Andrew Wiggins appreciation thread!

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,102

Andrew Wiggins appreciation thread! 

Post#1 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:45 am

I've been driving that Wiggins bandwagon on this entire forum since Day 1.
Literally everyone here counted this man out, with the exception of a small group of smart minded individuals.

He's gone toe-to-toe with one of the best players in the league in Tatum and has arguably been the better player of the two. He's had Tatum in shambles. Tatum has had no answer for him & continues to struggle mightily with Wiggins as his primary defender.

I'm so proud of Wiggins. It's crazy because I've watched this guy forever, well before he came to the NBA, and honestly believe he still doesn't give it his all. Like I truly believe he has another gear or two to his game. He can definitely assert himself even more if he wants. (I know I'm not the only one that shares this sentiment. Jimmy Butler would agree.)

Wiggins is CLEARLY the second best player on this Warriors team and if the Warriors end up winning the chip, Wiggins stock will rise meteorically. He has gotten better and better as the playoffs have progressed. And it's become abundantly clear that he's a big time player that shines brighter as the stakes get higher.

Please give this man the respect he deserve and give credit where it's due.

(Also... F*** that Goofy Stephen Ass Smith. Idiot had the audacity to call Wiggins out on Thursday's show and suggested Poole was the better player of the two in this series. Dude hates Canadian players with a passion. That goof is as ignorant as they come. Pay him no mind!)

Read on Twitter
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,392

Re: Andrew Wiggins appreciation thread! 

Post#2 » by Onus » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:47 am

Absolutely Wiggins has been rock solid these playoffs and has been the 2nd best player for the dubs throughout the playoffs. He's been everything that we need
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,572

Post#3 » by JimmyPlopper » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:49 am

Really happy for him. He's very nice and a very good player.
all i see is blinking lights
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,452

Post#4 » by azcatz11 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:50 am

He’s grown into his body at 27. He’s a physical specimen and his game will age like a fine wine.
Young Stapler
General Manager
And1: 5,966

Post#5 » by Young Stapler » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:51 am

He has been so good on offense AND defense.
Loaded_Hollows
Veteran
And1: 3,638

Post#6 » by Loaded_Hollows » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:51 am

Athletic freak. And has been coming up big when it matters. Warriors are lucky to have him.
Admiral-Kizaru
Veteran
And1: 2,516

Post#7 » by Admiral-Kizaru » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:55 am

He's been the second best player on the dubs, and the gap is as wide as a lake. His All-around game and his ballsy hustle plays have helped the warriors so much. Those rebounds he pulled down when it seemed like the Celtics were on their way to pulling away in the 4th was one of the biggest moments in the game.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,072

Post#8 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:56 am

I'm happy for him but my opinion of his basketball skills haven't changed THAT much from his time with Minny. He didn't look very good in GS until the cavalry came. I do appreciate that he transitioned into this lower volume role where his shot selection/efficiency have improved as has his defensive focus. Some 20ppg scorers become complacent in reduced roles so I think it speaks to Wig's team first mentality, which is a valuable contribution in itself

Is he a worthy NBA started? Yes. Is he justifying his pre draft hype or demonstrating elite individual impact? No. I think most teams would be happy to have him on their roster at like 40-50% of his current salary
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,822

Post#9 » by G35 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:59 am

He has been the most consistent...not the best...but he's been engaged in all the games I've seen him play. His defense and his rebounding have been crucial for the Warriors. He's just very active on the court....
I'm so tired of the typical......
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#10 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:02 am

He's been for sure the most consistent Warrior besides Steph in these playoffs and probably in the whole season.

I feared he would pull a Harrison Barnes in the finals, but he's been very good so far.

For the first time since his rookie years I can say that he is worth his contract.
Lock down defender who can score reliably from all positions and rebounds well for his position. That's rare.

I don't think the Warriors would be in the finals without Wiggins.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#11 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:03 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:I'm happy for him but my opinion of his basketball skills haven't changed THAT much from his time with Minny. He didn't look very good in GS until the cavalry came. I do appreciate that he transitioned into this lower volume role where his shot selection/efficiency have improved as has his defensive focus. Some 20ppg scorers become complacent in reduced roles so I think it speaks to Wig's team first mentality, which is a valuable contribution in itself

Is he a worthy NBA started? Yes. Is he justifying his pre draft hype or demonstrating elite individual impact? No. I think most teams would be happy to have him on their roster at like 40-50% of his current salary

You think wiggins is a 12M/year player? Even oubre got like 14M.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#12 » by Badly Browned » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:05 am

I'd agree Wiggin's handle and vision has still never particularly improved from his MIN days, but he's finally leveraging his length and athleticism on the defensive end and on the glass.

It's letting him impact games even when he's not explosive offensively (though bringing a steady 17 pts a game all year).
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
Ein Sof
Pro Prospect
And1: 792

Post#13 » by Ein Sof » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:08 am

Crazy how he was a bust and a loser, until he came to the best system in the league. Now all of a sudden he's a beast and a winner.

:dontknow:
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:11 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:I'm happy for him but my opinion of his basketball skills haven't changed THAT much from his time with Minny. He didn't look very good in GS until the cavalry came. I do appreciate that he transitioned into this lower volume role where his shot selection/efficiency have improved as has his defensive focus. Some 20ppg scorers become complacent in reduced roles so I think it speaks to Wig's team first mentality, which is a valuable contribution in itself

You think wiggins is a 12M/year player? Even oubre got like 14M.

I view him as a 14-16M kind of player. The Oubre contract was a really bad decision

JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,572

Post#15 » by JimmyPlopper » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:13 am

Imagine if the Sixers could trade Tobias Harris for Andrew Wiggins
all i see is blinking lights
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,452

Post#16 » by Jables » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:20 am

You know considering I was arguing with people that said Curry was washed all season, we need a Curry appreciation thread more than this anti-vaxxer "All Star" treated with kiddy gloves. But if Green is a basketball savant to some people I can see why Wiggins is awe-inspiring.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,587

Post#17 » by baldur » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:30 am

He is gonna get a similar contract if not better. Whoever says he is worth 14M is just delusional.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#18 » by Coxy » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:33 am

He's been absolutely fabulous for us. Wiggins and Kuminga for D-Lol? Mmhmmmm :).
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,673

Post#19 » by GeorgeSears » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:41 am

He's an ideal 4th option on a team. He's excelling in that role.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:44 am

baldur wrote:

He is gonna get a similar contract if not better. Whoever says he is worth 14M is just delusional.

He might get a max but I sure wouldn't want to be the team to give it to him... Wasn't that long ago he was traded with 2 FRPs to land another bad contract in D'Lo :lol: Obviously that was an incredible trade for the Dubs and not indicative of his value, but I'm def not buying that he's suddenly worthy of a max. All kinds of players have looked great next to Steph in the Warriors system

Return to The General Board