Andrew Bogut To Decide Whether To Retire By Mid-May

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Andrew Bogut To Decide Whether To Retire By Mid-May 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:43 pm

Andrew Bogut said that the current stoppage in play is making him consider retirement.

"I haven't done any basketball since the season ended, and it feels good waking up, getting out of bed and not feeling like I'm walking on glass. It's [my career] all been thrown into a washing machine, essentially ... but there's a decision to be made probably by mid-May," said the 35-year-old Bogut.

Bogut, who spent the last two years in Australia's National Basketball League, planned to retire after playing in the 2020 Olympics.

Bogut discussed how badly he wanted to play in what he considered the best team in the country's history, but that training wore him down. 

"We've been tantalizingly close, and the squad we're going to have is arguably going to be the best squad in the history of the Boomers, on paper at least. To be part of that, selfishly, is something I really want to do, but the body is what it comes down to. I can get up for a basketball game any day of the week, but it's hard to get up for five, six days of training a week and lifting weights.''

Via ESPN

Return to Wiretap Discussion