[BS Podcast] Jared Dudley on the Clippers "Man we were laughing"

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

LBC SoCal
Junior
And1: 417

Re: [BS Podcast] Jared Dudley on the Clippers "Man we were laughing" 

Post#41 » by LBC SoCal » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:40 am

It’s was one of the funniest things in sports and I’m still laughing about it to this day. This news isn’t a surprise, I mean come on lol.
11 titles won in LA in the modern era, while y’all living on “success” from 2 generations ago :lol:
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#42 » by COY0607 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:56 am

iamworthy wrote:Great podcast episode. As others have said, Dudley was great and listening to Bill Simmons rant about the Lakers was even better.

Simmons and Russillo talking NBA has been awesome all year. Arguably the best episode to close the season.

Hopefully we get more of this stuff in the long off-season
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#43 » by Roscoe Sheed » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:59 am

NoZoLakers wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:I get why people may dislike some of the Clippers players. However, many teams have obnoxious players. I understand the disdain for Pat Beverely in particular, but I don't get the hatred of PG13. He had several subpar games in the playoffs, but what exactly has he said to deserve such tremendous vitriol?

However, people have to understand that the Clipper fans have suffered greatly. What a loyal fan base to stick with them through such letdowns. Clipper fans- more than any fan base I can think of deserve to have a very successful team- hopefully a championship. It is hard being a Clipper fan in LA. It is tiresome hearing "The city needed this (the Lakers winning it all)"- well Clipper fans certainly didn't need it and we are part of the city!

let see
-getting salty at presser after Dame hit the gm winning shot in playoffs n calling it a "bad shot" rather than just congratulating him

-playoff p as some sort of mythical player

-making fun of dame again during bubble "yall getting sent hm"

justna few

I can see why those comments may rub people the wrong way. My point is that many players say or do things that others may not like, but PG gets tremendous hatred- as if he has committed some horrible crime.

For example, on the Lakers LeBron could be criticized for his earlier arrogance while on Miami- declaring they would essentially win an infinitesimal number of championships to him claiming Daryl Morey was misinformed about China and Hong Kong.

Rajon Rondo's homophobic comments directed toward Bill Kennedy amongst other offensive things he's done.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/dec/15/rajon-rondo-gay-slur-nba

KCP's DUI debacle.

Dwight Howard's behavior overall throughout his career- self-focused and dirty play.

Anthony Davis forcing his way out of NOLA despite having one more year on his contract.

You put up with it because they are on the team you cheer for. I get it- my point is Clipper fans have to do the same with PG.

It is disappointing that the 2 most recent competitive editions of the Clippers have been some of the most despised teams in the NBA despite other teams having equally offensive characters.

I guess none of it matters anyway. It is just a sport and sort of waste of time for grown men like me and others to care so much.
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#44 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:17 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:I get why people may dislike some of the Clippers players. However, many teams have obnoxious players. I understand the disdain for Pat Beverely in particular, but I don't get the hatred of PG13. He had several subpar games in the playoffs, but what exactly has he said to deserve such tremendous vitriol?

However, people have to understand that the Clipper fans have suffered greatly. What a loyal fan base to stick with them through such letdowns. Clipper fans- more than any fan base I can think of deserve to have a very successful team- hopefully a championship. It is hard being a Clipper fan in LA. It is tiresome hearing "The city needed this (the Lakers winning it all)"- well Clipper fans certainly didn't need it and we are part of the city!

let see
-getting salty at presser after Dame hit the gm winning shot in playoffs n calling it a "bad shot" rather than just congratulating him

justna few

I can see why those comments may rub people the wrong way. My point is that many players say or do things that others may not like, but PG gets tremendous hatred- as if he has committed some horrible crime.

For example, on the Lakers LeBron could be criticized for his earlier arrogance while on Miami- declaring they would essentially win an infinitesimal number of championships to him claiming Daryl Morey was misinformed about China and Hong Kong.

Rajon Rondo's homophobic comments directed toward Bill Kennedy amongst other offensive things he's done.

KCP's DUI debacle.

Dwight Howard's behavior overall throughout his career- self-focused and dirty play.

Anthony Davis forcing his way out of NOLA despite having one more year on his contract.

You put up with it because they are on the team you cheer for. I get it- my point is Clipper fans have to do the same with PG.

It is disappointing that the 2 most recent competitive editions of the Clippers have been some of the most despised teams in the NBA despite other teams having equally offensive characters.

I guess none of it matters anyway. It is just a sport and sort of waste of time for grown men like me and others to care so much.

TBH, I really liked Lob City.. the hate they started recieving later on was due to how CP3 rubs people the wrong way.. Hasn't changed. Also, I think it tells a lot about Doc as a coach. When he's coaching a bunch of up and comers - no glitz and glamour it's all good!

However, it seems he brings out the worst in stars and good players when it comes to attitude, who etc. Look at KG, Rondo, Blake later years, CP3, PG, Beverly etc etc... Also hate towards a team means you're popular. It comes with the territory my man...
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,963

Post#45 » by Optms » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:21 am

NY 567 wrote:Clippers are lucky Luka and KP were hurt, otherwise they'd have been even more embarrassed getting sent out in the first round.

Luka and Porzingis were headed to face the Lakers. No doubt about it after watching those second round teams.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#46 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:26 am

I ain't slammin the Clipps, talk about Low Hanging fruit. Too easy. If you Live in LA, the Clipps have been the Butt of the Jokes for decades. In other words, its par for the course, part of Living in LA, a regular occurrence. This is Laker Town, and will never be anything else.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#47 » by TheBoi10 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:07 am

Jimmy Recard wrote:Always love how candid Duds is. He’ll be great in the media when he retires. Thanks for sharing OP

He talks too fast, dude always sounds like he's on something
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#48 » by LesGrossman » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:08 am

NoZoLakers wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:Classy move i guess he also has a realGM account. Has he played any seconds in the finals?

actually he did

Well i‘m sure he was a game changer
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Brofessor24
Sixth Man
And1: 888

Post#49 » by Brofessor24 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:24 am

Lol at the snowflakes ITT!
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Post#50 » by slicedbread2 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:37 am

Optms wrote:
NY 567 wrote:Clippers are lucky Luka and KP were hurt, otherwise they'd have been even more embarrassed getting sent out in the first round.

Luka and Porzingis were headed to face the Lakers. No doubt about it after watching those second round teams.

It would have been fun to see the potential future dynamic duos of Doncic/Porzingis going against Murray/Jokic in the 2nd round against each other. Who knows who would've won, but man either duo would've lost due to lack of experience to the far more experienced Lakers with LBJ/AD/Rondo at the helm. Then again the Clippers collapsing in monumental fashion has given birth to a ton of memes that will never go away so I can't help but crack up in laughter.

Hopefully Porzingis can stay healthy and try to be less reliant on the athleticism in order to prolong his career. That dude is awesome when he goes full unicorn.
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,371

Post#51 » by xinxin » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:52 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:

let see

justna few

KCP's DUI debacle.

the Clips used to be lovable losers... a side show to the glitzy Lakers,

but when the team started to claim that the Lakers are done and its time for the Clips to take over the city, it just rubbed people (Lakers fans mostly) the wrong way..

covering up the banners & retired jerseys in staples.. & recently with all those BS billboards that they couldnt even back up it seems..

the lakers have been the most dominant NBA team since the 70s.. & any attempt to downplay this on the part of a co-tenant who really has nothing to show for it other than 2nd round exits... your team is really going to get it.. trying hard wannabes..

I'm still wondering to this day, why a team would want to exist in the shadow of the Lakers.. which casts the biggest shadow among all the teams in the entire league... the Clippers are really better off in some other town..
twyzted
Sixth Man
And1: 2,182

Post#52 » by twyzted » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:04 am

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:Classy move i guess he also has a realGM account. Has he played any seconds in the finals?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He was called on and asked questions. Even if he wasn't, it pales in comparison to the obnoxious crap spewed by clippers role players and bench warmers. Hell even the water boys.. Celebrating when the opposing team wins games against the Lakers with champagne (after you got kicked out) :lol:

About the podcast itself - Amazing to listen. Hopefully we get a documentary on the entire Bubble sometime down the line. Would be awesome.

Wait the clippers celebrated lakers losing after they got knocked out?
Pennebaker wrote:Jordan lacks LeBron's mental toughness.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#53 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:20 pm

What got me was the Pat Riley Heat part. Dude has not changed. He said Miami got this little Military thing goin on, and after the Win, they would be down in the Lobby partying loud and crazy, like they were Spartans who won the battle. Pat Riley tough style many do not know, injured our players before a championship game, and we lost our starting back court, and Lost the Championship. His military type grind cost us in 90.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#54 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:51 pm

twyzted wrote:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He was called on and asked questions. Even if he wasn't, it pales in comparison to the obnoxious crap spewed by clippers role players and bench warmers. Hell even the water boys.. Celebrating when the opposing team wins games against the Lakers with champagne (after you got kicked out) :lol:

About the podcast itself - Amazing to listen. Hopefully we get a documentary on the entire Bubble sometime down the line. Would be awesome.

Wait the clippers celebrated lakers losing after they got knocked out?

Yup...
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#55 » by Swift21 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:00 pm

Anytime I hear Jared Dudley's name I think of what Kanter told him. "You got the retirement body" :lol:
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,590

Post#56 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:05 pm

As much as it annoys me coming from a scrub and Clippers hater, who has ripped us a ton over the years.... what he's saying isn't wrong. The league and fans wanted Lakers vs Clippers WCF. The Clippers choked. As Dudley said they flat out didn't seem like they even wanted to be in the bubble. The context here wasn't laugh at them, so much as it was they were laughing in disbelief that the choke happened. Either way the Clippers deserve all of the laughter and jokes. It's up to them to prove themselves. The Heat were mocked like crazy for not winning the first year together too despite all of the hype. Will the Clippers respond like the Heat with a couple rings? Or will they continue failing?
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Collymore
Starter
And1: 2,777

Post#57 » by Collymore » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:20 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:

let see

justna few

KCP's DUI debacle.

LeBron could get criticized for declaring they would win an infinitesimal number of championships and how he has communicated regarding the China situation? Yeah, that really slipped by everyone and he didn't receive any criticism!
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#58 » by Jedi32 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:24 pm

I honestly don't see the Clippers winning a chip. I could be wrong, and if I'm proven wrong I have no problem admitting it. I just think that with a healthy Mavs, Nuggets , and warriors that the clippers are at best the 4th best team in the West. Maybe a conference finals, but nothing beyond that.
Scuall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,761

Post#59 » by Scuall » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:02 pm

LesGrossman wrote: Has he played any seconds in the finals?

Dudley has more playing time as a Laker in the Finals then the Clippers have had in their history.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#60 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:

let see

justna few

KCP's DUI debacle.

Yes you are absolutely right those darn gonnit Lakers players were never criticized when those incidents happen... and poor Paul George never did anything that should be called out for.
-Said the green font.
Forum permissions