Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,414

Re: ATL - Melo to Portland 

Post#141 » by RiotPunch » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:57 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
Which also makes Orlando a solid option if they're ready to bail on Bamba or something, Weltman/Hammond's seat has got to be starting to warm up a bit and could be motivated to make a splash.

On the Duncan/Hollinger pod, Nate was ripping Hammond and Weltman. Hollinger gave them an incomplete. Said they hadn’t yet gone all in on a big trade. Middleton to Orlando would be a total Hail Mary/save my job type of move. I’m just not sure what they have in assets that helps us more than Middleton.

Gordon/Bamba/Okeke(unsigned)/picks could be an attractive reset package for a team, but yeah it's not the easiest sell, especially for a talent like Dame.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,057

Post#142 » by Plossum » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:25 pm

I’d be ropable as a Portland fan if that’s what I got for Dame in his prime.

If we come up short again this year but Giannis re-signs, it’d be tempting to go for a PG level grandfather offer for Dame.
#LockUpChuck
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,982

Post#143 » by jschligs » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:25 pm

Read on Twitter

This is great :lol:
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,030

Post#144 » by mattg » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:08 am

Plossum wrote:I’d be ropable as a Portland fan if that’s what I got for Dame in his prime.

If we come up short again this year but Giannis re-signs, it’d be tempting to go for a PG level grandfather offer for Dame.

If Dame is available at all we’d be crazy to not give them The Godfather offer to pair him and Giannis now.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,057

Post#145 » by Plossum » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:16 am

mattg wrote:
Plossum wrote:I’d be ropable as a Portland fan if that’s what I got for Dame in his prime.

If Dame is available at all we’d be crazy to not give them The Godfather offer to pair him and Giannis now.

Agree. Just think the only way Dame leaves Portland is if he asks out. No chance in hell they trade him to rebuild proactively.
#LockUpChuck
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#146 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:35 am

mattg wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
mattg wrote:How awesome is Lou Will? His progression over the years is also just incredible.

Can’t stand watching him play. He’s Harden lite, there’s no way he should go to the line as much as he does. He’s a pretty **** player in the playoffs when refs tighten up on their whistle.

So you hate watching Sweet Lou only but you loved and vehemently defended Tony Snell when we started him here.

Don’t see any comparison style wise between Harden and Lou other than being guards who run PnR. As far as the playoffs, Lou was incredible last year and almost led LAC to an upset over GS as their best player. Then you have his playoff performances when he was younger, but those are sorta dumb to use when you look at his progression and improvement as a player who just kept getting better every year and evolving. It’d be like pointing to Giannis’s playoff performance against the bulls his first time as if it’s even relevant to the player he is today.

Lou shot 43% and 33% last year in the playoffs. His usage was sky high and he was a big negative defensively. He was anything but amazing. He had 2 good games and 4 terrible ones in a 6 game series. He hit more than 1 three in only one game. He shot 3/21 in Game 6 lol this board went bananas when Khris went 3/16 against Toronto. He’s become the most overrated player on here.

Awesome 6th man. Starter? Meh
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#147 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:47 am

Know they’re on a back to back but I’m really disappointed by the Heat tonight. Recorded the game hoping they’d take it to Philly and ended up fast-forwarding through all of it after like 5 minutes of a complete beat down.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#148 » by Coach Carter » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:00 am

Portland lose again...
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,030

Post#149 » by mattg » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:12 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
mattg wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
Can’t stand watching him play. He’s Harden lite, there’s no way he should go to the line as much as he does. He’s a pretty **** player in the playoffs when refs tighten up on their whistle.

So you hate watching Sweet Lou only but you loved and vehemently defended Tony Snell when we started him here.

Don’t see any comparison style wise between Harden and Lou other than being guards who run PnR. As far as the playoffs, Lou was incredible last year and almost led LAC to an upset over GS as their best player. Then you have his playoff performances when he was younger, but those are sorta dumb to use when you look at his progression and improvement as a player who just kept getting better every year and evolving. It’d be like pointing to Giannis’s playoff performance against the bulls his first time as if it’s even relevant to the player he is today.

Lou shot 43% and 33% last year in the playoffs. His usage was sky high and he was a big negative defensively. He was anything but amazing. He had 2 good games and 4 terrible ones in a 6 game series. He hit more than 1 three in only one game. He shot 3/21 in Game 6 lol this board went bananas when Khris went 3/16 against Toronto. He’s become the most overrated player on here.

First there’s no way you watched that series last year. Let’s address a few things:

Why would you use averages over a six game sample size? That doesn’t make sense and tells so little of what actually happened, just look game by game. You say 4 terrible games? Did you just pick the losses? What is game one?

Lou definitely had 3 bad games including one epically bad game (you know, the one that drastically skews the full playoff averages thus obscuring impact). But, he was also the number one option playing against full strength GS with Curry/Klay/Durant/Green. He absolutely dominated them twice by masterfully running the PnR nonstop. Lou isn’t a #1 option and isn’t expected to be one, so why would you judge him on the standard of not being able to lead a team past the healthy warriors? That’s also why the Middleton parallel you mentioned is absurd, Khris has Giannis getting triple teamed in the paint when he goes 3/16.

It’s hard to say for sure with how our whole team melted down last year, but I feel pretty comfortable saying if we had Lou instead of Khris last year we win the title just based on the stylistic advantages he offers with his ability to play ball screens and run an offense. Like think of all Lou does to help Harrell feast...now imagine that with Giannis.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#150 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:47 am

mattg wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
mattg wrote:So you hate watching Sweet Lou only but you loved and vehemently defended Tony Snell when we started him here.

First there’s no way you watched that series last year. Let’s address a few things:

Why would you use averages over a six game sample size? That doesn’t make sense and tells so little of what actually happened, just look game by game. You say 4 terrible games? Did you just pick the losses? What is game one?

Lou definitely had 3 bad games including one epically bad game (you know, the one that drastically skews the full playoff averages thus obscuring impact). But, he was also the number one option playing against full strength GS with Curry/Klay/Durant/Green. He absolutely dominated them twice by masterfully running the PnR nonstop. Lou isn’t a #1 option and isn’t expected to be one, so why would you judge him on the standard of not being able to lead a team past the healthy warriors? That’s also why the Middleton parallel you mentioned is absurd, Khris has Giannis getting triple teamed in the paint when he goes 3/16.

It’s hard to say for sure with how our whole team melted down last year, but I feel pretty comfortable saying if we had Lou instead of Khris last year we win the title just based on the stylistic advantages he offers with his ability to play ball screens and run an offense. Like think of all Lou does to help Harrell feast...now imagine that with Giannis.

Last year was the best season of Lou’s career and it didn’t even match Middleton’s career average. He’s exactly the type of player you wouldn’t want paired up with Giannis. He needs the insane usage to be effective, that’s why he was always so good as a 6th man. The Bucks need guys around Giannis who feed off of him, not the other way around.

People like Lou so much because of his contract, not because he is better than Middleton. Swap Midds for Lou last year and we’re worse. Better financial situation, worse product on the court.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,549

Post#151 » by drone3 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:06 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Know they’re on a back to back but I’m really disappointed by the Heat tonight. Recorded the game hoping they’d take it to Philly and ended up fast-forwarding through all of it after like 5 minutes of a complete beat down.
Richardson wanted good old revenge, and got it
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#152 » by Jez2983 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:13 am

If there's actually a chance the NBA is going to shorten the season... That's immense.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,716

Post#153 » by LuessiT » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:15 am

Jez2983 wrote:If there's actually a chance the NBA is going to shorten the season... That's immense.

I very much doubt it. Maybe they'll trade some regular season games for a tournament but it won't get much shorter. It's all about the $$$.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#154 » by Jez2983 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:17 am

LuessiT wrote:
Jez2983 wrote:If there's actually a chance the NBA is going to shorten the season... That's immense.

I very much doubt it. Maybe they'll trade some regular season games for a tournament but it won't get much shorter. It's all about the $$$.

Yeah I'd be surprised. The comments on the wiretap are fantastic too. 'Players didn't need the rest in the old days and these ones are supposed to be more skilled' etc.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,293

Post#155 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:40 am

How do you convince players to shorten the regular season when they can currently play 60 or 70 games due to "injuries" and still get paid for 82? It's like when the NFL tried to turn preseason games into regular season games. Players didn't want that because they can currently skip the preseason games and still get paid for a 20 game season.
Read on Twitter
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,204

Post#156 » by RRyder823 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:04 am

ElPeregrino wrote:How do you convince players to shorten the regular season when they can currently play 60 or 70 games due to "injuries" and still get paid for 82? It's like when the NFL tried to turn preseason games into regular season games. Players didn't want that because they can currently skip the preseason games and still get paid for a 20 game season.

NFL players dont get paid for a 20 game season. They get paid for 16. Players didnt want to turn 2 preseason games into regular season games because the owners didnt want to adjust the salary cap to fit an 18 game season and keep it what it as it is now at 16. That said the 18 game season WILL happen at some point it's just a matter of what it will look like and when. (Whether players will only be allowed to be active more then 16 games etc etc)

But your point is still valid. Its hard to convince someone to do more and get paid the same when they can do less and get paid the same

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,925

Post#157 » by blazza18 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:18 am

I assume you convince them when the next tv contract isn’t as high and their salaries drop.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,293

Post#158 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:00 am

RRyder823 wrote:
ElPeregrino wrote:How do you convince players to shorten the regular season when they can currently play 60 or 70 games due to "injuries" and still get paid for 82? It's like when the NFL tried to turn preseason games into regular season games. Players didn't want that because they can currently skip the preseason games and still get paid for a 20 game season.

NFL players dont get paid for a 20 game season. They get paid for 16. Players didnt want to turn 2 preseason games into regular season games because the owners didnt want to adjust the salary cap to fit an 18 game season and keep it what it as it is now at 16. That said the 18 game season WILL happen at some point it's just a matter of what it will look like and when. (Whether players will only be allowed to be active more then 16 games etc etc)

But your point is still valid. Its hard to convince someone to do more and get paid the same when they can do less and get paid the same

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app

NFL players make about $2000 per preseason game regardless of whether or not they play. Much less than what they make in the regular season but still great money. My point is it's tough to convince NFL players to give up preseason games because players view those games as free money. Likewise, NBA players know the more games there are the more money they make and there are no consequences for sitting games. If regular season games are removed, the NBA needs to do something to make sure salaries don't drop.

Read on Twitter
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,395

Post#159 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:57 pm

Luka is absurd.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,784

Post#160 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:09 pm

Luka is freaking me out at this point

Return to Milwaukee Bucks