G7 : Warriors v Hornets

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,281

Re: G7 : Warriors v Hornets 

Post#401 » by xdrta+ » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:05 pm

svart wrote:
Senchu wrote:Can we do some petition stuff to replace Fitz with Renee?
Reasoning: How come Bay Area be so progressive but have 2 males commentating the game :D

I would replace fizz with a deaf kangaroo, i really hate that condescendent prick.

That's a little strong, but I admit that I do turn off the sound and turn on closed captions, which I can glance at for someone's name, or foul call, etc. Kelenna isn't so bad, though, IMO.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#402 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:11 pm

NeoWarriors wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
FNQ wrote:I liked that one woman who did some SL games because she went over the top.. I forget who it was, but she was great calling out Kuminga and Payton dunks

think it was the new Kings color commentator, Kayte Whatshername
It was Renee Montgomery.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app

oh, I was thinking from the california classic games
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#403 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:12 pm

510TWSS wrote:Doug Christie I noticed is a huge homer on the kings broadcast I’ve watched a handful of their games this year.

Tbf it’s the nba announcing equivalent of putting lipstick on a pig but that’s besides the point

he got replaced by kayte christenson, he's a Kings assistant coach now

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#404 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:14 pm

OT: what's up with realgm all of a sudden? my virus protection pops up every 20 seconds now. Happens on no other sites I go to

a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,677

Post#405 » by a8bil » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:25 pm

On another OT: Did Kerr/GSW get Drew Shiller fired from the gig with Grant Liffman for that comment on KD last year? Seems pretty harsh if that's the case...no doubt a mistake by Shiller, but taking away a person's livelihood is pretty drastic, IMO.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#406 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:38 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:OT: what's up with realgm all of a sudden? my virus protection pops up every 20 seconds now. Happens on no other sites I go to

ad-blocker is a must on this site these days
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#407 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:40 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
510TWSS wrote:Doug Christie I noticed is a huge homer on the kings broadcast I’ve watched a handful of their games this year.

Tbf it’s the nba announcing equivalent of putting lipstick on a pig but that’s besides the point

he got replaced by kayte christenson, he's a Kings assistant coach now

thats so nice that his wife let him do that
she's insane btw.. was told that female trainers and techs were not allowed to work with him. Maybe its one of those 'telephone' situations but everyone in the industry in CA heard of it
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,579

Post#408 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:58 pm

svart wrote:
FNQ wrote:I liked that one woman who did some SL games because she went over the top.. I forget who it was, but she was great calling out Kuminga and Payton dunks

Here you go, Renee Montgomery for you, my good man.

Now that's a good example. If I'm coming off my couch, not only is it okay for an announcer to yell and get excited, but I'd pretty much expect them to. But if they're doing that 20 times a game... they need to calm down a little.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#409 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 5, 2021 6:26 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
svart wrote:

Now that's a good example. If I'm coming off my couch, not only is it okay for an announcer to yell and get excited, but I'd pretty much expect them to. But if they're doing that 20 times a game... they need to calm down a little.

lol i know what you mean. Buke seems to be finding his legs a little bit.. one thing I noticed, he became SUPER awkward in the booth when Lacob was up there with them in the preseason. So I think he's just trying to find a way to stand out, because the great ones usually do
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,224

Post#410 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Nov 5, 2021 7:35 pm

Senchu wrote:I've been watching Warriors games on league pass this year with Away commentary and so far it has been great. OKC, Hornets, Kings commentators all have been great. Lack of Barnett is really killing my tolerance of Fitz.

Also, did you guys notice when Poole got hot early, Steph did the "Klay got hot, let's feed him" impersonation with Poole. I thought that was a nice wrinkle to their synergy issues.

100% agree on Barnett. I truly miss Jim. I need to tune into 95.7 next game and try to roughly sync them up. Jim really is my favorite "color" announcer of all time.

Also hats off to GP2, you cannot help but root for this guy. I'm really glad we picked him instead of Bradley.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,177

Post#411 » by watch1958 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 7:46 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
svart wrote:

I love the “uh-oh”, as Kuminga was just starting the move. She knew.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#412 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Nov 5, 2021 8:50 pm

FNQ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:OT: what's up with realgm all of a sudden? my virus protection pops up every 20 seconds now. Happens on no other sites I go to

ad-blocker is a must on this site these days

mine's on, it's not helping

Return to Golden State Warriors