Ingles + 1st for Warren + Craig

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,500

Ingles + 1st for Warren + Craig 

Post#1 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 10:30 pm

Utah trades: Joe Ingles, Udoka Azubuike, 2027 UTA 1st (top 10 protected, unprotected)
Indiana trades: TJ Warren, Torrey Craig

Utah takes a big risk by trading a loosely protected pick and a key part of their rotation. They get back the toolsy defender they need in Craig, and take a chance that Warren has some outlier potential to be what he was in the bubble again, but even if he can give us basically what Rudy Gay does, he'd be a nice add.

Indiana pivots toward their rebuild by cashing out on Warren and saving a little bit of money. Wouldn't be surprised if this needs a third team to send value for Ingles that goes to Indiana.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,213

Re: Ingles + 1st for Warren + Craig 

Post#2 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 4, 2022 10:35 pm

I think Jingles leadership, shooting, playmaking and trash talk can help Indy's bench a lot, I like it.
Utah gambles on Warren who if healthy after ASB can provide serious firepower to them in the PO.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,048

Post#3 » by R-DAWG » Tue Jan 4, 2022 10:38 pm

I'm not sure if what is going back to Utah is enough to justify moving a 1st when they are already down 2 future 1sts.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,586

Post#4 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Jan 4, 2022 10:39 pm

Can you afford to keep warren beyond this year?
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#5 » by loserX » Tue Jan 4, 2022 11:30 pm

If the Pacers want to send us Craig for some (very) minor asset, I'm fine with that.

Not willing to give up Ingles and a pick (plus Azuibuike, if he's still worth anything) to take a chance on Warren post-injury. Let's see him play first.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 11:56 pm

loserX wrote:If the Pacers want to send us Craig for some (very) minor asset, I'm fine with that.

Not willing to give up Ingles and a pick (plus Azuibuike, if he's still worth anything) to take a chance on Warren post-injury. Let's see him play first.

Issue is, if Warren plays well immediately post-injury he is simply worth more than what we are trading.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
loserX
And1: 26,047

Post#7 » by loserX » Wed Jan 5, 2022 12:02 am

babyjax13 wrote:
loserX wrote:If the Pacers want to send us Craig for some (very) minor asset, I'm fine with that.

Issue is, if Warren plays well immediately post-injury he is simply worth more than what we are trading.

That may be. But as an expiring himself, he'd have to play pretty well to be worth Ingles and a pick.

And if he doesn't, we are now worse off in the present and down an additional asset.

Lots of risk, and doesn't fix our biggest need in any case. Would rather just do the Craig part of it.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#8 » by babyjax13 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 12:08 am

loserX wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

That may be. But as an expiring himself, he'd have to play pretty well to be worth Ingles and a pick.

And if he doesn't, we are now worse off in the present and down an additional asset.

Lots of risk, and doesn't fix our biggest need in any case. Would rather just do the Craig part of it.

I can understand the position. I think a healthy Warren is a top 35 player on a bad day, and having another one of those guys would just be huge for us. We obviously don't know if we are getting a healthy Warren this season, but I'd take the gamble.

JColl
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#9 » by pacers33granger » Wed Jan 5, 2022 12:20 am

I could see Utah taking the gamble without the pick. The upside is certainly there, but if he is able to be productive this year you don't know how long it will last. And the downside is burning another pick, another prospect, and downgrading Ingles to Craig.

Warren seems to want to stay in Indy, but Utah would probably be on his short list of destinations. And we could really use someone like Ingles.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,218

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jan 5, 2022 12:40 am

Hasn’t Jingles talked about retiring if he’s dealt?
Adrian Street
Rookie
And1: 319

Post#11 » by Adrian Street » Wed Jan 5, 2022 12:53 am

I can't see Warren being traded. He is still viewed as an important part of Indy's future. Indy is 4-19 this season in games decided by 10 points or less and I think they win most of those games with a healthy Warren.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#12 » by babyjax13 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 1:43 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Hasn’t Jingles talked about retiring if he’s dealt?

Yes. Not sure if that was serious, or if he would be fine if dealt to a third team that is a contender.

JColl

Return to Trades and Transactions