Siakam to the Kings

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,474

Re: Siakam to the Kings 

Post#21 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Dec 6, 2021 4:25 am

BoogieTime wrote:I think some Raptors fans are overconfident in Siakam's value

Harrison Barnes, though two years older, has had the better year, makes half of Siakam and what are we expecting in a deal for him? Siakam's efficiency and range have been down the drain for a couple years

I think the value is right, though I still want to get rid of the vets and build through the draft

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

His first few games were on restriction and coming off shoulder injury.. still too early to judge which way the rest of his season goes but so far so good.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#22 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Dec 6, 2021 3:30 pm

I'm going to start off saying this if and I mean if Toronto was really interested in moving on from Pascal Siakam they wouldn't trade him for a shooting guard such as Buddy Hield. Buddy Hield is a negative contract at best, like others have said I don't see the value of him being on the roster especially since they have a younger version in Gary Trent Jr getting paid roughly the same amount. Trent is the far superior defender and just as good of a shooter. The first round pick they get this year does not offset that.

If the Raptors are moving on from Pascal siakam they would need somebody to play the centre position. Somebody like the Domantas Sabonis for example.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
dkb965
Junior
And1: 299

Post#23 » by dkb965 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 3:53 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:I'm going to start off saying this if and I mean if Toronto was really interested in moving on from Pascal Siakam they wouldn't trade him for a shooting guard such as Buddy Hield. Buddy Hield is a negative contract at best, like others have said I don't see the value of him being on the roster especially since they have a younger version in Gary Trent Jr getting paid roughly the same amount. Trent is the far superior defender and just as good of a shooter. The first round pick they get this year does not offset that.

If the Raptors are moving on from Pascal siakam they would need somebody to play the centre position. Somebody like the Domantas Sabonis for example.

Sabonis has much more value then Siakam based on his salary alone. Siakam will earn 36M and 38M over the next two season, while Sabonis will earn 19M over each of the next two season. Siakam is a fine player, but grossly overpaid, which lowers his trade value obviously.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#24 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Dec 6, 2021 5:18 pm

dkb965 wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:I'm going to start off saying this if and I mean if Toronto was really interested in moving on from Pascal Siakam they wouldn't trade him for a shooting guard such as Buddy Hield. Buddy Hield is a negative contract at best, like others have said I don't see the value of him being on the roster especially since they have a younger version in Gary Trent Jr getting paid roughly the same amount. Trent is the far superior defender and just as good of a shooter. The first round pick they get this year does not offset that.

Sabonis has much more value then Siakam based on his salary alone. Siakam will earn 36M and 38M over the next two season, while Sabonis will earn 19M over each of the next two season. Siakam is a fine player, but grossly overpaid, which lowers his trade value obviously.

Hes playing closer to his 2019-2020 level now so i disagree that he is grossly overpaid
pillwenney
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,522

Post#25 » by pillwenney » Mon Dec 6, 2021 5:31 pm

I've always thought Siakam for Sabonis made a ton of sense for both teams. Toronto needs to balance out the value, which is difficult with the salary differences, but if that can be done, Sabonis can be protected defensively with Toronto's stable of rangey defenders while giving them a strong offensive fulcrum, and Siakam-Turner makes for a potentially devastating defensive frontcourt for Indiana that should work offensively.
dkb965
Junior

Post#26 » by dkb965 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 5:36 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
dkb965 wrote:

Hes playing closer to his 2019-2020 level now so i disagree that he is grossly overpaid

I think you will be hard pressed to find many people who don't believe that Siakam is grossly overpaid. I feel as though that is why many people are frustrated with him. He is a fine player who can give a team 20/7/4, but his three point shooting is not consistent by any means and his defensive effort has regressed. Sabonis for example is a similar player in terms of impact and makes almost half as much as Siakam.
dkb965
Junior

Post#27 » by dkb965 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 5:42 pm

pillwenney wrote:I've always thought Siakam for Sabonis made a ton of sense for both teams. Toronto needs to balance out the value, which is difficult with the salary differences, but if that can be done, Sabonis can be protected defensively with Toronto's stable of rangey defenders while giving them a strong offensive fulcrum, and Siakam-Turner makes for a potentially devastating defensive frontcourt for Indiana that should work offensively.

I agree that a trade centered around Siakam for Sabonois would make sense for both teams. Sabonis/Lamb for Siakam works money wise. The Raptors would need to add more I believe to complete a trade. They could include Flynn and a future lottery protected 1st round pick.

Sabonis/Barnes/Anunoby/Trent JR/VanVleet

Turner/Siakam/Warren/LeVert/Brogdon
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#28 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Dec 6, 2021 5:43 pm

dkb965 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
dkb965 wrote:

I think you will be hard pressed to find many people who don't believe that Siakam is grossly overpaid. I feel as though that is why many people are frustrated with him. He is a fine player who can give a team 20/7/4, but his three point shooting is not consistent by any means and his defensive effort has regressed. Sabonis for example is a similar player in terms of impact and makes almost half as much as Siakam.

Sabonis is being underpaid, no arguments there. Siakams' 2019-2020 year would warrant a max contract. His defense should get better the more time playing with the team. I think you are too hasty in judging him
dkb965
Junior

Post#29 » by dkb965 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 5:57 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
dkb965 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Sabonis is being underpaid, no arguments there. Siakams' 2019-2020 year would warrant a max contract. His defense should get better the more time playing with the team. I think you are too hasty in judging him

Like I said he is a fine player, but he plays the same position as Barnes whom the Raptors just drafted 4th overall. A Sabonis/Siakam centered deal would be a good fit for both teams like a poster has previously mentioned. I believe Sabonis is listed as a PF, but he is more suitable to play center then Siakam is. The Raptors would need to add more to the deal, but I would swap Siakam for Sabonis in a heartbeat.

Return to Trades and Transactions