ImageImageImage

NBA PLAYOFFS: RD 3 l Game 1 - (4) Los Angeles Clippers @ (2) Phoenix Suns l Sunday l 12:30 l ABC l series (0-0)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

NBA PLAYOFFS: RD 3 l Game 1 - (4) Los Angeles Clippers @ (2) Phoenix Suns l Sunday l 12:30 l ABC l series (0-0) 

Post#1 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:33 am

Who: Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns

When: Sunday, June 20th @ 12:30pm (3:30ET) ABC :noway:

Where: Phoenix Suns Arena, Phoenix, AZ

Los Angeles Clippers starting lineup:

C- Batum
F- Morris
F- Mann
G- George
G- Jackson

Reserves: Beverly/Zubac/Kennard/Rondo

Phoenix Suns starting lineup:

C- Ayton
F- Crowder
F- Bridges
G- Booker
G- CP3

Reserves: Payne/Cam/Craig/Saric

Good luck charm!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: RD 3 l Game 1 - (2) Phoenix Suns @ Clippers/Jazz l Date: TBD l Time: TBD l series (0-0) 

Post#3 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:57 pm

A whole week off before we play again. CP3 should be nearly 100% healthy and rejuvenated by that time.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: RD 3 l Game 1 - (2) Phoenix Suns @ Clippers/Jazz l Date: TBD l Time: TBD l series (0-0) 

Post#4 » by LukasBMW » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:24 pm

We've really lucked out so far. LA was missing AD for most of the series and Denver was missing Murray. That's easily the second best player for each team. Hell, maybe even THE best player for each team.

Utah/LAC will be tough.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,754

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:50 am

suns12345 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
DRK wrote:Gambo is throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks.

This is now a waiting game.

I have full trust in our "next man up" mentality that with or without CP3, our team will give 110% and contend for the win.

Starting Payne, with Carter off the bench. Will be a high tempo game.

There is no replacement for Paul, given his absurd percentages, clutch scoring, assists to turnovers, 4th qtr points.

But I do think Book and Payne need to play near 48 minutes. I don't really want to suddenly insert anyone else, but they can also slide Bridges down to the 2 and give Cam and Craig more minutes.

I really don't think we could beat a healthy conference finals team without Paul, but I do think we could beat the Clippers, at least in a game or two if Kawhi is out. Utah not if healthy or maybe not without Conley but if no Conley and Mitchell hurting yes...though Mitchell seems to be playing well outside of his recent worst game...can't remember if he was injured for the one before that though.

I like sliding Moore in as the starter. He's solid and can play 6 mins to start each half and maybe a few in the second and 4th qtr to give Payne some rest. Then just increase everyone else's minutes in the rotation.

Throw Carter in for some spots minutes to junk it up if needed.

Moore is solid, has a mid range game and can pass a bit (a poor man CP3 if you will - lol). I think thats key to keep the chemistry and rotations similar.

I like Moore but don't like the idea of playing him too much when he hasn't played in the playoffs.

I would play him over the other reserves but if anything at the end of the first and third...let Moore play a few minutes with Book to finish the 1st and 3rd and with Payne to start the 2nd and 4th.

If needed, since I think you can possibly play our guards close to 48 minutes..at least in game 1.

No need to rest Payne at the beginning of the game when he's fresh, but do so after he gets winded. Payne has so much more playoff time this year and chemistry with the team along with energy and is more of a pure PG, I think you have to start him.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,320

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: RD 3 l Game 1 - (4) Los Angeles Clippers @ (2) Phoenix Suns l Sunday l Time: TBD l series (0-0) 

Post#6 » by Slim Charless » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:22 am

I still say Jazz in 7. Conley is coming back on Friday- have no doubt about that. Utah wins the next 2 and LAC trade Paul George in the off-season.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: RD 3 l Game 1 - (4) Los Angeles Clippers @ (2) Phoenix Suns l Sunday l Time: TBD l series (0-0) 

Post#7 » by spanishninja » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:52 pm

I think more than the CP3 situation, is that hopefully Monty will be using last night's Jazz/Clipper game to plan against the Clippers. I have a feeling they will do some of the same things against us if we end up facing them. Big question is what will we do differently than the Jazz that would make us harder to defend.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:54 pm

Slim Charless wrote:I still say Jazz in 7. Conley is coming back on Friday- have no doubt about that. Utah wins the next 2 and LAC trade Paul George in the off-season.

What makes you think they trade George? He had a crazy good season and a monster game last night. He has had some ups and downs in the playoffs...and more downs than most but he also has some great games and carried them against a tough Utah team to a pivotal game 5 win last night.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,320

Post#9 » by Slim Charless » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:11 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:I still say Jazz in 7. Conley is coming back on Friday- have no doubt about that. Utah wins the next 2 and LAC trade Paul George in the off-season.

What makes you think they trade George? He had a crazy good season and a monster game last night. He has had some ups and downs in the playoffs...and more downs than most but he also has some great games and carried them against a tough Utah team to a pivotal game 5 win last night.

I'm basing this off Pandemic P returning for the remainder of the series. That, and it being obvious that the Clips need an actual inside presence to help out Kawhi.

I posted on the trade forum a deal of PG for Collins (signed and traded) Bogdanvic, Reddish and next years ATL 1st. That would give the Clips more balance and the hawks get something for Collins-who I think is leaving in FA this year regardless of what happens in the playoffs.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:21 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I'm basing this off Pandemic P returning for the remainder of the series. That, and it being obvious that the Clips need an actual inside presence to help out Kawhi.

I posted on the trade forum a deal of PG for Collins (signed and traded) Bogdanvic, Reddish and next years ATL 1st. That would give the Clips more balance and the hawks get something for Collins-who I think is leaving in FA this year regardless of what happens in the playoffs.

That's a good offer though Atlanta fans won't want it...they won't want to mess with their teams. There is no indication that the Clips will think of trading George though. He had bad playoffs last year and has had a couple bad games this year but has played at a very high level this year and just carried them. The only way they'd do it is if Kawhi requested it since he specifically requested for George to be traded for if he was going to sign there. I Imagine they are pretty close.
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#12 » by cberry78 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:48 am

Welp

"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
Adrao
Junior
And1: 195

Post#13 » by Adrao » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:56 am

Ayton is the key player of the series. Kill them in the paint DeAndre.
Azsports77
Pro Prospect
And1: 226

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: RD 3 l Game 1 - (4) Los Angeles Clippers @ (2) Phoenix Suns l Sunday l Time: 12:30 l series (0-0) 

Post#14 » by Azsports77 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:08 am

The Jazz shoot way more threes than the Suns Clippers aren’t beating th Suns lol!
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,268

Post#15 » by Bogyo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:10 am

Soooo... wassup with Claw?
# waiting for the next chapter
Keith_myath
Pro Prospect
And1: 589

Re: NBA PLAYOFFS: RD 3 l Game 1 - (4) Los Angeles Clippers @ (2) Phoenix Suns l Sunday l Time: 12:30 l series (0-0) 

Post#16 » by Keith_myath » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:10 am

CP3 to DA on the 'oop is going to be used a lot.

Quietly confident about this series. Doubt the Clips can shoot like that in 4x games.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#17 » by ATTL » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:13 am

Absolutely heart breaking for the jazz to lose like that to them without kawaii.

Hope we get good news about cp3 and kawaii
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,268

Post#18 » by Bogyo » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:20 am

Couple of things:
- we have to force them to play big(ger), feed Ayton like crazy, get Batum (Morris) into foul trouble, and get Zubac in. Also, if we get some of their starting guards into foul trouble instead of their bigs, that's a plus too, their bench guards are not as good 3pt shooters.
- stay home on the shooters - we got Ayton anchoring the paint, and we can't let them shoot like this for multiple games
- make our shots - no 0/7 from Crowder and 1/6 from CamJ or Book from 3
- if Paul is out get some time for Carter, he would D their guards up who shot 14/28 in this game, and can do it any time
- Monty needs to call the timeouts sooner than later, stop their runs and cool off shooters
- Bridges/Crowder/Craig should torture PG into a couple Pandemic P games
# waiting for the next chapter
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#20 » by RunDogGun » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:30 am

I don't want to feed Ayton, I want Ayton to feast on misses. He needs to crash the boards, and be super aggressive.

Return to Phoenix Suns