on a contending team.
Creativetran
Senior
And1: 299

Post#9 » by Creativetran » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:18 pm

Can't see Orlando doing this, while Bamba was kind of bad last year he did show promise. He's young, got crazy measurables, and has unicorn type talent. No way they trade that for a solid rotational piece and some late picks.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#10 » by tiderulz » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:57 pm

Creativetran wrote:Can't see Orlando doing this, while Bamba was kind of bad last year he did show promise. He's young, got crazy measurables, and has unicorn type talent. No way they trade that for a solid rotational piece and some late picks.

what exactly is this "unicorn type talent"?
Creativetran
Senior
And1: 299

Post#11 » by Creativetran » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:57 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Creativetran wrote:Can't see Orlando doing this, while Bamba was kind of bad last year he did show promise. He's young, got crazy measurables, and has unicorn type talent. No way they trade that for a solid rotational piece and some late picks.

Defend the paint and shoot 3s, never said he was good at it yet. Who knows he may never become a real threat there but he does that that type of skill level.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#12 » by tiderulz » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Creativetran wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Defend the paint and shoot 3s, never said he was good at it yet. Who knows he may never become a real threat there but he does that that type of skill level.

defending the paint and shooting 3's is not unicorn talent.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#13 » by Stillwater » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:13 pm

Brown
Hayward
MIL 2020 FRP
MEM 2020 FRP
BOS 2020 FRP

Boston in:
Thompson
Beal

Cleveland out:
Cedi
Knight
Thompson
MIL 2022 FRP

Cleveland in:
Bamba
Hayward

Washington out:
Beal

Washington in:
Knight
Brown
MIL 2020 FRP
MEM 2020 FRP
BOS 2020 FRP

Orlando out:
Bamba

Orlando in:
Cedi
MIL 2022 FRP

Bamba is not worth a late first at this point, Hayward's game did not return to form last season. CLE might do it without Cedi and neither 1st round pick outgoing but that is it. the only draft asset they would give up in this type of deal is a meh 2nd .
Knight has surprisingly been trying to revive his career and could be sought after at the deadline if he proves it on the court... I would not be surprised if the Cavs get a late first for him by eating a season longer deal. But in the same breath I would rather he never sees the court and they traded him tomorrow for two late 2nds and a typewriter
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,314

Post#14 » by NotACat » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:41 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Creativetran wrote:
tiderulz wrote:what exactly is this "unicorn type talent"?

It is for a player his size and potential defensive impact
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#15 » by tiderulz » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:10 pm

NotACat wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Creativetran wrote:Defend the paint and shoot 3s, never said he was good at it yet. Who knows he may never become a real threat there but he does that that type of skill level.

It is for a player his size and potential defensive impact

Gasol, Embiid, KAT, not much unicorn anymore.

and Bamba has not been known for his defense. he cant even keep his hands up all the time

Return to Trades and Transactions