ImageImageImageImageImage

FVV or Klow? (Scenario FVV to Chicago)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

FVV or Klow

Trade FVV - re-sign Klow for 2 more years
42%
Let Klow go to wherever (ideally in S+T)
58%

Total votes: 79

Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Re: FVV or Klow? (Scenario FVV to Chicago) 

Post#21 » by Metallikid » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:02 pm

I mean, Kyle is easily still the better player, so yes, Kyle.
missionman
Junior
And1: 370

Post#22 » by missionman » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:05 pm

Indeed wrote:Where is the option re-sign Lowry (keeping VanVleet)?
Although he may ask for 25m, but if we can get him for 10m, that is a bargain to help this team grows.

I agree that this could be an option. I was curious to see what the board generally thought if we had to make a choice. There are some fvv 'haters' here, but in general, I thought people would take the option of moving on from Kyle.

As of the time i write this the opinion is more even than I thought!
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#23 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:08 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
JShuttlesworth wrote:If I'm trading FVV to Chicago it's for Lauri.

Gross.

no idea what people see in him, especially Raps fans lol, he's modern era bargs
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,786

Post#24 » by Lord_Zedd » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:11 pm

Lavine's next contract is going to royally suck after next season.

Especially if he makes the all-nba team this year (or next year)
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,650

Post#25 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:12 pm

Badonkadonk wrote:Offense is always overvalued, and Defense underrated. Not surprised so many have soured on FVV in the latter half of the season, though many of those same people were singing a different tune when the Raps went 14-7 near the all-star break with Fred running point and actually looking like a floor general (which is what he was in Wichita State btw).

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/2/26/22302611/fred-vanvleet-toronto-raptors-kyle-lowry-trade-deadline

Fred's too important for the defensive identity of the team to be traded as part of an overpay for Lavine, and Kyle will be gone one way or another soon, so thinning out the Raps primary ballhandlers at this time makes zero sense.

Lavine single handedly would destroy our defense introducing one terribly weak link. We all saw what that can do before 2018, and thiis year, and yet somehow nobody pays attention to defense still, even though it very obviously wins championships?

Dude can flat out score though. I just think that's easy to find that in Lavine.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,650

Post#26 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:14 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Gross.

no idea what people see in him, especially Raps fans lol, he's modern era bargs

Good bench player, bad starter, little to no defense.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#27 » by alienchild » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:59 pm

missionman wrote:I'll accept all the flames for this post and if its been done before as I am not on this board that much, my apologies. I will also give credit to TD2FutureStar if you all think its a good idea, as I read his post with the idea (while I came to the board to see i anything waas out there in terms of trading FVV and re-signing Klow).

I've attached a poll to this as well to see where the board is on who we'd rather have.

Trade FVV and whatever to get Levine. Could be FVV +FRP or FVV+Trent or even FVV+Trent+FRP plus whatever on Chicago's side to make the money work.

I like FVV and am a huge fan of Lowry. But in the choice of letting Lowry go or running with Fred, I think I go with Lowry. Lowry's more of a PG and has worked PNR well with NBA centers. Fred might be a better defender right now, and I might trust FVV to make a big shot in clutch situations over Lowry, but FVV pounds the rock too much and is often the reason why he has to take a tough make. Overall, Lowry is the better fit particularly since size wise and atheltically they are similar, and Lowry has always been whatever we needed him to be, whereas FVV is really an undersized SG.

A trade to Chicago is perfect. Levine is just the sort of player the raptors need. Can create his own offence. Take the 3. Catch lobs from Lowry. And, as TD2FutureStar suggested, FVV is from Illinois so we aren't doing him dirty.

This works (better) if we feel good about Malachi, because longer term I'd take FVV's youth over Klow's age. But Flynn is looking pretty good lately.

Is FVV+GTJ+FRP too much for Levine? Would Chi even consider this?

Flame away...

This thread has nothing to do with FVV or Kyle. It's just about you wanting Lavine. If it's about trading FVV, there are other teams that we could trade with that give us a better return.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
missionman
Junior

Post#28 » by missionman » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:14 pm

alienchild wrote:
missionman wrote:I'll accept all the flames for this post and if its been done before as I am not on this board that much, my apologies. I will also give credit to TD2FutureStar if you all think its a good idea, as I read his post with the idea (while I came to the board to see i anything waas out there in terms of trading FVV and re-signing Klow).

I've attached a poll to this as well to see where the board is on who we'd rather have.

Trade FVV and whatever to get Levine. Could be FVV +FRP or FVV+Trent or even FVV+Trent+FRP plus whatever on Chicago's side to make the money work.

I like FVV and am a huge fan of Lowry. But in the choice of letting Lowry go or running with Fred, I think I go with Lowry. Lowry's more of a PG and has worked PNR well with NBA centers. Fred might be a better defender right now, and I might trust FVV to make a big shot in clutch situations over Lowry, but FVV pounds the rock too much and is often the reason why he has to take a tough make. Overall, Lowry is the better fit particularly since size wise and atheltically they are similar, and Lowry has always been whatever we needed him to be, whereas FVV is really an undersized SG.

A trade to Chicago is perfect. Levine is just the sort of player the raptors need. Can create his own offence. Take the 3. Catch lobs from Lowry. And, as TD2FutureStar suggested, FVV is from Illinois so we aren't doing him dirty.

This works (better) if we feel good about Malachi, because longer term I'd take FVV's youth over Klow's age. But Flynn is looking pretty good lately.

Flame away...

This thread has nothing to do with FVV or Kyle. It's just about you wanting Lavine. If it's about trading FVV, there are other teams that we could trade with that give us a better return.

LOL. well ,the poll is about Fred and Kyle and who people might prefer as our PG if we had to make a choice. I picked Lavine because someone else had suggested it, and I like the culture of the team enough and FVV that I'd hate to trade FVV somewhere he didn't want to go. Seemed like a good fit.

I'm not a Lavine stan.

To be honest - I'm a Demar fan, but I couldn't suggest that as the board would go nuts at taking Demar back in a S+T deal (and sending FVV to San Antonio does nothing for FVV) and would ignore the poll.
missionman
Junior

Post#29 » by missionman » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:15 pm

alienchild wrote:

Flame away...

Moreover - I am curious to know what that better return might be - truly.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,722

Post#30 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:27 pm

I'd be OK with Kyle/Flynn going forward.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#31 » by alienchild » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:41 pm

missionman wrote:
alienchild wrote:

Flame away...

Just quickly, without deep thought, Orlando for Jonathan Isaac, Detroit for Saddiq Bey ( even having to take bad contracts back). Lavine is empty calories.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,572

Post#32 » by bluerap23 » Sat May 1, 2021 12:04 am

I would not and neither would Chicago. A Chicago fan suggested a deal for FVV centred around Patrick Williams. His reasoning being that they need to be in win now mode. I haven't watched PWill that much but seems like a good prospect. It would make more sense for TWO people if we want to reset with Flynn, Trent, OG, PWill all around 22 or 23.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,279

Post#33 » by ruckus » Sat May 1, 2021 12:57 am

I think including Lavine obfuscates things. A probable return for Lowry in a sign and trade are a combination of low end prospects, salary filler and draft picks. A probable return for Fred is not a player with the offensive prowess of Zach Lavine unless we add to it. Lavine is a top 30, arguably top 20 player. Fred is within the top 50.

If we can trade Fred for a player that fits within the culture and is a definite upgrade, either at C or in the backcourt, that would be preferable over the Kyle Lowry mystery box trade package.

Edit: on the topic of Lavine, I'm not convinced that he's a winning player. There's something definitely wrong with the TWolves organization. For all the high lottery picks they've had, they've picked talented players, no doubt. They just don't seem to pick winners.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#34 » by Dennis 37 » Sat May 1, 2021 1:35 am

Danny1616 wrote:No.

Kyle is my favorite player of all time and this doesn't make sense. Kyle is 35 and he'll be 36 next year. His defense has noticeably dipped this year and he doesn't seem to have the same burst/quickness as he did in previous years. He's only going to get worse from here on out. I'm sorry to say but Kyle just doesn't have it anymore like he used to. Even with our squad this year, in past years Kyle would have willed our team to a bunch of wins carrying the team on his back. He can't take over games like he used to.

Just think about this: Andre Igoudala is the oldest player in the NBA right now at 37. Kyle is one of the 15 oldest players in the league. It's extremely rare to sustain an elite level of play that age. The fact that Kyle is playing at the level he is at 35 is incredible, but it's very rare to do. In the league today only CP3 and Lebron have managed to keep playing at an all-star level past 35. Guys like Horford, Millsap, Dwight, Gasol, Igoudala (all 35-37) etc. are on the last stages of their career.

Fred just turned 27. When Kyle was 27 he was literally competing with Jose Calderon for the starting spot on our team. Give Fred a chance to run the team as a full time starter and see what he can do with more experience and not having to share duties with Kyle in a smurf backcourt.

When Dennis said,"I'm not old, I'm 37," he was actually making a joke because in the middle ages, just as in basketball, 37 is old. Just as King Arthur recognized Dennis as old, it is time for us to accept that Kyle is on the very edge of old. Unless he wants to stay, we trade him for whatever we can get.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,476

Post#35 » by Spida888 » Sat May 1, 2021 1:59 am

I'm guessing a trade with Bulls won't happen this offseason.

Lauri isn't very good - he's a good shooter for a big man but he seems too slow to guard smaller guys and too weak to guard big guys.

Lavine likely isn't being traded, Bulls did the big trade to try to convince him to stay. Bulls can offer the most money when he's a UFA in 2022/2023, so he's probably staying.

Patrick Williams would be nice for sure, but I don't think Bulls will give up on him so quickly. Hopefully I'm wrong here.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,481

Post#36 » by bballsparkin » Sat May 1, 2021 2:27 am

No thanks to LaVine. Especially since he's about to get paid. Should they get that number 4 pick though then I'd be interested. Perhaps something with Pascal? Pascal would look great next to Vuc and perhaps LaVine.
Rodrickle
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#37 » by Rodrickle » Sat May 1, 2021 2:31 pm

why? he's pretty average. Bad defense and is pretty close to a one trick pony. He also wants to get paid this offseason.

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app
Rodrickle
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#38 » by Rodrickle » Sat May 1, 2021 2:33 pm

alienchild wrote:
missionman wrote:
alienchild wrote:

Just quickly, without deep thought, Orlando for Jonathan Isaac, Detroit for Saddiq Bey ( even having to take bad contracts back). Lavine is empty calories.
Doubt orlando or chicago will do those trades. I wouldn't if I were them. They are still rebuilding and Fres wouldn't fit in their timeline

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,740

Post#39 » by Yeezus_ » Sat May 1, 2021 2:53 pm

Steelo Green wrote:Kyle will be gone, we should try and trade Fred and rebuild but we will keep him and go no where.

What does going no where mean? If that’s the logic, the team was going no where from 2014-2018 when we won the division every year. I guess every team but the Lakers are going no where.
Yeezy SZN approaching
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#40 » by FreshyFlames » Sat May 1, 2021 9:30 pm

They can both go but that's only because of Kyle's age. FVV does nothing for me on a team with no Superstar
Raps in 6ix

Return to Toronto Raptors