Adjusted Team Efficiency Ratings from NBA Math

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Adjusted Team Efficiency Ratings from NBA Math 

Post#1 » by Detective » Sun Dec 1, 2019 4:51 pm

UPDATE: Latest version

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Notes:

- Dat large Raps logo looking at the Lakers like a snacc, before eyeing the smaller sized venison portion nearby. Need to feed all those undrafted and G-League hungry mouths.
- C's absorbing the Heat into their collective
- Mavs living off their O-face, I mean Offense
- Pray for ATL
- Kawhi looking North, and remembering fondly
- What are the Pistons even doing?
- Nets and Kings looking to escape their prisons, to freedom
- Pacers.... That's a really small p, fam. But Dipo should boost your fire power when he returns.
- Roxx aka Houston Harden's about to blast off into good company after last night's game.

Spoiler:
fianchetto
Starter
And1: 2,997

Re: Adjusted Team Efficiency Ratings from NBA Math 

Post#2 » by fianchetto » Sun Dec 1, 2019 5:57 pm

Dare I say... east is beast?
“If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?”
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,152

Post#3 » by Reeko » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:07 pm

Top of the East is better than the top of the West. Lakers have benefitted from a weak schedule. The real contenders are the Raptors, Clippers, Bucks and Celtics.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Zombiesonics
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,213

Post#4 » by Zombiesonics » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:10 pm

not surprised, raps celts and bucks are all excellent WELL ROUNDED teams that can win it all this year if things break right. I predict the finals to be the clippers vs one of those teams.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,380

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:11 pm

Mavs offense is just silly right now. And the defense is just mediocre enough for them to beat bad teams(outside of the Knicks) and have a puncher's chance against the good ones.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,788

Post#6 » by cupcakesnake » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:17 pm

Reeko wrote:Top of the East is better than the top of the West. Lakers have benefitted from a weak schedule. The real contenders are the Raptors, Clippers, Bucks and Celtics.

I don't think it's fair to say that about the Lakers until they actually lose more than a couple games to quality teams. I agree that we shouldn't overrate the Lake Show, but drawing the conclusion that they won't beat good teams isn't substantial yet. They've lost to the Clippers and Raptor but they have beat Utah, Miami and Dallas. Lebron and AD are ridiculous, and although this team is shallow, they have multiple versions of the same kind of player they need (Dwight/Javale, Green/KCP/Avery Bradley, Rondo/Caruso) so they're not as vulnerable to small injuries as I thought they might be. Time will tell but let's stop auto-counting out the Lakers just because we're all haters.

Also, I only count 29 teams on this chart. Where is Miami?
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,313

Post#7 » by bisme37 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:20 pm

jamaalstar21 wrote:
Reeko wrote:Top of the East is better than the top of the West. Lakers have benefitted from a weak schedule. The real contenders are the Raptors, Clippers, Bucks and Celtics.

I don't think it's fair to say that about the Lakers until they actually lose more than a couple games to quality teams. I agree that we shouldn't overrate the Lake Show, but drawing the conclusion that they won't beat good teams isn't substantial yet. They've lost to the Clippers and Raptor but they have beat Utah, Miami and Dallas. Lebron and AD are ridiculous, and although this team is shallow, they have multiple versions of the same kind of player they need (Dwight/Javale, Green/KCP/Avery Bradley, Rondo/Caruso) so they're not as vulnerable to small injuries as I thought they might be. Time will tell but let's stop auto-counting out the Lakers just because we're all haters.

I think Miami is poking out behind Boston if you look really closely.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,313

Post#8 » by bisme37 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:22 pm

The weird part to me is how the Celtics are any good when RGM says all our players suck lol.

Kemba is a fraud, Tatum and Brown have regressed, Hayward is washed (and not playing right now anyway), no good big men, etc.

The team's success is a true mystery.
Texas Chuck
And1: 89,380

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:25 pm

bisme37 wrote:The weird part to me is how the Celtics are any good when RGM says all our players suck lol.

Kemba is a fraud, Tatum and Brown have regressed, Hayward is washed (and not playing right now anyway), no good big men, etc.

The team's success is a true mystery.

We give all the credit to Smarf obviously. :D
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
MarcusBrody
Starter
And1: 3,805

Post#10 » by MarcusBrody » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:27 pm

jamaalstar21 wrote:

Does the "Adjusted" part mean that the ratings take into consideration the strength of opponent? I know that factors in on heir rolling team ratings which I assume are somewhat based on these stats.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,817

Post#11 » by yoyoboy » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:29 pm

Only the Clippers and Bucks are “real contenders” as currently constructed. Toronto and Boston can’t beat either of those teams in a 7 game series. And it’s doubtful they could even beat LA or Houston.
Detective
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Detective » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:30 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:Mavs offense is just silly right now. And the defense is just mediocre enough for them to beat bad teams(outside of the Knicks) and have a puncher's chance against the good ones.

I hope Mod Dirk is okay. This Mavs' Offense may be too much for him to handle. It's like a drug.

MarcusBrody wrote:Does the "Adjusted" part mean that the ratings take into consideration the strength of opponent? I know that factors in on heir rolling team ratings which I assume are somewhat based on these stats.

Yes, it does. That's why you see certain teams in the Good O/Good D portion of the chart(and elsewhere), but with a tiny logo(or larger logo on the Bad O/Bad D parts), because while they are doing well, they have essentially had an easy schedule to help with that.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,152

Post#13 » by Reeko » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:30 pm

jamaalstar21 wrote:

I know I'm being unfair. I just cannot stand the attention and praise they get when they have benefitted from a weak schedule yet a lot of the pundits constantly spew this narrative of them having the best record in the league without providing the proper context.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,581

Post#14 » by Dirk » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:35 pm

jamaalstar21 wrote:Where is Miami?

60/21/10
MarcusBrody
Starter
And1: 3,805

Post#15 » by MarcusBrody » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:37 pm

Detective wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Mavs offense is just silly right now. And the defense is just mediocre enough for them to beat bad teams(outside of the Knicks) and have a puncher's chance against the good ones.

I hope Mod Dirk is okay. This Mavs' Offense may be too much for him to handle. It's like a drug.

MarcusBrody wrote:Does the "Adjusted" part mean that the ratings take into consideration the strength of opponent? I know that factors in on heir rolling team ratings which I assume are somewhat based on these stats.

Yes, it does. That's why you see certain teams in the Good O/Good D portion of the chart(and elsewhere), but with a tiny logo(or larger logo on the Bad O/Bad D parts), because while they are doing well, they have essentially had an easy schedule to help with that.

Thanks. I couldn't tell if it was factored into the actual numerical ranking or just into the scaling of the logos.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,006

Post#16 » by Optms » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:45 pm

:lol:

So fortunate Lebron is in the West now because he'd be fathering the Raptors again on his lap as usual. Kawhi isn't around to bail you guys out either.
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,871

Post#17 » by jehosafats » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:49 pm

Where the hell does Miami fit into this picture?
Detective
Head Coach

Post#18 » by Detective » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:53 pm

Mighty Quinn wrote:Where the hell does Miami fit into this picture?

C's are sitting on them.
fianchetto
Starter
And1: 2,997

Post#19 » by fianchetto » Sun Dec 1, 2019 7:03 pm

Optms wrote:

:lol:

So fortunate Lebron is in the West now because he'd be fathering the Raptors again on his lap as usual. Kawhi isn't around to bail you guys out either.

LeBron’s got his own father to worry about. Father Time. Nice bait post :wink:
“If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?”
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#20 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Dec 1, 2019 7:04 pm

This is the updated graph. Bucks take the lead and the Pacers still barely visible despite losing against Philly.

Read on Twitter
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.

Return to The General Board