ImageImageImageImageImage

A possible lineup sometime this season

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,710

Post#1 » by Vampirate » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:47 am

Barnes
Siakam
OG
Banton
GTJ/Precious

Good lord that's a tall lengthy lineup.

Masai's long term plan "you know what, were going to just shoot over people"
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,451

Post#2 » by Morse Code » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:36 am

Barnes/Banton
Siakam/Mykhailuk
Anunoby/Watanabe/Bonga
Boucher/Siakam/Dekker
Achiuwa/Birch

This is a group of guys I think would represent a commitment to the positionless style everyone sees us moving towards. That’s not peak, but it’s easy to see a direction we’re going and I’d like to see what a full commitment to that style would look like if we struggle this year. Add/shuffle anything else and it’s intriguing to think what kind of team we might be able to assemble. Imagine if we create the next meta.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
alevirfe
Starter
And1: 1,683

Re: A possible lineup sometime this season 

Post#3 » by alevirfe » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:40 am

man we really have the best "elite role player"/borderline star team. I don't mean to talk our players down, but just imagine adding another Kawhi/elite shot creator type player to this core and how easily they would slot in with this lineup

all defensive minded, team first type players with elite qualities and upside (OG & Barnes). our bench even has attractive pieces that could improve like Pascal did

any smart elite player should look at the Raps and see this is our 2018 team allover again (pre-Kawhi), and joining would make them clear-cut #1 with the ball and complimentary pieces all around them

if I'm say... Beal, I go to the Raps and take the "Kawhi" role again
mintsa wrote: Yeah….the “new car smell” is starting to wear off with Scottie.

bongmarley wrote:I thought he was supposed to be an elite defender. He is horrible. On the perimeter he gets blown by everytime Its really bad
Young Moosehead
Veteran
And1: 4,025

Post#4 » by Young Moosehead » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:14 am

alevirfe wrote:man we really have the best "elite role player"/borderline star team. I don't mean to talk our players down, but just imagine adding another Kawhi/elite shot creator type player to this core and how easily they would slot in with this lineup

all defensive minded, team first type players with elite qualities and upside (OG & Barnes). our bench even has attractive pieces that could improve like Pascal did

any smart elite player should look at the Raps and see this is our 2018 team allover again (pre-Kawhi), and joining would make them clear-cut #1 with the ball and complimentary pieces all around them

if I'm say... Beal, I go to the Raps and take the "Kawhi" role again

I have been thinking this for the last couple of days. Any top 15 offensive player, regardless of position could be added to the roster, fit just fine and make us a HCA team this playoffs. Now since our vets aren't as numerous or high quality as the 2019 team, we would probably need a year to implement all the defense schemes and iron out the offensive roles. Take that year to find someone to fill the Gasol role and then its Dinosaur Championship time.
“It’s like being the ugly step child… I’m 6’9 in my heart.” - FVV
bbalnation
Sixth Man
And1: 954

Post#5 » by bbalnation » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:29 pm

Yuta is the interesting piece nobody is talking about to me. I think he's gonna be the 5th or 6th rotation player for Nurse. He already has a year under his belt and an understanding of that pretty complicated defensive system.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,163

Post#6 » by PoundTown » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:35 pm

bbalnation wrote:Yuta is the interesting piece nobody is talking about to me. I think he's gonna be the 5th or 6th rotation player for Nurse. He already has a year under his belt and an understanding of that pretty complicated defensive system.

I think he will take Svi's minutes. Replaces that shooting, and I think he will be a bit more aggressive attacking close outs and driving and kicking and what not. Very good defender, solid rebounder, always moving. The energy off the bench with GTjr/ Scottie, Banton, Yuta and Bouch could be pretty hard for most teams to match.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,761

Post#7 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:22 pm

You will see the all 6'8/6'9 lineup at some point, possibly as soon as next week.

Return to Toronto Raptors