ImageImageImageImageImage

Which starter would you trade for Myles Turner?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Select any and all starters you would trade (one for one) for Myles turner

Pascal
23%
Fred
11%
OG
3%
Gary
15%
Scottie
1%
Precious
32%
None of the Above
15%

Total votes: 260

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,153

Re: Which starter would you trade for Myles Turner? 

Post#21 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:39 pm

OhCanada1091 wrote:I feel like Turner is the only Center in the league worth going all in on for Toronto. He would put everything into balance here. Really fits what Nurse is trying to do perfectly, I think he's a better passer than he gets credit for as well.

I don't think Siakam gets you Turner though. Why would it? Myles Turner is one of the best defenders in the NBA. Siakam is not one of the best two way players in the NBA, theres clearly a level above him. He's also two years younger.

Siakam is an excellent two way player but if he's your teams best player your going to struggle. Pascal has to realize this, sooner or later Raptors will be Scotties team and Siakam can either set into his role as a 2nd or 3rd option here with Toronto or...well he'll do it somewhere else.

You’re not suggesting Turner is better than Siakam are you?
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#22 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:40 pm

I would do OG for Turner + Duarte + First Round Pick

Pacers fans have been salivating over the thought of trading Turner for OG but of course the Pacers would have to add.
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,249

Post#23 » by HumbleRen » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:52 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
OhCanada1091 wrote:I feel like Turner is the only Center in the league worth going all in on for Toronto. He would put everything into balance here. Really fits what Nurse is trying to do perfectly, I think he's a better passer than he gets credit for as well.

I don't think Siakam gets you Turner though. Why would it? Myles Turner is one of the best defenders in the NBA. Siakam is not one of the best two way players in the NBA, theres clearly a level above him. He's also two years younger.

Siakam is an excellent two way player but if he's your teams best player your going to struggle. Pascal has to realize this, sooner or later Raptors will be Scotties team and Siakam can either set into his role as a 2nd or 3rd option here with Toronto or...well he'll do it somewhere else.

You’re not suggesting Turner is better than Siakam are you?

Simply a better fit then Siakam, not a better player. What Siakam does is easily replaceable on this roster in the short and long term.

OG is one of the best 2 way players in the league who's a sniper from the 3. Scottie is a swiss army knife who will be able to do what Siakam does in a year or 2.

That just leaves Pascal outside looking in, he's not particularly elite at anything with no real room for another decent leap in his game. He is what he is, and that's a damn good player but just not the right fit for a developing roster with glaring weaknesses and overlaps at what he does.

Of course, this is all a moot point, Pacers wouldn't do this trade to acquire a max player who barely moves the needle for them.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,262

Post#24 » by pingpongrac » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:59 pm

The only thing Turner does better than Siakam is defend the paint and he's pretty overrated when it comes to that. He's not some defensive stopper. He just gets a lot of blocks. Siakam is the better scorer and playmaker (by a SIGNIFICANT margin) and they are comparable rebounders.

This board has an unhealthy obsession with overrating role players on other teams because they have a good game against us while crapping all over our best players if they aren't scoring 30 points with lockdown defence every night.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,202

Post#25 » by Tofubeque » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:10 pm

Yeah this dude surrounded by talent on a 9-12 team is definitely the answer to our problems as a 9-11 team
props Turbozone
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,847

Post#26 » by ConSarnit » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:11 pm

will wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:People voting Siakam are absolutely cringeworthy. It is like people do not realize Turner is also not a good rebounder, not a better shooter, cannot create his own shot, is not a playmaker, and not a better defender even though he blocks shots.

You would trade Precious in an alternate reality that the salary cap did not exist.

People just going off of fantasy basketball stats.

You guys just don’t get it.

Post defense:

Turner: 0.98ppp

Raptors: 1.00ppp

We must stop the onslaught of post ups!
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,003

Post#27 » by Los_29 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:28 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:I would do OG for Turner + Duarte + First Round Pick

Pacers fans have been salivating over the thought of trading Turner for OG but of course the Pacers would have to add.

Deals like these are the reasons why some teams can never make it out of the lottery. That's an atrocious deal for us and it's not just me overrating OG. It's just the fact that Turner just isn't that good, Duarte has little upside and that pick we'd be getting back would likely be in that 10-16 range.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,854

Post#28 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:19 pm

Siakam, maybe Precious. That's about it. Idea is to free up space for Barnes to play the 4, so preferably move Siakam.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,851

Post#29 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:40 pm

It would have to be one of Pascal, OG, or Fred. Do we become better after that trade? My money is on no, we don't.

It's not like Turner is a prospect who's likely to get better either. He's 25.

I wouldn't oppose trading for him, especially if it means getting Barnes more touches, but I'm not sure it's the right move
Hansari
Rookie
And1: 1,157

Post#30 » by Hansari » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:54 pm

OG for Myles Turner + Duarte, Duarte becomes your defacto 6th man, GTJ can remain in starting lineup. Won’t be a very popular opinion, but I think OG and Scottie long-term will be less compatible than Siakam/Scottie.
srhcan
Veteran
And1: 1,762

Post#31 » by srhcan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:03 pm

Any one of OG / Siakam for Turner + filler OR even Dragic + Barnes for Turner + filler
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,157

Post#32 » by alienchild » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:15 pm

srhcan wrote:Any one of OG / Siakam for Turner + filler OR even Dragic + Barnes for Turner + filler

Welcome to the ignore list :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,066

Post#33 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:20 pm

The people who added OG or Barnes should be bannned imo
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,066

Post#34 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:22 pm

Turner is nice but no way I trade OG or barnes for him lol he can't even rebound. Not a great passer. average offensive player at best.

Protects the rim in the league that shoots 3s, w one year left.... yall nuts
srhcan
Veteran

Post#35 » by srhcan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:56 pm

alienchild wrote:
srhcan wrote:Any one of OG / Siakam for Turner + filler OR even Dragic + Barnes for Turner + filler

why?
* If OG is gone then Fred(PG) + GTJ(SG) + Barnes(SF) + Siakam(PF) + Turner(C) is the lineup.
* If Siakam is gone then Fred(PG) + GTJ(SG) + OG(SF) + Barnes(PF) + Turner(C) is the lineup.
* If Barnes is gone then Fred(PG) + GTJ(SG) + OG(SF) + Siakam(PF) + Turner(C) is the lineup.

The above 3 lineups are better than any combination Toronto is currently using. Siakam is not a Centre.
srhcan
Veteran

Post#36 » by srhcan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:58 pm

If Barnes was a good shooter then I would trade Fred for Turner. Then the lineup will be much better and unselfish:
Barnes(PG) + GTJ(SG) + OG(SF) + Siakam(PF) + Turner(C)
BHF
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#37 » by BHF » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:02 pm

I would trade anyone not named Scottie or OG, but not for Turner this guy has one good game and 5 bad games he is also a terrible rebounder.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#38 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:03 pm

srhcan wrote:
alienchild wrote:

why?
* If OG is gone then Fred(PG) + GTJ(SG) + Barnes(SF) + Siakam(PF) + Turner(C) is the lineup.
* If Siakam is gone then Fred(PG) + GTJ(SG) + OG(SF) + Barnes(PF) + Turner(C) is the lineup.
* If Barnes is gone then Fred(PG) + GTJ(SG) + OG(SF) + Siakam(PF) + Turner(C) is the lineup.

The above 3 lineups are better than any combination Toronto is currently using. Siakam is not a Centre.

You're highly overrating Turner.
Suggesting Barnes for Turner is a bannable offense.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,472

Post#39 » by KrazyP » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:05 pm

In time, Precious Achiwua will probably deliver a lot of what Myles Turner does + rebounding.

Turner could make some sense if you can land him for spare parts.....i.e. some combo of say Boucher, Birch, Flynn, Watanabe,etc.

Turner for Siakam or OG would be completely idiotic.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,605

Post#40 » by Brinbe » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:29 pm

precious/gary, i guess? the point of adding turner would be to add to our core of pascal/fred/og/scottie.

scottie
fred
og
pascal
myles

is that a chip caliber starting five? not really. but it could be an interesting team if it had a strong bench behind it. that's currently our problem. bench is a mess and a big reason why nick is pulling his thibs routine.

Return to Toronto Raptors