Image ImageImage Image

PG: Streak Busters/ Welcome back, Alex

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

chefo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,393

Re: PG: Streak Busters/ Welcome back, Alex 

Post#61 » by chefo » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:44 am

Ayo probably won't continue finishing inside like prime DeAndre Jordan, or shoot from 3 like he's Steph Curry in an empty gym. But kid has been studly beyond belief the last 3 games. 4:1 TO ratio, steals, good D... averaging 18/8/6/2, and most importantly, he plays under control and rarely makes dumb mistakes these days. Just amazing.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,509

Post#62 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:47 am

Go Bulls and See Red!
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,552

Post#63 » by fleet » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:48 am

FriedRise wrote:
fleet wrote:
FriedRise wrote:Ayo shot 8 times and only missed 1. He scored 18 and shot 75% from 3.

8 assists too to only 1 turnover.

Who knew we got an offensive stud with the 38th pick?

I believe just saw a stat he shoots 76% as a starter. Or, i need glasses.

Yup.

Read on Twitter

And he's doing this while having to guard Tatum, Ja, and Garland.

Jesus jumping Christ.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,923

Post#64 » by RSP83 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:50 am

chefo wrote:Ayo probably won't continue finishing inside like prime DeAndre Jordan, or shoot from 3 like he's Steph Curry in an empty gym. But kid has been studly beyond belief the last 3 games. 4:1 TO ratio, steals, good D... averaging 18/8/5/2, and most importantly, he plays under control and rarely makes dumb mistakes these days. Just amazing.

This. I think he has solved a way to maximize his contribution while still playing within his role. Some typical Ayo stuff:
- He get open looks at the corners. swish.
- He did that little hesi thing on a mismatch with a big on him, he tries to win that first step over slower big, and he use his length to finish at the rim. Somehow this has been working for him, many times.
- He gamble to get a steal, fortunately success rate has been pretty good
- He did that baseline cut where he either finish or find another open guys cutting to lane. Like what he did with Vuc today (I see Ayo in this situation a lot).
- He doesn't force iso going to the rim or settle for jumpers like Zach or Derozan.

He's just been really good making the most out of the scraps he gets. That's super high BBall IQ right there.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,509

Post#65 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:52 am

Man I was so happy for Vuc when he hit that 3 when Demar drove to the basket and hit him with the pass. That was big man! Great game for him considering he was playing against some good guys!
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#66 » by umfan83 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:53 am

Fill in the blank:

“Ayo can’t be a future All-Star because ____________”

Honestly what are his weaknesses?
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,334

Post#67 » by kodo » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:53 am

Also, Cleveland is going to be insane in 3 years. Garland, Mobley, and Allen are an awesome core. You can get 3&D wings, talented PGs & 7 footers is a much tougher ask. They've got the hard parts of their rebuild taken care of.
nitric0
RealGM
And1: 1,352

Post#68 » by nitric0 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:54 am

Caruso is the MVP of the team. Change my mind.
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,367

Post#69 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:55 am

FriedRise wrote:
fleet wrote:
FriedRise wrote:Ayo shot 8 times and only missed 1. He scored 18 and shot 75% from 3.

8 assists too to only 1 turnover.

Who knew we got an offensive stud with the 38th pick?

I believe just saw a stat he shoots 76% as a starter. Or, i need glasses.

Yup.

Read on Twitter

And he's doing this while having to guard Tatum, Ja, and Garland.

The days of Ayo flying under the radar are effectively over. I mean they have been over for a while but people are really taking notice.

He is basically this years version of Talen Horton-Tucker from last year.
The Cult of Personality
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#70 » by RSP83 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:56 am

umfan83 wrote:Fill in the blank:

I've said it in the Ayo thread. What makes it impossible for Ayo to become as good as Jrue Holiday? Jrue is an All-Star btw.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,155

Post#71 » by MrSparkle » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:56 am

Happy for Vuc, Coby and Troy.

Caruso is a one-man tsunami.

Ayo’s the gift that keeps giving.

I’m glad Demar got some help tonight.

Vuc is capable of playing well. He did it tonight against a very tough C and PF. Not sure what it is, but maybe he just needs way more post touches.
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#72 » by RSP83 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:58 am

kodo wrote:Also, Cleveland is going to be insane in 3 years. Garland, Mobley, and Allen are an awesome core. You can get 3&D wings, talented PGs & 7 footers is a much tougher ask. They've got the hard parts of their rebuild taken care of.

Yeah they have a really awesome core. I'd add Okoro to that core as well as the athletic wing defensive catalyst. If I were them I'd try to find a suitor for Sexton and Lauri soon.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,686

Post#73 » by sco » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:58 am

Had this one as a loss, but I guess I underestimated the power of Caruso. May have been a trap game for CLE, but I'll take every win.

I'll be optimistic that this isn't a JanuAyo mirage. Sure the shots are falling, and the defense has been elite against elites, but his vision, passing and setting up the offense has been the big surprise.

Coby's offense has been needed with Zach out. Happy for his revelation. Announcer was saying he's been working on finishing at the rim...the work shows. I've been hard on Coby, but never on his work ethic, which we've seen builds winners.

DD really doing heavy lifting out there. I'll forgive the missed FT's.

Vuc is Mr. Hot and Cold, but kudos to him for fighting hard on both ends and not sulking.

AC has been sorely missed. Dude is special in terms of lifting the entire team.
:clap:
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#74 » by umfan83 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:58 am

RSP83 wrote:

I've said it in the Ayo thread. What makes it impossible for Ayo to become as good as Jrue Holiday? Jrue is an All-Star btw.

He can shoot, he can finish at the rim, he plays good defense, he brings energy, he can make plays and find open guys, he can create his own shot (though he hasn’t done it with volume yet), he can score tough points, he’s fearless, he has poise and swagger, he’s shown leadership qualities, he’s risen in the clutch.

I think the one of the weaknesses coming out of college was not elite athleticism but I don’t think that’s holding him back right now
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#75 » by The Force. » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:58 am

Ayo is playing stellar basketball. If he keeps this up the FO will have a tough decision to make next year when teams start throwing him the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,355

Post#76 » by Kurt Heimlich » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:00 am

AYO babyyyyy. Caruso is a top 3 impact guy on this team basically no questions asked. Just stay healthy please! Great win tonight absolutely
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#77 » by RSP83 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:01 am

RSP83 wrote:

Or even Kyle Lowry. I mentioned these 2 guys a lot in parallel with Ayo because both Jrue and Lowry are guys that don't necessarily have elite talent in terms of skills. But they have high motor, tough, smart player, and have good enough skill to be an impactful player. They hide their weakness relatively well, but really max out what they have.
ghostinthepost1
Junior
And1: 225

Post#78 » by ghostinthepost1 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:04 am

That guard rotation of Lonzo/Zach/AC/Ayo/Coby is just going to cut through teams in the play-offs.
RSP83
Head Coach

Post#79 » by RSP83 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:04 am

umfan83 wrote:
RSP83 wrote:

He can shoot, he can finish at the rim, he plays good defense, he brings energy, he can make plays and find open guys, he can create his own shot (though he hasn’t done it with volume yet), he can score tough points, he’s fearless, he has poise and swagger, he’s shown leadership qualities, he’s risen in the clutch.

I think the one of the weaknesses coming out of college was not elite athleticism but I don’t think that’s holding him back right now

Even if he can't do it with volume, it's still no issue. If he can be really efficient without having to hound for his own shot, and we still have our scoring machine in Derozan, Lavine, and Vuc... then we don't need him to create his own shot on a high volume anyway.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,631

Post#80 » by Betta Bulleavit » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:07 am

On draft night, I went to sleep after the first round was over. I had a big day at work the following day and needed the rest. When I turned the tv off I remember telling myself that somebody was going to strike gold in the second round with Ayo. I honestly had no faith that it would be us. I woke up the next morning and took at look at this board and saw that we had got him. I must have fist pumped at least 10-15 times because I knew this kid was going to be good. And I cannot say enough about how pleased I am with how he has been playing. He will hit the skids at some point just as most rookies do. But he can bust through it because he has that mental toughness.

I don’t think people truly grasp the idea that even though we didn’t have a first round pick, we still managed to steal one. If this guy continues to grow and develop, it could be a real trajectory changer for us. He works hard, has great character and seems to love being coached. The vets respect him and you can just see him thriving on that more and more each game.

Return to Chicago Bulls