ImageImageImage

Game 49: San Antonio Spurs (19-31) @ Phoenix Suns (39-9) l Sunday l 6:00pm l BSAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Game 49: San Antonio Spurs (19-31) @ Phoenix Suns (39-9) l Sunday l 6:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#1 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:37 am

Who: San Antonio Spurs @ Phoenix Suns

When : Sunday, January 30th @ 6:00pm (8:00ET), BSAZ

Where: Footprint Center, Phoenix, AZ

San Antonio Spurs starting lineup:

C- Poeltl
F- Johnson
F- McDermott
G- White
G- Murray

Reserves: Walker/Vassell/Eubanks/Primo

Phoenix Suns starting lineup:

C- Biyombo
F- Cam
F- Bridges
G- Booker
G- CP3

Reserves: Cam/Shamet/Payton/Wainright
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,847

Re: Game 49: San Antonio Spurs (19-31) @ Phoenix Suns (39-9) l Sunday l 6:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#2 » by Qwigglez » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:26 pm

Spurs might be sitting at under 40% wins for the season but they are always tough. Poeltl last 7 games is averaging 19/10/3/3. I heard some trade rumors about Dejounte Murray, and if true I hope he goes the East. I'd love for him to eventually be our Chris Paul replacement, but I don't see that happening.

I'm not sure if Ayton is coming back for this one, or McGee. Probably best to let them recover as long as possible.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Re: Game 49: San Antonio Spurs (19-31) @ Phoenix Suns (39-9) l Sunday l 6:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#3 » by SunsRback4Good » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:26 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Spurs might be sitting at under 40% wins for the season but they are always tough. Poeltl last 7 games is averaging 19/10/3/3. I heard some trade rumors about Dejounte Murray, and if true I hope he goes the East. I'd love for him to eventually be our Chris Paul replacement, but I don't see that happening.

not sure if Ayton is coming back for this one, or McGee. Probably best to let them recover as long as possible.

That's right no need to rush them back considering we've been winning with 9 guys the past few games. We've already beaten two playoff teams (Jazz (2), Twolves) with a 9 man rotation. Let our centers heal a bit and don't rush Jae & Payne unless they are near 80-90% healthy. We can beat the Spurs and the depleted Nets team but things will get difficult next week with upcoming games against Hawks, 76ers, Bucks & Bulls.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,320

Post#4 » by Slim Charless » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:28 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Spurs might be sitting at under 40% wins for the season but they are always tough. Poeltl last 7 games is averaging 19/10/3/3. I heard some trade rumors about Dejounte Murray, and if true I hope he goes the East. I'd love for him to eventually be our Chris Paul replacement, but I don't see that happening.

I'm not sure if Ayton is coming back for this one, or McGee. Probably best to let them recover as long as possible.

I kinda think Dejounte is our CP3 replacement, if we don't draft someone. I think his contract ends at the same time Chris's does. Coincidence? Lol

Too bad he wasn't on team USA this summer as Booker could've been in his ear.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Post#5 » by spanishninja » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:47 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:

not sure if Ayton is coming back for this one, or McGee. Probably best to let them recover as long as possible.

That's right no need to rush them back considering we've been winning with 9 guys the past few games. We've already beaten two playoff teams (Jazz (2), Twolves) with a 9 man rotation. Let our centers heal a bit and don't rush Jae & Payne unless they are near 80-90% healthy. We can beat the Spurs and the depleted Nets team but things will get difficult next week with upcoming games against Hawks, 76ers, Bucks & Bulls.
i think we at least need javale back for this. last night cut it really close with foul trouble, and spurs have some competent bigs themselves

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,727

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:13 pm

Slim Charless wrote:

I kinda think Dejounte is our CP3 replacement, if we don't draft someone. I think his contract ends at the same time Chris's does. Coincidence? Lol

I kind of like Dejounte, especially for fantasy because of his steals. I don't really see him as a guy Jones would go after though. Unless he can start hitting 3s.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#7 » by Slim Charless » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:47 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

I kind of like Dejounte, especially for fantasy because of his steals. I don't really see him as a guy Jones would go after though. Unless he can start hitting 3s.

It'll be fine. We'll still have noted sharpshooter Landry Shamet on the team. He's signed for 1 more yr than Paul.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#8 » by Slim Charless » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:48 pm

spanishninja wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

i think we at least need javale back for this. last night cut it really close with foul trouble, and spurs have some competent bigs themselves

I heard Ayton is due back tomorrow. Hopefully helps get us our 2nd double digit win streak of the season.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,727

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:00 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

It'll be fine. We'll still have noted sharpshooter Landry Shamet on the team. He's signed for 1 more yr than Paul.

With his options.

I thought after my post that I won't be too surprised if Book just becomes the primary ball handler...basically more of a Harden role and we could either get another guard who is a nice shooter/defender or slide Bridges and Cam to 2/3 and find another decent PF and go a little bigger.

Given so many PGs coming into the league though and the depth most teams already have, there will probably be quite a few good point guards on the market in the coming years too.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,804

Post#10 » by thamadkant » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:37 am

Ayton is scheduled to come back for this game.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,173

Post#11 » by spanishninja » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:17 am

Slim Charless wrote:
spanishninja wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

I heard Ayton is due back tomorrow. Hopefully helps get us our 2nd double digit win streak of the season.
good stuff. let's send Monty and his staff to Cleveland!

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,878

Post#12 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:29 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#13 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:36 am

I'd love Murray too as our Paul successor. How scary would it be IF OKC used a bunch of their assets to get Murray and pair him in the backcourt with Shai? Or either Atlanta next to Trae or in Washington alongside of Beal? :o
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#14 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:43 am

Goodbye everyone I am done with everything. I dont care if we win a championship or not my life is over and I have no need for realgm anymore. I thought maybe not writing anything but wanted to let everyone know. It's time for a new life which scares me but I made my own bed now time to lie in it. I'm nothing special but a dumbazz which provides nothing to society so my absence wont affect a single soul. Take care.
Slim Charless
RealGM

Post#15 » by Slim Charless » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:21 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:

I'd love Murray too as our Paul successor. How scary would it be IF OKC used a bunch of their assets to get Murray and pair him in the backcourt with Shai? Or either Atlanta next to Trae or in Washington alongside of Beal? :o

They need to do something. There's no way they keep all of those picks. I'd take a swing on Sabonis if I was them. Him, SGA and Giddey is a good start. Dort too maybe.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#16 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:21 am

Slim Charless wrote:

I'd like Murray too. He'd be an awesome defensive compliment to Booker. For my part though, I just think our target is De Angelo Russell. He just checks too many boxes for what James Jones mentioned.
https://arizonasports.com/story/2857747/suns-gm-james-jones-deandre-ayton-wanted-5-year-max-nothing-less/
From beginning to end, they said, the organization’s unmistakable message from Sarver on down was that Ayton wasn’t viewed as worthy of a max deal. In response, Jones said, “They know that a three- or four-year max was not an (acceptable) option for them.”

Amick also mentions how the league’s collective bargaining agreement states that each team cannot have more than two rookie designated max extensions, so adding Ayton to Devin Booker’s max could cripple the Suns’ ability to add a third player on a similar five-year deal.

I really think that they intend to offer Russell a max in 2023 when Paul has a partial guarantee and BOTH Crowder and Saric come off the books! With Russell:
- All-Star (basically)!
- Elite ISO scorer. Check!
- Elite ballhandler. Check!
- Solid shooter/defender. Check!
- Improved playmaker. Check!
- young/ fits the core timeline. Check!
**Bookers' best friend. Check!

Although I will say this! If you refer to the 1st part of the quote: With Sarver on down not believing that Aytons' worth a max, IF Ayton won't accept anything less than a 5 yr deal, I could very well see them initiating a sign 'n' trade deal for something along the lines of Murray/ Poetl for Ayton!! Poetl and Murrays' salary combined would equate to around 27 million too coincidentally. :wink: So there's that consideration IF Saver still doesn't view the center position as being worthy of a max salary and opts to go cheaper. But also can address two key issues from the Ayton situation IF they may NOT intend to max him anyways.

Also since he's an unrestricted free agent in 2023, We wouldn't really have to give up assets to get him.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#17 » by RunDogGun » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:26 am

:lol: One good game for Shamet and two people here are back to calling him "sniper" and "sharpshooter" :roll:

I would still rather have Johnson shooting more threes. I hope Shamet has found his shot, but he can easily go right back to forcing shots, taking shots too quickly, or trying to be Booker. He is a chucker. All we can hope for is those "chucks" go in. He is shooting 37% from the field, which is 15th on our roster of players this year. He is just above Ish.

As for this game, and any game where Monty is smart enough to start Johnson, I hope they try and get him going early. He seems to be our key late in games, and proves to be our best shooter. However, not going to give him ridiculous titles, his percentages speak for themselves.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,187

Post#18 » by sunsbg » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:19 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Goodbye everyone I am done with everything. I dont care if we win a championship or not my life is over and I have no need for realgm anymore. I thought maybe not writing anything but wanted to let everyone know. It's time for a new life which scares me but I made my own bed now time to lie in it. I'm nothing special but a dumbazz which provides nothing to society so my absence wont affect a single soul. Take care.

Your posts will be missed. Try new things to find out what makes you happy. Championship or not, it's all about enjoying the ride. Take care.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#19 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:50 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Goodbye everyone I am done with everything. I don't care if we win a championship or not my life is over and I have no need for Realgm anymore. I thought maybe not writing anything but wanted to let everyone know. It's time for a new life which scares me but I made my own bed now time to lie in it. I'm nothing special but a dumbazz who provides nothing to society so my absence won't affect a single soul. Take care.

Actually, You would be sorely missed around here for sure! But whatever your final decision on things, Know that you have my utmost respect and admiration :bowdown:
For one, Without you, Our game threads are gonna suck azz bigtime! Because I don't see anybody being able to create the same level of quality and awesome that you do on this man! (No offense to anyone else on here by the way). I myself am still trying to adjust to my new life after losing everything I had worked to achieve over the last 20 yrs. Currently, I'm trying to rebuild my life piece by piece starting with nothing, So I can definitely emphasize somewhat. I'm also very unsure of what life has in store for me, As my life has been changed so dramatically that very few people that I've known over the years even recognize me. The most I can do, for now, is to try to take everything in stride as best I can, which is not nearly to the standards that most would consider normal .....lol. My choices throughout my life (like many others ) have also carried heavy and life-altering consequences. FWIW, I don't (and I'm sure many others as well) wouldn't at all consider you a dumb azz and your game threads and contributions on here are nothing short of benchmark/ the standard for what one should look to contribute. Just saying don't sell yourself short, k man. Because your absence will affect many here, As well as the drop in quality threads and content overall. IF that isn't special, I don't know what is!! :nod:

And if you want a clear example of what's considered dumb azz, Just look at my lack of computer proficiency, lack of general understanding of message board etiquette, and nuance. As well as many of my postulations that usually illicit, sarcastic, condescending or snarky replies. I just wanted you to know that you're not at all alone in going through these heavy and difficult changes. Also, you carry great value here, And IF you do choose to leave to pursue new paths, your absence will be significant. But I will respectfully wish you a safe journey and the greatest of successes. Always stay strong! and know that you'll be welcomed back upon any return. :thumbsup:
(And if you ever need to talk about things, just shoot me a PM )k?
I'll understand. I've been through things that would send most others screaming in madness! :wink:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Post#20 » by Revived » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:03 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:Goodbye everyone I am done with everything. I dont care if we win a championship or not my life is over and I have no need for realgm anymore. I thought maybe not writing anything but wanted to let everyone know. It's time for a new life which scares me but I made my own bed now time to lie in it. I'm nothing special but a dumbazz which provides nothing to society so my absence wont affect a single soul. Take care.

Hey man. Just remember everything in life is temporary…even getting with rough times remember the saying “this too shall pass”.

Sports is supposed to be our distraction away from our real life problems. That’s why we watch it. It sucks when the team is garbage and it adds even more stress or demise to our life which is how’s its been for the Suns for a long time until 2 years ago. Now we’ve been a great team for 2 years and the team has been so fun to watch night in and night out. Ya gotta stick around for the ride, you stuck with the team through the crappy years so now reap the rewards of watching the team when it’s great and fun to watch.

Return to Phoenix Suns