ImageImageImage

Post-Game Notes: POR 129, BOS 119 (34-31)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Re: Post-Game Notes: POR 129, BOS 119 (34-31) 

Post#141 » by GoGreen » Tue May 4, 2021 1:46 am

Red2 wrote:This season has sucked . Im really tired of watching marcus smart shoot 4-17 or 1-9 on 3’s. Snd he can say all he wants about his D but he’s definitely lost a step there. I love his fight and hustle but if you could get a legit starting point guard or shooting guard or a young Big by trading him i would do it.

I sense a lot of Cs fans are getting sick of Marcus' game, I'm in the same boat. He still has a huge fan base, but I haven't heard the criticisms of him quite as loud as this yr.

A Marcus for Lonzo trade would be my dream.
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#142 » by moonie_mcgee » Tue May 4, 2021 1:52 am

Smart's T was icing on the cake but even then we had a chance with Lillards O foul. Just more panic O and unfocused D, and its over.
That's the Way of the World
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#143 » by moonie_mcgee » Tue May 4, 2021 2:00 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
moonie_mcgee wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
We already have that legit starting PG and SG in PP and Nesmith. The easiest
way to fix this is for Smart to go to 6th man role he’s suited for and tough coaching to get him to stop shooting. Sadly Brad doesn’t have the balls

I'd imagine Smart might gracefully come off the bench but Kemba could be a much longer putt. Kemba might go along if it's attributed to his medical situation. That might help him save face a bit. It might also be the opening volley to which he's moved in the offseason with 2 years remaining on his contract. What it would take for that I don't know (pick, player, both) but I personally believe that Pritch is starting NBA talent and makes Kemba obsolete if not a soon to materialize upgrade.

Imagine the extreme in which the starting unit is populated with athletically gifted guys the Celtics drafted:

Smart/Nesmith/Brown/Tatum/RobWill

while the reserves are experienced vets and savvy young players, some of whom can score:

Kemba/Pritchard/Fournier/Grant/Thompson

I think Brad could coach the hell out of that.

No doubt. Here's some home grown balance (or an utter mess lol)
Pritch/Nesmith/Brown/Tatum/RW3
Smart/Kemba/Fournier/Grant/Thompson
Waters/Edwards/Romie/Kornet/Tacko
That's the Way of the World
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,543

Post#144 » by playa-hater » Tue May 4, 2021 2:58 am

moonie_mcgee wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
We already have that legit starting PG and SG in PP and Nesmith. The easiest
way to fix this is for Smart to go to 6th man role he’s suited for and tough coaching to get him to stop shooting. Sadly Brad doesn’t have the balls

I'd imagine Smart might gracefully come off the bench but Kemba could be a much longer putt. Kemba might go along if it's attributed to his medical situation. That might help him save face a bit. It might also be the opening volley to which he's moved in the offseason with 2 years remaining on his contract. What it would take for that I don't know (pick, player, both) but I personally believe that Pritch is starting NBA talent and makes Kemba obsolete if not a soon to materialize upgrade.

Imagine the extreme in which the starting unit is populated with athletically gifted guys the Celtics drafted:

while the reserves are experienced vets and savvy young players, some of whom can score:

Sub in Parker for Grant, or more offense > better D switching, and I would be so happy and thrilled with those lineups.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,690

Post#145 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue May 4, 2021 3:06 am

playa-hater wrote:
moonie_mcgee wrote:

Sub in Parker for Grant, or more offense > better D switching, and I would be so happy and thrilled with those lineups.

I forgot about Parker. Thanks.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,543

Post#146 » by playa-hater » Tue May 4, 2021 3:07 am

playa-hater wrote:

I forgot about Parker. Thanks.

well so has Stevens.. but this time I am OK because Nesmith + Fournier have played so well. But if we need another player I want Parker > Grant that's all.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,690

Post#147 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue May 4, 2021 9:30 am

Honestly, this is one of the rare occasions I've been psyched after a loss.

It's because I see the favorable evidence that came out of the game significant in both the cases of Nesmith (3 games is a much longer streak than 2) and Fournier (his current health issues can possibly be played through effectively).
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".

Return to Boston Celtics