What is the likelihood that AD leaves the Lakers this offseason?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

0%
37%
10%
24%
25%
10%
33%
8%
50%
5%
66%
3%
75%
3%
90%
2%
99%
1%
100%
7%

Total votes: 178

Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,965

Post#1 » by Metallikid » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:47 am

igorbianch
Analyst
And1: 4,321

Re: What is the likelihood that AD leaves the Lakers this offseason? 

Post#2 » by igorbianch » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:47 am

I would say it’s around 0%.
:lol:
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,618

Post#3 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:48 am

I dont think he'll actually leave but he should. He has to look around and see that the lakers will only get worse. Especially if they underperform in the playoffs like losing to the Blazers first round :)
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#4 » by 13th Man » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:50 am

Why would he stick around if they don't win? Lebron is only getting older. Depends how much he values winning a championship I guess over comfort.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,638

Post#5 » by azcatz11 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:56 am

13th Man wrote:Why would he stick around if they don't win? Lebron is only getting older. Depends how much he values winning a championship I guess over comfort.

I think you nailed it. I'd bet the house he values comfort being in LA and playing with Lebron (his bestie) going forward over a new challenge.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,594

Post#6 » by durden_tyler » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:05 am

90% if they lose in the first round.
70% if they lose in the conference semis.
35% if they lose in the conference finals.
10% if they lose in the finals.
0% if they win the title.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,197

Post#7 » by Optms » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:08 am

The Lakers are winning it all so its not happening. He's staying win or lose either way. First year together and if they do lose, it will only be due to the shutdown destroying all the momentum Lebron had built up. If the Lakers or Clippers don't win it, huge asterisk coming to anyone else.

Lakers had the chip on lock in March.
RoLo
Senior
And1: 1,252

Post#8 » by RoLo » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:16 am

its all but a formality imo. the blazers full strength is going to be tough match up for them. they are going to upset them with no home court.
Metallikid
RealGM

Post#9 » by Metallikid » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:38 am

Optms wrote:The Lakers are winning it all so its not happening. He's staying win or lose either way. First year together and if they do lose, it will only be due to the shutdown destroying all the momentum Lebron had built up. If the Lakers or Clippers don't win it, huge asterisk coming to anyone else.

How the hell does that work?

Either the champ this year gets an asterisk or they don't.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,452

Post#10 » by Dr Aki » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:43 am

Why would he ever want to leave this?

Spoiler:
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,197

Post#11 » by Optms » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:57 am

Metallikid wrote:
Optms wrote:The Lakers are winning it all so its not happening. He's staying win or lose either way. First year together and if they do lose, it will only be due to the shutdown destroying all the momentum Lebron had built up. If the Lakers or Clippers don't win it, huge asterisk coming to anyone else.

Not hard to understand. If Lebron and Kawhi cannot perform to their level of dominance in the post season its because they needed more time to get their bodies ready. 8 games isn't enough. Holds true more for Lebron more because he needed a full 3 months before he was a full MVP level player this past season.

If they get knocked out while going bonkers, sure, but if they can't perform like they have in the past and they get knocked out, huge Asterisk. Don't even get me started how homecourt doesn't exist now. Both teams worked hard for it all season and now its basically all out the window.
CS707
General Manager
And1: 6,416

Post#12 » by CS707 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:04 am

He’s the heir apparent to one off the biggest brands in sports, in a great city if you have the money, and going to get paid. Nobody leaves that.
ADMVP
Rookie
And1: 822

Post#13 » by ADMVP » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:04 am

azcatz11 wrote:
13th Man wrote:Why would he stick around if they don't win? Lebron is only getting older. Depends how much he values winning a championship I guess over comfort.

I think you nailed it. I'd bet the house he values comfort being in LA and playing with Lebron (his bestie) going forward over a new challenge.
Why is Lebron his bestie? AD was a child when Bron was grown.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Metallikid
RealGM

Post#14 » by Metallikid » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:04 am

Optms wrote:
Metallikid wrote:

Not hard to understand. If Lebron and Kawhi cannot perform to their level of dominance in the post season its because they needed more time to get their bodies ready. 8 games isn't enough. Holds true more for Lebron more because he needed a full 3 months before he was a full MVP level player this past season.

If they get knocked out while going bonkers, sure, but if they can't perform like they have in the past and they get knocked out, huge Asterisk. Don't even get me started how homecourt doesn't exist now. Both teams worked hard for it all season and now its basically all out the window.

Bruh that's how the cookie crumbles. If they don't perform that's on them that's not an asterisk for someone else. States opened up more or less at the same time and teams had the same amount of time off and time back. The last team standing wins.

What you just did is make a big self-fulfilling prophecy that's a self-contained excuse in case a LA team doesn't win.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#15 » by Jedzz » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:16 am

Optms wrote:
Metallikid wrote:

Not hard to understand coming from a Lakers fan either. Anyone winning this thing is getting an asterisk of some sort for this whole crazy bubble thing, the break, the dumping of 8 bad teams out of final number of games that other teams couldn't play to get proper seeding.

The lakers and clippers have both shown weaknesses at points in this season. A bunch of teams have spent the last few years trying to build up to match the Warriors level. It's pretty competitive right now so Lakers/Clippers( early season media favs) will need to play their best the entire time just to get there. However I'm not sure anyone cares as much about seeding this year having no home courts and having so much competitive teams. These early games may not matter to these guys. Saving it for later.
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,422

Post#16 » by And1+2 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:21 am

He might as well stay in LA, it's an easy market to attract talent even when the front office is completely incompetent.
OGLife
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,892

Post#17 » by OGLife » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:30 am

He probably signs a 1+1 deal.

When would he be able to get a super max contract?
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,204

Post#18 » by RRyder823 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:43 am

Optms wrote:
Metallikid wrote:

Uhmmmm. Niether one of those teams wouldve had home court in the Finals so unless you want to amend your statement to "anyone but the Bucks that wins then there's an asterisk" then I'm pretty sure you're just talking out of your ass based on personal LA bias

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,626

Post#19 » by youngthegiant » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:45 am

If he were smart he'd go to Denver.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#20 » by drosereturn » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:47 am

durden_tyler wrote:90% if they lose in the first round.
70% if they lose in the conference semis.
35% if they lose in the conference finals.
10% if they lose in the finals.
0% if they win the title.

This which is why I expect AD to leave.
They wont make the finals and not even cf likely.
Lakers got nothing except lebron.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!

Return to The General Board