ImageImageImageImageImage

Caruso Leaves! Signs with Bulls

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Re: Caruso Leaves! Signs with Bulls 

Post#41 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:40 pm

There is a lesson. I'm gonna bet on myself. And that plan works to the tune of 37 Million. Whereas Schroeder did the same, he bet on himself, and lost 74 Mil.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,865

Post#42 » by Beethoven » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:04 pm

Yeah Schroder would have looooooved to sign a 37mil/3yr deal.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,745

Post#43 » by Ice Man » Fri Dec 3, 2021 2:58 pm

The Bulls have had Alex Caruso for 20+ games now, and I have to say, I never realized he was that good when he was on the Lakers. Partially because L.A. only played him 20 minutes per game, even though the Lakers' guards weren't all that. With Chicago, Caruso is getting 30 minutes per game, even though the Bulls start two good guards in LaVine and Lonzo. And he has fully earned that time.

Anyway, thanks. We love the guy. He is not only entertaining, which he certainly is, but he also wins basketball games.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,470

Post#44 » by Slava » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:02 pm

Ice Man wrote:The Bulls have had Alex Caruso for 20+ games now, and I have to say, I never realized he was that good when he was on the Lakers. Partially because L.A. only played him 20 minutes per game, even though the Lakers' guards weren't all that. With Chicago, Caruso is getting 30 minutes per game, even though the Bulls start two good guards in LaVine and Lonzo. And he has fully earned that time.

Anyway, thanks. We love the guy. He is not only entertaining, which he certainly is, but he also wins basketball games.

Yeah I heard he won a championship somewhere.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Post#45 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:57 pm

Ice Man wrote:The Bulls have had Alex Caruso for 20+ games now, and I have to say, I never realized he was that good when he was on the Lakers. Partially because L.A. only played him 20 minutes per game, even though the Lakers' guards weren't all that. With Chicago, Caruso is getting 30 minutes per game, even though the Bulls start two good guards in LaVine and Lonzo. And he has fully earned that time.

Yes, has excelled. Lebron and this team built this guy thru the D league, his passing is underrated, and his BBIQ you will find is very high. Which upset many round here, cause we invested the time in nurturing this player, and then Pelinka gave him up.
One thing we've known around here, is that its not all about the Stars. The role players have been key to our success. Horry. D fish. Rambis. Throughout many a title run. And our front office went in a different direction with this decision.
Anyhow, I am very happy to see Caruso success, I didn't recognize it at first, but I am glad to see him and the other "LA" boys do well in Chicago. The bulls this year, are a team outside of the my own, that ill turn on and watch.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,394

Post#46 » by zimpy27 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 6:59 pm

No point thanking the fans, they knew how good he was and would have never given him up. You can thank the incompetent FO though.

As a bulls fan you would know the feeling of having to deal with FO mistakes
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,745

Post#47 » by Ice Man » Fri Dec 3, 2021 9:53 pm

zimpy27 wrote:As a bulls fan you would know the feeling of having to deal with FO mistakes

Been there, done that. You're welcome to Gar Forman, thanks much.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,007

Post#48 » by dockingsched » Sat Dec 4, 2021 2:36 am

Im happy that Caruso has been able to work his magic on the Bulls fan base like he did here.

Still not over losing him and don’t think I will be any time soon. A hard working, smart, talented, fan favorite player lost cause the lakers didn’t want to pay him, just hard to accept even if you understand the financial implications.

They make you invest and attach yourself to a player only to stand there with their wallet closed as he walks away. Ugh.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,239

Post#49 » by Kilroy » Sat Dec 4, 2021 6:00 am

I like Caruso... I still think he got over-paid and I'm still of the opinion that due to his age, his best days may be already behind him, even though he hasn't been in the big show that long... I thought he looked a bit slower last year than the championship season...
If we would have kept him on the deal he supposedly was willing to take, I'd have been happy though...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,267

Post#50 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 7:52 am

Imagine if we kept Both Caruso and Lonzo ...

LeGM doesn't know squat about B-ball LMAO...

When is retirement?

Asking for a friend LOL
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#51 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 7:59 am

Kilroy wrote:I like Caruso... I still think he got over-paid and I'm still of the opinion that due to his age, his best days may be already behind him, even though he hasn't been in the big show that long... I thought he looked a bit slower last year than the championship season...
If we would have kept him on the deal he supposedly was willing to take, I'd have been happy though...

Lakers keep letting good decent role players go, in the hope to land big time players, and I understand all that. But the league is evolving quickly b4 Lakers can even keep up. I think they still stuck in t he 90's which I love. But they need start changing their ways, I really hope after Bron is gone they start making some changes and start making decent contract for these type of players. I'm not talking about over paying them, but damn look what Caruso been doing in Chicago and even with us, he damn well deserved the money over what THT is doing.

We should have traded THT for an allstar player when everyone was high on him and thought they could build a team around him, I remember reading that about him - now we'll probably end up getting scraps for him and he becoming the next Kuzma type of player for us.

If you have a chance to trade for "almost" anyone for a player like THT like they were saying b4 the season b4gun, you do it in a heart beat no matter the potential

Edt: They should take a look at build a team from the ground up, let the allstars and superstars come to us... Not build a team around a couple star players and has beens, this team to old and slow to keep up with rest of the NBA IF and only IF we make the playoffs I doubt we go anywhere

SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#52 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 8:04 am

Warrior OR Bucks will win the CHIP this year ... Maybe Chicago, but think it will be a western team

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,560

Post#53 » by stan francisco » Sat Dec 4, 2021 11:37 am

SlimShady83 wrote:Edt: They should take a look at build a team from the ground up, let the allstars and superstars come to us... Not build a team around a couple star players and has beens, this team to old and slow to keep up with rest of the NBA IF and only IF we make the playoffs I doubt we go anywhere

You mean like a team of young players like Lonzo, Caruso, Hart, Ingram, Kuzma, Randle?

I agree 100%. As long as that superstar doesn’t blow that young team up.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,647

Post#54 » by danfantastk32 » Sun Dec 5, 2021 8:14 am

I feel like there's a little "hey, let's pretend we didn't win a title a couple seasons ago" around here.

If we still had Randle, Russell,, Ingram, Ball, Hart, Kuzma, Caruso (Like $135 mil in cap btw) I doubt this team has a playoff series win.

The "build from the ground up" strategy requires the craziest of luck. If you don't somehow draft multiple ELITE players, the whole thing is a waste. There's like 2-3 teams that have done it with any real success. GS, Spurs, and prob the Bulls (Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc...and several others were draft picks...so I'll say that counts). Even with the Bulls, your starting to get into a different era....where player salaries and mobility was not at all like today. Anything before that is an ancient time...and comparing apple to oranges with the modern NBA.

Some teams get incredibly lucky from time to time, and get like several home-run drafts. But anyone care to take a look at the players we've traded away again? Randle, D'-Russell, Ingram, Ball.

Anyone see a Duncan? Jordan? Curry? Hell no. And even those guys needed a 2nd (and third) home-run draft pick.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers