ImageImageImage

Game 29: Charlotte Hornets (16-15) @ Phoenix Suns (23-5) l Sunday l 6:00pm l BSAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,796

Re: Game 29: Charlotte Hornets (16-15) @ Phoenix Suns (23-5) l Sunday l 6:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#21 » by darealjuice » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:33 am

This team is very good. Elfrid Payton is just terrible though.
TheLoon
Sophomore
And1: 107

Re: Game 29: Charlotte Hornets (16-15) @ Phoenix Suns (23-5) l Sunday l 6:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#22 » by TheLoon » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:45 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:This board is officially dead. I'd rather see us suck but have 25+ pages of people b*chin and moaning over not even one page of action.

It's Sunday dude...everyone drank too much during football...Lakers on Tuesday
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,303

Post#23 » by Slim Charless » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:57 am

darealjuice wrote:This team is very good. Elfrid Payton is just terrible though.

He somehow managed to have 6 TOs and 0 points. Why haven't they cut him yet?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,143

Post#24 » by sunsbg » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:10 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:This board is officially dead. I'd rather see us suck but have 25+ pages of people b*chin and moaning over not even one page of action.

Not that surprising being that some here post times more on a loss than on a win and generally some prefer discussing hypothetical trades rather than actual wins, but it was odd to see a single page indeed. It appears to be a boring game from competition POV (watched 1st qtr so far), but I still can see 10 pages of comments on another board despite it being a Sunday and whatnot.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,966

Post#25 » by Saberestar » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:14 am

This team is ridiculously good. Favorites to win it all and I don't know who is the closest team after them. Probably the Bucks, but without Lopez they don't scare me as much as last year.

The starting five is legendary, we are gonna remember those five names together for decades.

Book played like he never missed a game. He scored some crazy difficult shots, he is in great shape.

The production at the C position is off the charts. CP3 and Payne are doing a great job feeding them.

Ayton with 15, 15 and 3 blocks in 24 minutes. McGee 19, 7, 1 in just 16 minutes!
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,263

Post#26 » by King4Day » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:01 pm

I think it's because there isn't much to talk about. Last year was the excitement that we were actually good again. Now, it's expected.
I tend to post when I need to vent. When we have big games (Lakers, Warriors, Nets, Bucks), I think it'll be loud again.

It also wouldn't hurt if they would update the app so you can 'and 1' posts from there. Mind boggling how that hasn't been added yet. Makes the app very mediocre.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
King4Day
RealGM

Post#27 » by King4Day » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:05 pm

Saberestar wrote:This team is ridiculously good. Favorites to win it all and I don't know who is the closest team after them. Probably the Bucks, but without Lopez they don't scare me as much as last year.

The starting five is legendary, we are gonna remember those five names together for decades.

Book played like he never missed a game. He scored some crazy difficult shots, he is in great shape.

The production at the C position is off the charts. CP3 and Payne are doing a great job feeding them.

Ayton with 15, 15 and 3 blocks in 24 minutes. McGee 19, 7, 1 in just 16 minutes!

Warriors are going to be very difficult when Klay returns. Even without him they are neck and neck with us. We only watch our guys so it's easy to say we are the favorites, but I bet Bucks and Warriors fans are saying the same thing about their teams when they are at full strength.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#28 » by King4Day » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:08 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
darealjuice wrote:This team is very good. Elfrid Payton is just terrible though.

Likely because he's learning the system, and ultimately, he can have really good games from time to time. I'm not sure who is out there that we could replace him with. He's got semi playmaking ability and can defend a bit I believe. Unique traits.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,741

Post#29 » by Revived » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:17 pm

King4Day wrote:
Saberestar wrote:This team is ridiculously good. Favorites to win it all and I don't know who is the closest team after them. Probably the Bucks, but without Lopez they don't scare me as much as last year.

Warriors are going to be very difficult when Klay returns. Even without him they are neck and neck with us. We only watch our guys so it's easy to say we are the favorites, but I bet Bucks and Warriors fans are saying the same thing about their teams when they are at full strength.

Denver if they get Murray back and healthy by playoff time is a team to watch as well.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#30 » by King4Day » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:22 pm

Revived wrote:
King4Day wrote:

Denver if they get Murray back and healthy by playoff time is a team to watch as well.

I just don't know if they'll have enough scoring without MPJ. They wouldn't be easy, regardless, but I don't think they will be that much trouble with Bridges on him and DA on Porter.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,825

Post#31 » by Qwigglez » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:35 pm

Suns were up big right from the whistle. I was watching the Halo finals on twitch while also watching the game on my other screen. I feel like the Suns are going to sleepwalk their way to the Finals as long as there aren’t any major injuries or huge trades by the deadline.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,132

Post#32 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:44 pm

i've been enjoying watching the games without looking at anything else.

come playoff time, it'll pick up again. I think that people just got used to the playoffs quickly and don't care much more RS games.

But there ARE some people who only show up to bitch about the team. It happened during the playoffs. Some posters came back from the dead just to bitch after playoff losses. :crazy:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,143

Post#33 » by sunsbg » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:45 pm

Revived wrote:
King4Day wrote:

Nobody fears the Nets with Irving back ? They are 1st in EC without him.
bwoolf2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,306

Post#34 » by bwoolf2 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Ya didn't think I would be begging Nader to get back to take those minutes but I'm begging
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,132

Post#35 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:12 pm

What's crazy is that not that long ago Elfrid was our starting point guard
King4Day
RealGM

Post#36 » by King4Day » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:56 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Revived wrote:
King4Day wrote:

Nobody fears the Nets with Irving back ? They are 1st in EC without him.

They can be re-evaluated if he decides to get the vaccine. Until them, I still think we are better than them.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#37 » by Slim Charless » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:03 pm

King4Day wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Likely because he's learning the system, and ultimately, he can have really good games from time to time. I'm not sure who is out there that we could replace him with. He's got semi playmaking ability and can defend a bit I believe. Unique traits.

I would've happily invited IT back for a 2nd round as opposed to this. Watch that LAL game and tell me he wouldn't be better than Elf?
King4Day
RealGM

Post#38 » by King4Day » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:20 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
King4Day wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

I would've happily invited IT back for a 2nd round as opposed to this. Watch that LAL game and tell me he wouldn't be better than Elf?

It's odd that so many teams haven't given him a chance. Even as a 3rd string bench guy. Maybe it has to do with D, or personality. Hard to tell if his motivation would be to look out for himself to look good to get back into the league on a permanent basis.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#39 » by Slim Charless » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:25 pm

King4Day wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
King4Day wrote:

It's odd that so many teams haven't given him a chance. Even as a 3rd string bench guy. Maybe it has to do with D, or personality. Hard to tell if his motivation would be to look out for himself to look good to get back into the league on a permanent basis.

Probably defense and biases against small guards. He was beloved in the Boston locker and imo never got a fair shake after that. Of all of McD's screwups, him giving away IT for nothing remains a lowkey one we he never got heat for. What a massive **** that was. IT was a legit MVP player there.

I would've love to see us cut Elf and sign IT.

Or just cut Elf
King4Day
RealGM

Post#40 » by King4Day » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:32 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
King4Day wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

Probably defense and biases against small guards. He was beloved in the Boston locker and imo never got a fair shake after that. Of all of McD's screwups, him giving away IT for nothing remains a lowkey one we he never got heat for. What a massive **** that was. IT was a legit MVP player there.

I would've love to see us cut Elf and sign IT.

Or just cut Elf

At this point, I wouldn't cut Payton because his salary could be included in a trade. Cutting him negates that. Perhaps after the deadline we can revisit the idea though. We could still sign IT to a 10 day or something and cut someone later if need be.

Return to Phoenix Suns