Pacers Have 'Extremely High Value' On Domantas Sabonis

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Pacers Have 'Extremely High Value' On Domantas Sabonis 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:47 pm

The Indiana Pacers are considered unlikely to trade Domantas Sabonis.

"The Pacers have an extremely high value on Sabonis, rival executives say," writes Shams Charania.

Indiana is more receptive to trade discussions with Myles Turner. 

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 195

Re: Pacers Have 'Extremely High Value' On Domantas Sabonis 

Post#2 » by 23artest23 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:27 pm

I suspected this was the case but glad regardless.
Years90Suns
Senior
And1: 280

Post#3 » by Years90Suns » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:34 pm

Sabonis is a heck of a player.
He is intelligent, team player. Can shoot, pass, run to a certain extent...
The only thing agains is that he is not a real C, neither a real PF. He lacks either some size or some quickness.
jk31
Rookie
And1: 686

Post#4 » by jk31 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:51 pm

Years90Suns wrote:Sabonis is a heck of a player.
The only thing agains is that he is not a real C, neither a real PF. He lacks either some size or some quickness.

on point. with Sabonis at the 5 you cannot defend anything at all and will never make it out of the 1st round. with Sabonis at the 4 you have the Ideal Partner at the 5 with Turner (3 and d). but that doesnt work out Well Either.

Pacers will continue mediocrity if they trade Turner and keep Sabonis. rather have them Deal Sabonis for an allstar caliber wing.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:17 pm

jk31 wrote:

on point. with Sabonis at the 5 you cannot defend anything at all and will never make it out of the 1st round. with Sabonis at the 4 you have the Ideal Partner at the 5 with Turner (3 and d). but that doesnt work out Well Either.

Pacers will continue mediocrity if they trade Turner and keep Sabonis. rather have them Deal Sabonis for an allstar caliber wing.

Who is that All-Star caliber wing you speak of? I don't see that happening. Eastern Conference All-Star caliber guard... maybe?
SatchSanders
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#6 » by SatchSanders » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:18 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
jk31 wrote:

Who is that All-Star caliber wing you speak of? I don't see that happening. Eastern Conference All-Star caliber guard... maybe?

Sabonis and a pick for John Collins and Cam Reddish would be a good package for Indiana. But I agree Sabonis is fool's gold if you're trying to win a championship, for the reasons jk31 set forth.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:04 pm

SatchSanders wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
jk31 wrote:on point. with Sabonis at the 5 you cannot defend anything at all and will never make it out of the 1st round. with Sabonis at the 4 you have the Ideal Partner at the 5 with Turner (3 and d). but that doesnt work out Well Either.

Sabonis and a pick for John Collins and Cam Reddish would be a good package for Indiana. But I agree Sabonis is fool's gold if you're trying to win a championship, for the reasons jk31 set forth.

I don't think Atl does this... nor should they. But Sabonis is absolutely capable of playing an important role on a title team. He would look really good on a lot of teams. It wouldn't be fair to send him to GSW. I'd be interested to see him in DEN next to Jokic. He and Jokic would probably be staggered for a lot of the time but those guys are good at many of the same things.

Title aside, it would be fun to see him in POR because of his dad. That town would love him. CHA could use him as well.

Return to Wiretap Discussion