ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Netflix Oct 11)

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,036

OT: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Netflix Oct 11) 

Post#1 » by NinjaBro » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:51 pm

HOOOOOO MAN! Looks like it's a direct sequel to the finale of Breaking Bad and we find out what happens to Jesse immediately after. Can't wait for this.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,943

Re: OT: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Netflix Oct 11) 

Post#2 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:13 pm

Damnn... I just cancelled my netflix subscription to take advantage of the crave offer. Bad timing...
DaFroMan
Sixth Man
And1: 774

Post#3 » by DaFroMan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Just finished re watching breaking bad so this is sweet AF...
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#4 » by SHFT » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:40 pm

there was an article a few years ago that Vince Gilligan (creator) said another season was coming out. Walter is not dead, but in hospital chained up. He gets sent to prison, escapes (because he is like a God to the criminl underworld now) and starts up again. Jesse starts his own empire after he escapes and they go head to head.

So thats obviously not happening anymore but I wonder if Walter is alive in the movie, anyone know if Vince has a hand in the story?

Edit: just learned that this is Vince's movie. Whatever happens, it will be amazing.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#5 » by Yosemite Dan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:24 pm

SHFT wrote:there was an article a few years ago that Vince Gilligan (creator) said another season was coming out. Walter is not dead, but in hospital chained up. He gets sent to prison, escapes (because he is like a God to the criminl underworld now) and starts up again. Jesse starts his own empire after he escapes and they go head to head.

So thats obviously not happening anymore but I wonder if Walter is alive in the movie, anyone know if Vince has a hand in the story?

Edit: just learned that this is Vince's movie. Whatever happens, it will be amazing.

Lol that would sound like a horrible last season. Would make GOT’s last season look incredible in comparison lol. If Vince ever did say that about Walter then he was either really drunk or obviously making a joke. Walter was a drug dealer not a superhero.
howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Post#6 » by howlin mad axer » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:29 pm

Of course they take advantage of how by the end of the series the only people fans still liked were Badger and Skinny P.
NinjaBro
RealGM

Post#7 » by NinjaBro » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:39 pm

Yosemite Dan wrote:
SHFT wrote:there was an article a few years ago that Vince Gilligan (creator) said another season was coming out. Walter is not dead, but in hospital chained up. He gets sent to prison, escapes (because he is like a God to the criminl underworld now) and starts up again. Jesse starts his own empire after he escapes and they go head to head.

Lol that would sound like a horrible last season. Would make GOT’s last season look incredible in comparison lol. If Vince ever did say that about Walter then he was either really drunk or obviously making a joke. Walter was a drug dealer not a superhero.

Yep, Walter needs to stay dead to preserve the sanctity of this GOAT tier show and finale. I thought how they ended the show was great. Seeing Jesse tie up some loose ends and rebuild his life is going to be terrific, I really can't wait for this.

On a side note, I tried to get my buddy into Breaking Bad telling him it's the greatest show ever. He quit after the 3rd episode of season 1 saying it moves too slow LOL.
ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 968

Post#8 » by ImissJordan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:18 pm

NinjaBro wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:

Yep, Walter needs to stay dead to preserve the sanctity of this GOAT tier show and finale. I thought how they ended the show was great. Seeing Jesse tie up some loose ends and rebuild his life is going to be terrific, I really can't wait for this.

On a side note, I tried to get my buddy into Breaking Bad telling him it's the greatest show ever. He quit after the 3rd episode of season 1 saying it moves too slow LOL.

I hear this often and it really confuses me.

**SPOILER ALERT**

By the end of the second episode you have corpses melting from the ceiling and Walt has already murdered three people. Like...if that's considered slow, what would be sufficiently paced, then? Should Walt have become Heisenberg by the end of the pilot?

It's incredible how low people's attention spans are.
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,040

Post#9 » by raptor jesus » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:24 pm

Walt is alive. He was hit by shrapnel (below the line of fire and able to walk around for several minutes after being struck) and medical assistance was on the scene very quickly.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,373

Post#10 » by Hero » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:35 pm

But does Breaking Bad need a sequel? Wasn't it fine how they left it?
EH15
General Manager
And1: 6,960

Post#11 » by EH15 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:53 pm

ImissJordan wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:

**SPOILER ALERT**

By the end of the second episode you have corpses melting from the ceiling and Walt has already murdered three people. Like...if that's considered slow, what would be sufficiently paced, then? Should Walt have become Heisenberg by the end of the pilot?

Gonna pile on here.

Even in the pilot, Walt went from high school teacher to cooking meth in an RV in the middle of the desert and about to blow his brains out in the span of one episode. Literally one episode. Literally in the span of 60 minutes.
jimross
Sixth Man
And1: 2,476

Post#12 » by jimross » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:15 pm

ImissJordan wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:

**SPOILER ALERT**

The show definitely has it's slow moments. Especially Walts home life with Skylar and Walt JR (who might be the most insufferable characters in a show of all time). But the other parts are soooooo good it's easy to stick through.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#13 » by Yosemite Dan » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:03 pm

jimross wrote:
ImissJordan wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:

**SPOILER ALERT**

The show definitely has it's slow moments. Especially Walts home life with Skylar and Walt JR (who might be the most insufferable characters in a show of all time). But the other parts are soooooo good it's easy to stick through.

It does have slow parts but thats what pacing is all about so it makes the chaotic scenes guys that much more impactful. A lost art in most shows and movies these days with the rampant ADD viewers

Although I get what u mean about Skyler. She would drive me to sell drugs too just to get out of the house.
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,221

Post#14 » by The Warrior » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:07 am

Hooooooo B****

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#15 » by tor1234567 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:52 am

Better Call Saul is waaay better than Breaking Bad
NinjaBro
RealGM

Post#16 » by NinjaBro » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:00 am

tor1234567 wrote:Better Call Saul is waaay better than Breaking Bad

tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#17 » by tor1234567 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:18 am

NinjaBro wrote:

Yup.

Character development is much better.

Breaking Bad is decent, but it still has a lot of cheesy and unrealistic events. It also doesn't really develop many of the characters, and the characters they did develop tend to have a lot of inconsistencies in their behavior. Plus, I thought the actor playing Jesse Pinkman really sucked. Terrible actor, lol.

Better Call Saul is a LOT slower than Breaking Bad, with fewer explosions... But the character development is awesome.

The Better Call Saul episode where you see alot of Mike Ehrmantraut's history and the episode where he talks about how he "broke his boy" was something out of a movie. Breaking Bad has NOTHING like that.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,471

Post#18 » by KL78192020 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:25 am

ImissJordan wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
Yosemite Dan wrote:

**SPOILER ALERT**

lol people with attention spans of Donald Trump.
ChimRichalds
Junior
And1: 679

Post#19 » by ChimRichalds » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:19 am

tor1234567 wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:

Yup.

Character development is much better.

Breaking Bad is decent, but it still has a lot of cheesy and unrealistic events. It also doesn't really develop many of the characters, and the characters they did develop tend to have a lot of inconsistencies in their behavior. Plus, I thought the actor playing Jesse Pinkman really sucked. Terrible actor, lol.

Better Call Saul is a LOT slower than Breaking Bad, with fewer explosions... But the character development is awesome.

The Better Call Saul episode where you see alot of Mike Ehrmantraut's history and the episode where he talks about how he "broke his boy" was something out of a movie. Breaking Bad has NOTHING like that.

i've seen beheading videos less offensive than this post
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#20 » by Kabookalu » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:34 am

As factually wrong he is about Breaking Bad (indefensibly wrong), I will say that through their respective first 3 seasons I enjoyed Better Call Saul more. Part of that is because the creators didn't know what they wanted to do with Breaking Bad in the first season. Vince's plans for season 1 was for Walt to keep a drug dealer hidden inside of his basement, and then through some wild series of plot developments, Walt Jr. was going to kill the drug dealer (paraphrasing here, I can't find the original article I read this from).

Better Call Saul on the other hand they've had a clear plan right from the get go, so that gives them a leg up. However the final 2 seasons of Breaking Bad are arguably the best of all time, and Better Call Saul is handicapped in how they can stick the landing so it's doubtful it'll have as good of a conclusion.
Read on Twitter

Return to Toronto Raptors