ice trae- stop sleeping

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,666

Re: ice trae- stop sleeping 

Post#121 » by kg01 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:14 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:Its great watching Hawks and Doncic fans argue who is 2nd best after Ayton.

:lol:

I love this.
king01 :king:
kg01
General Manager

Post#122 » by kg01 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:15 pm

Johnny Firpo wrote:
marco102 wrote:More Trae Young propaganda.

No one thinks there is a Trae Young propaganda, everyone think he is excellent. Funnily enough, Hawks fans do feel like there is a Luka propaganda though, because you are all way too emotionally invested in this, and cannot bear the thought that any expert or fan would think Luka is better. Hawks fans hate Luka, Mavs fans do not hate Trae.

Pretty sure my guy was using 'propaganda' facetiously, my guy.

How many cool points do I get for use of 'my guy' in a sentence though? That's the real story here. :)
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,784

Post#123 » by Harry Garris » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:16 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:Dude didn't even make the allstar team last year so it seems the whole NBA world does not like Trae.

As for me, I love the guy and think he's an elite talent. Don't be shocked when he enters the top 5 in the NBA in a few years.

He didn't make the all star team last year because his stats took a big dip from the prior season and he was a pretty inefficient scorer last year. Also the 5 eastern conference guards who made the all star team last year were all having better seasons than Trae Young was having.

Look sometimes we see some screwy things with fan voting in the all star game but 99% of the time if a guy doesn't make the all star team it's not some conspiracy where coaches personally dislike him and refused to vote for him, it's probably because other guys are having a better season.
kg01
General Manager

Post#124 » by kg01 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:23 pm

Harry Garris wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Dude didn't even make the allstar team last year so it seems the whole NBA world does not like Trae.

As for me, I love the guy and think he's an elite talent. Don't be shocked when he enters the top 5 in the NBA in a few years.

He didn't make the all star team last year because his stats took a big dip from the prior season and he was a pretty inefficient scorer last year. Also the 5 eastern conference guards who made the all star team last year were all having better seasons than Trae Young was having.

Look sometimes we see some screwy things with fan voting in the all star game but 99% of the time if a guy doesn't make the all star team it's not some conspiracy where coaches personally dislike him and refused to vote for him, it's probably because other guys are having a better season.

I generally agree with what you're saying. But the funny thing is there was some intel that our former coach advised others not to vote for him.

Also advised TeamUSA not to include him. I think Pierce confirmed the second bit about a year ago saying stte that being included wouldn't be good for him.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,784

Post#125 » by Harry Garris » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:31 pm

kg01 wrote:
Harry Garris wrote:

I generally agree with what you're saying. But the funny thing is there was some intel that our former coach advised others not to vote for him.

Also advised TeamUSA not to include him. I think Pierce confirmed the second bit about a year ago saying stte that being included wouldn't be good for him.

Yeah I don't know what the heck went on between Lloyd Pierce and Trae, I have also heard that they despise each other.
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,277

Post#126 » by Sothron » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:38 pm

Harry Garris wrote:

Trae was a top ten scorer last season and second in the league in assists per game. He also led his team to the playoffs and was two wins away from the Finals before a freak injury with a ref ended his season. He absolutely should have made the ASG last season. It was the biggest snub in NBA history. And one of those reasons was his own worthless head coach asked other EC coaches not to vote for him to "teach him a lesson". He was backstabbed by his own coach who also told the US Olympic team not to take Trae.
kg01
General Manager

Post#127 » by kg01 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:43 pm

Harry Garris wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Harry Garris wrote:

Yeah I don't know what the heck went on between Lloyd Pierce and Trae, I have also heard that they despise each other.

Yeah imagine being Pierce, who landed an NBATv gig after the firing, and having to break down how good the Hawks were playing now that they have a new coach. Talk about .. wait for it ... hawkward. 8-) (shout out RedD for that one)

On a serious note, the asg/teamUSA stuff would sound like typical fan-conspiracy but in this case it's been pretty well confirmed to have happened.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,010

Post#128 » by jayu70 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 4:55 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:Its great watching Hawks and Doncic fans argue who is 2nd best after Ayton.

:lol: :lol: Awesome!
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,193

Post#129 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Dec 3, 2021 6:17 pm

Hawks fans are awesome.

They actually caught the joke about Hawks fans vs Doncic fans.

I thought it would be a little to subtle to notice.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,692

Post#130 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Dec 3, 2021 11:17 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#131 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Dec 7, 2021 4:23 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#132 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:01 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#133 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:15 am

Read on Twitter
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,950

Post#134 » by Rainwater » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:28 am

Happy to see that Trae has been more consistent
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,277

Post#135 » by Sothron » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:07 am

Trae is not just playing at All NBA level this season he is playing at a MVP level.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,472

Post#136 » by CobraCommander » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:39 pm

Sothron wrote:Trae is not just playing at All NBA level this season he is playing at a MVP level.

Thinkingggggg
Not quite MVP

but He is definitely the 5th all nba first time guy right now...
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,371

Post#137 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:57 pm

I'm sure he'd be getting more acclaim if his team was in the playoffs.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
kg01
General Manager

Post#138 » by kg01 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:35 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:I'm sure he'd be getting more acclaim if his team was in the playoffs.

Season's over?
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,194

Post#139 » by Optms » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:52 pm

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Ice Trae seems like an awful nickname to me

Is that a legit name people are trying to stick him with?

I like it

Too much like ice cold. That's what I think of anyway.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,371

Post#140 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:12 pm

kg01 wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:I'm sure he'd be getting more acclaim if his team was in the playoffs.

Season's over?

My comment is explaining why people are currently sleeping on him.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)

Return to The General Board