ImageImageImage

If It Is To Be Said. So It Be. So It Is. The First Deadline Trade Thread.

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Re: If It Is To Be Said. So It Be. So It Is. The First Deadline Trade Thread. 

Post#661 » by ddb » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:28 pm

Boston/Atlanta

Collins/Bogdanovic for Horford/Smart/Nesmith/1st. Everyone's happy.

Schroder/Brown/Tatum/Collins/Williams
Pritchard/Bogdanovic/Richardson/GrantWill
Romeo/Hauser/Kanter
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,386

Post#662 » by chrisab123 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:29 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

Well the flaw in your statement is that Tatum is not a leader.
Also I will add that on a lot of championship teams the most vocal player is not the best.

ie:
Draymond
On Miami's wining teams everyone pointed to Battier as being the vocal leader
Derek Fisher

All of those teams had transcendent talent though. Didn't really matter who was barking at them.

GSW - Durant Curry
Miami - LeBron Wade
LAL - Kobe and Shaq.

Kobe and LeBron led by example. But the leaders on the Miami team were Battier Haslem and Wade.

Doesn't matter here either. You kind of just agreed with me too BTW.

Doesn't really matter if your talent is transcendent or not, (Brown adn Tatum just might get there) a vocal leader can be anybody.,

Im not sure how Kobe Wade and Marcus Smart all belong in the same sentence but.... :roll:

Like I said the motivators on those teams, the late stage laker teams was Kobe. Fisher was a sounding board but Kobe was the leader. Miami it was Wades team and people knew coming in that was the main guy. GSW I'll give you considering it seems like Green was the alpha dog there.

They also all had something else in common... elite coaches.

Kerr Phil and Spo.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,831

Post#663 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:30 pm

Read on Twitter

The posturing is at warp speed right now in the NBA.
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#664 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:32 pm

ddb wrote:Boston/Atlanta

Collins/Bogdanovic for Horford/Smart/Nesmith/1st. Everyone's happy.

Schroder/Brown/Tatum/Collins/Williams
Pritchard/Bogdanovic/Richardson/GrantWill
Romeo/Hauser/Kanter

Sign me up except for Schroder at point guard.
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#665 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#666 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:35 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
I don’t share info on here anymore really, but I can say for a fact that Beal is privately putting a ton of pressure on the front office to make a big, win now move. Publicly too, obviously lol.

If the Wizards don’t make a big trade, I think it’s because they don’t want to give him that insane contract.

Yeah Quinton Mayo said Sabonis was their target, Grant lesser so.

Anyone with a brain looks at the Wizards as what they are, a mediocre team with a tough schedule coming up that should trade Beal before ruining their cap. They don’t even have control of their first this year.

But…like we’ve said, never doubt Ted Leonsis’ desire to stay mediocre

Im not sure what a deal for Sabonis even looks like.

Kuzma, Deni and a 1st?
Is that even enough for Sabonis?

Wouldnt mind helping facilitate a deal if we could walk away with Deni out of it. Think that kid would be an awesome fit between the Jays.

I'd guess Deni, Rui, Harrell and a couple of picks?
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,964

Post#667 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:36 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
All of those teams had transcendent talent though. Didn't really matter who was barking at them.

GSW - Durant Curry
Miami - LeBron Wade
LAL - Kobe and Shaq.

Kobe and LeBron led by example. But the leaders on the Miami team were Battier Haslem and Wade.

Doesn't really matter if your talent is transcendent or not, (Brown adn Tatum just might get there) a vocal leader can be anybody.,

Im not sure how Kobe Wade and Marcus Smart all belong in the same sentence but.... :roll:

Like I said the motivators on those teams, the late stage laker teams was Kobe. Fisher was a sounding board but Kobe was the leader. Miami it was Wades team and people knew coming in that was the main guy. GSW I'll give you considering it seems like Green was the alpha dog there.

Kerr Phil and Spo.

Yeah, I do agree with you.

All great teams have guys that fill certain roles

YOu have your Alpha dog player
You have your lead by example
you have your vocal leader.

They all dont have to be the same guy, sometimes it is with guys like JOrdan, Kobe, Bird, etc.

Sometimes you have Battiers, Fishers, Smart to step up and be a leader of a different sort.
Tatum is not a vocal leader, he is the Alpha dog.
Brown is closer to the lead by example type of guy with his relentless attacking offensively and swinging ball on drives etc. Trying to play the way he knows they need to.
Smart can be the vocal guy.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 22,003

Post#668 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:44 pm

Well, so far the three Celtics' leaders have led the team to 24-24.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#669 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:48 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Well, so far the three Celtics' leaders have led the team to 24-24.

Can't argue with that. 60-60 over the last year and a half.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,469

Post#670 » by Feed Your Head » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:50 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

Kerr Phil and Spo.

They all dont have to be the same guy, sometimes it is with guys like JOrdan, Kobe, Bird, etc.

Sometimes you have Battiers, Fishers, Smart to step up and be a leader of a different sort.
Brown is closer to the lead by example type of guy with his relentless attacking offensively and swinging ball on drives etc. Trying to play the way he knows they need to.

Tatum is considered the lead by example guy, according to Ime and people around the team. Jaylen and Grant try to be the vocal guys, apparently.

Also Jaylen doesn’t really attack, he’s mostly a jump shooter now. And c’mon lol, he averages 6 potential assists a game, he’s not swinging the ball often on drives. You want to say he doesn’t go iso much, that’s one thing, but he’s far from relentless.

None of them are real leaders yet, outside of Smart. And Smart being such an explosive personality probably turns some teammates off.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,397

Post#671 » by fallguy » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:53 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:Well, so far the three Celtics' leaders have led the team to 24-24.

Sure, but that's only a 120-game sample size. Could be a fluke.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,966

Post#672 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:05 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:Lakers trade Russell Westbrook, Picks (1st and a 2nd)
gets: Horford, Favors, Schroder
Lakers get clear upgrades here.

Taken together with the Lakers' acquisition of Westbrook, that's an utter catastrophe.

Nothing like that is remotely realistic unless they fire Pelinka.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#673 » by ddb » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:07 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:

The Crazy thing is if Boston had Chris Paul at PG instead of Marcus Smart the team would be going to the finals. I really think they're that close from being an awesome team....Granted Chris Paul is special and the ultimate PG. He's exactly what Boston needs..
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#674 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:17 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

Kerr Phil and Spo.

Tatum is considered the lead by example guy, according to Ime and people around the team. Jaylen and Grant try to be the vocal guys, apparently.

Also Jaylen doesn’t really attack, he’s mostly a jump shooter now. And c’mon lol, he averages 6 potential assists a game, he’s not swinging the ball often on drives. You want to say he doesn’t go iso much, that’s one thing, but he’s far from relentless.

None of them are real leaders yet, outside of Smart. And Smart being such an explosive personality probably turns some teammates off.

Well, Jaylen drives 11.8 times per game. Tatum is at 13.
Jaylen attempts 5 shots off his drives
Tatum attempts 6.2

Unless I am confused in my thought process, doesnt that mean that they both drive and kick (drives-FGA)?

Meaning Brown drives and kicks 6.8 times per game
Tatum drives and kicks 6.8 times per game?

I didnt realize just how bad our secondary assists are for guys that have the ball so much.

Tatum is 0.7 per game Tied for 37th in NBA
Brown is 0.6 per game Tied for 46th

I know that with a reliable shooter on the court those numbers would go up though.
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#675 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:22 pm

Read on Twitter
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,469

Post#676 » by Feed Your Head » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:30 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

Tatum attempts 6.2

Unless I am confused in my thought process, doesnt that mean that they both drive and kick (drives-FGA)?

I didnt realize just how bad our secondary assists are for guys that have the ball so much.

I know that with a reliable shooter on the court those numbers would go up though.

Jaylen drives a pretty good amount, but he just doesn’t shoot the ball at the rim much anymore. His shots within 3 feet are way down, 17.5% of the time I believe. He’s become more of a jump shooter than a guy who finishes at the rim this season, which is fine if you’re hitting the jumpers. That’s my best guess as why he’s been so up and down. This isn’t knocking him as a player, just pointing out that he has somewhat shifted his game. I love him shooting a bunch of threes, so I don’t mind.

But end of the day, he’s still only averaging 5.8 potential assists a game on a 30% usage, that’s just incredibly low. Now I don’t want him being a primary playmaker, so I’d be fine if we were using him off ball more. But we use him as our secondary ball handler, and it’s tough to have someone have the ball that much without really setting other guys up. It’s compounded by that fact that Tatum is also too low, at 8.4.
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#677 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:31 pm

Read on Twitter
rob4748
Rookie
And1: 746

Post#678 » by rob4748 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:33 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting this gets brought up we saw Tim Hardaway floated earlier..
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#679 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:33 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Tatum attempts 6.2

Jaylen drives a pretty good amount, but he just doesn’t shoot the ball at the rim much anymore. His shots within 3 feet are way down, 17.5% of the time I believe. He’s become more of a jump shooter than a guy who finishes at the rim this season, which is fine if you’re hitting the jumpers. That’s my best guess as why he’s been so up and down. This isn’t knocking him as a player, just pointing out that he has somewhat shifted his game. I love him shooting a bunch of threes, so I don’t mind.

But end of the day, he’s still only averaging 5.8 potential assists a game on a 30% usage, that’s just incredibly low. Now I don’t want him being a primary playmaker, so I’d be fine if we were using him off ball more. But we use him as our secondary ball handler, and it’s tough to have someone have the ball that much without really setting other guys up. It’s compounded by that fact that Tatum is also too low, at 8.4.

Agreed

I wonder if the leg issue has caused less shots from the rim and more pullups?
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#680 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:39 pm

rob4748 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Interesting this gets brought up we saw Tim Hardaway floated earlier..

Smart for THJ is a downgrade and takes on more salary.

Return to Boston Celtics