Enes Kanter to Jeremy Lin: You’ve betrayed the Chinese people, sold out to “dirty Chinese communist party”

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

muzzhawk
Freshman
And1: 106

Re: Enes Kanter to Jeremy Lin: You’ve betrayed the Chinese people, sold out to “dirty Chinese communist party” 

Post#61 » by muzzhawk » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:51 am

Bankai wrote:Did anyone actually explain what Jeremy Lin actually did? Was it because he played in the CBA? So what?!

And his people and country? I thought Jeremy Lin and his Family were American....

I think it's just that he's playing for Beijing and he's of Taiwanese heritage, and given China's attitudes towards Taiwan Kanter presumably believes it's a betrayal on Lin's behalf towards Taiwanese people.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,203

Re: Enes Kanter to Jeremy Lin: You’ve betrayed the Chinese people, sold out to “dirty Chinese communist party” 

Post#62 » by Mickey8 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:52 am

MrBigShot wrote:After Enes went on Tucker Carlson and called it the best day of his life I have a hard time taking it seriously when he criticizes anybody.

Not much difference being with Anderson Cooper on CNN, on MSNBC or any other mainstream network, they are all bad.
payton2kemp
Starter
And1: 4,265

Post#63 » by payton2kemp » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:52 am

Mickey8 wrote:I hope somebody checks him really hard on the court, what a annoying creature :-?

Wang Zhizhi about to make a comeback and lay the hammer down!
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,275

Post#64 » by azcatz11 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:54 am

Mickey8 wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:After Enes went on Tucker Carlson and called it the best day of his life I have a hard time taking it seriously when he criticizes anybody.

Not much difference being with Anderson Cooper on CNN, on MSNBC or any other mainstream network, they are all bad.

Yep or Chris Cuomo. We all know how it worked out for him lol
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,573

Post#65 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:54 am

Sad that "enes kanter was largely a negative impact player during his career" isn't even close to the worst thing about him now.
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#66 » by Mickey8 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:55 am

og15 wrote:
OKCfanSinceSGA wrote:
therealozzykhan wrote:This guy is an idiot officially. Speak your mind and say what you believe, stop telling others what they should be saying. Clown Kanter.

Plus like J Lin can actually stop China from taking over Taiwan lol. When will Kanter talk about Saudi Arabia rights for women and the LBGT community? You get executed for being gay, Kanter speak up you dummy.

I do agree Kanter is kinda cherry picking (no better than LeBron in this regard). In many of the Muslim countries including Turkey, you still get executed for being gay as you mentioned, in addition to women being sub-human.

I think we could criticize Kanter this way if he was getting money from Saudi or any of those countries. If one is going to counter criticize him, it should be in accordance with his criticisms. Kanter seems to be calling people out if they are getting paid by China or making money directly via China in some way. I don't really agree with his methods as it lacks tactfulness and nuance, but as far as I know, Kanter isn't getting money or profiting directly due to any of those countries/regimes.

Does it really matter, he;s getting paid by the rich billionaires who are rich because of other people earns them loads of money by being underpaid, there is injustice everywhere including USA, wake up already.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,090

Post#67 » by whatisacenter » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:56 am

Mickey8 wrote:

nope. Tucker is a total POS. there is a differnence between being a biased news network and fomenting hatred.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#68 » by Mickey8 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:56 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:

And Cooper is known as being somebody who used to work for CIA , CNN is the Pentagon's mouthpiece.
ceiling raiser
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,728

Post#69 » by ceiling raiser » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:58 am

Mickey8 wrote:

To be fair this is a strawman, no? I don’t think anybody here is defending CNN or MSNBC. Anybody in the media trying to get us into another war is abhorrent, need it be Hannity or Tapper.
Now that's the difference between first and last place.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,275

Post#70 » by azcatz11 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 1:59 am

Mickey8 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:Not much difference being with Anderson Cooper on CNN, on MSNBC or any other mainstream network, they are all bad.

And Cooper is known as being somebody who used to work for CIA , CNN is the Pentagon's mouthpiece.

Trust me, I’ve read everything. I know all about it
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#71 » by Mickey8 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:01 am

Winsome Gerbil wrote:
therealozzykhan wrote:This guy is an idiot officially. Speak your mind and say what you believe, stop telling others what they should be saying. Clown Kanter.

Plus like J Lin can actually stop China from taking over Taiwan lol. When will Kanter talk about Saudi Arabia rights for women and the LBGT community? You get executed for being gay, Kanter speak up you dummy.

Er...Enes is not Saudi.
Actually I'm not sure what he is now since I think King Erdogan officially exiled him for being a pain in his behind.

He's a Sunni Muslim , even though Turkey have history of the conflicts with Saudi Arabia they share the same religion and of course he wont call them against the genocide of Shia Muslims in Yemen , because they are enemy .
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,194

Post#72 » by donnieme » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:04 am

Only Enes dummy Kanter could find a way to be hated for speaking out against China. What an incredibly pretentious way to push a good cause. I can no longer tell if he's pushing the cause or just celebrating his stance.
Mephariel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,675

Post#73 » by Mephariel » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:06 am

Exactly. When will he start calling out Muslim countries? And playing for China is betraying his people? There are many companies in Taiwan that do business in China. So anybody in Taiwan working in those companies are betraying their people too? Kanter is just a joke.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,509

Post#74 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:08 am

This guy is mental and is doing this for clout at this point
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,584

Post#75 » by DaPessimist » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:09 am

This guy going the full-on Kaepernick post-career social justice warrior route. I expect to see a documentary in the near future. :lol:
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,539

Post#76 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:10 am

OKCfanSinceSGA wrote:

I don’t think that’s the issue. I think it’s more that his criticism is narrow, and if you are against racism or anything else, it should apply to all people. All situations. Him being conservative or liking Tucker isn’t the issue.

You can't make standing up to authoritarianism your brand, and then go on a TV show that celebrates authoritarians.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,521

Post#77 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:11 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Mickey8 wrote:

nope. Tucker is a total POS. there is a differnence between being a biased news network and fomenting hatred.

Yeah Tucker is probably the worst person on TV right now and that’s saying a lot. No equivalence. And Enes letting himself get used by Tucker says a lot about him.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#78 » by Flash4thewin » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:14 am

DaPessimist wrote:This guy going the full-on Kaepernick post-career social justice warrior route. I expect to see a documentary in the near future. :lol:

I feel like Kanter and Irving need to do some show together, like a road trip to inform people about the "Truth" :lol:
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#79 » by LivingLegend » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:15 am

I think a famous musician once said "Strap him with a AK-47 and let him go. Fight his own war, let him impress daddy that way"
Mickey8
Head Coach

Post#80 » by Mickey8 » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:15 am

Anderson Cooper,Don Lemon,Rachel Maddow etc. are bad as Tucker Carlson, Tucker used to work for CNN, he learned his trade there. CNN to me is the lowest of the low , MSNBC is the copy of them but CNN is just pure trash all around.

Return to The General Board