UTA-PHI :: Tobias Harris

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,323

UTA-PHI :: Tobias Harris 

Post#1 » by zimpy27 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:18 pm

PHI get Bojan, Ingles, Clarkson
Curry, Green, Bojan, Simmons, Embiid -- Maxey, Clarkson, Thybulle, Ingles, Drummond
Philly break up the Harris deal into smaller pieces with one expiring (Ingles). This will help get them under the hard cap if they trade Simmons+Green for Harden in offseason as a SnT. In the meantime they bolster their wing depth.

UTA get Harris, Milton, Korkmaz
Conley, Mitchell, Royce, Harris, Gobert -- Milton, Korkmaz, Hughes, Gay, Whiteside
This trade brings in another reliable iso scorer in Harris. It brings in some bench playmaking in Milton and some shooting in Korkmaz. The lineup also allows Hughes to play from the bench more regularly.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,746

Re: UTA-PHI :: Tobias Harris 

Post#2 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:27 pm

Utah should be getting a 1st at least.
Ingles is cooked.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#3 » by zimpy27 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:50 pm

GobertReport wrote:Utah should be getting a 1st at least.

Harris is the best player in the deal and the total salaries match. Milton+Korkmaz are good value for a couple seasons even though Harris has the most money owed in future. I think the Philly players are better over the course of their contracts than Utah ones are.

So I do think it's even.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,746

Post#4 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:11 pm

zimpy27 wrote:

Harris is the best player in the deal and the total salaries match. Milton+Korkmaz are good value for a couple seasons even though Harris has the most money owed in future. I think the Philly players are better over the course of their contracts than Utah ones are.

So I do think it's even.

Harris is only a better defender than Bogey and the difference in that defense is not 15 mill. Utah passes. No interest in Kork.
Ingles is cooked.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by zimpy27 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:14 pm

GobertReport wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

So I do think it's even.

Harris is only a better defender than Bogey and the difference in that defense is not 15 mill. Utah passes. No interest in Kork.

Ok that's fair. Thought this might be an interesting way to get out of Clarkson+Bogey contracts. I think harris would be an excellent pairing with Gobert, he's always played well of bigs that stay central.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,410

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:09 am

Yah, I think we are all out on the Harris deal. The delta between him and Bogdanovic is not that large, and Bogey's off ball gravity is much greater. His isolation scoring has also improved pretty dramatically this year, so I think the only real area Harris has an advantage in on offense is his ability to handle the ball a bit and act as a secondary creator, but we really don't need that. Getting out of Clarkson is nice, but it's putting us in a worse situation.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by zimpy27 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:25 am

babyjax13 wrote:Yah, I think we are all out on the Harris deal. The delta between him and Bogdanovic is not that large, and Bogey's off ball gravity is much greater. His isolation scoring has also improved pretty dramatically this year, so I think the only real area Harris has an advantage in on offense is his ability to handle the ball a bit and act as a secondary creator, but we really don't need that. Getting out of Clarkson is nice, but it's putting us in a worse situation.

Ok fair enough. I thought the deal may have been interesting

Return to Trades and Transactions