Best and Worst practice facilities in NBA

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,180

Re: Best and Worst practice facilities in NBA 

Post#41 » by xAIRNESSx » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:33 pm

This basically boils down to a newest vs oldest debate.
Jonny Blaze
Veteran
And1: 1,409

Post#42 » by Jonny Blaze » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:29 am

St Louis has the best practice facility I've ever seen. Anybody that disagrees is a low class person with bad taste.
chuck_wagon44
Senior
And1: 628

Post#43 » by chuck_wagon44 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:48 pm

one of the best:

still the worst:
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#44 » by skones » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:50 pm

dockingsched wrote:Looked it up and that Suns facility shows at a cost $45 mil, which seems pretty modest. Certainly not amongst the best at that cost. Even the clippers spent more than that back in 2008 on their facility.

Cost isn't always indicative of quality, particularly when you consider the cost of real estate, labor costs, etc. which vary from market to market.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#45 » by Stone » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:00 pm

A good chunk of the Nets view of the "Manhattan Skyline" is actually Jersey City, NJ.

As for the Knicks, many of the former and present players live in Jersey. It is way more convenient to get to the Garden and Purchase.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#46 » by giberish » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:40 pm

At this point all (or certainly most) of the NBA facilities are very nice. Perhaps location could be an issue - a practice facility that's not very close to the arena would make deciding where to live for a short commute more difficult - but otherwise it's not going to be an issue.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,945

Post#47 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Nov 2, 2022 1:31 am

The Celtics one may generally be great, but it has at least one flaw. I believe Tacko Fall once got a concussion banging his head on a ceiling, which really shouldn't be a possibility, even for him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2859645-celtics-tacko-fall-suffered-concussion-hitting-his-head-on-low-ceiling
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,021

Post#48 » by Rockazoids » Wed Nov 2, 2022 1:43 am

chuck_wagon44 wrote:one of the best:

still the worst:

If only HOU had 2 backboard & rims.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,212

Post#49 » by G R E Y » Wed Nov 2, 2022 1:54 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Worst: Magic
Best: Warriors
I doubt you've seen the Magic's new practice facility so try again with your pick.

Worst: Spurs

I know this is from a while ago, but someone resurrected this thread, and since it's short I've stumbled on your post quickly. So this response is in general to inform the board of what we're building:

https://sanantonioreport.org/spurs-break-ground-on-the-rock-training-center-development-at-la-cantera/

https://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-sports-entertainment-marks-official-groundbreaking-rock-la-cantera

Our current practice facility isn't the newest but far from the worst. Our new one will certainly be top class soon.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 470

Post#50 » by Future Coach » Wed Nov 2, 2022 2:06 am

Is that really the only practice court that the Rockets have?

If so, that is outright embarrassing. I'm surprised that there aren't stipulations included in the CBA outlining certain standards for a training facility, including having multiple feet of open space around the practice court(s). I've seen high schools with nicer 2nd courts than that.

Also, while I don't think it's the nicest (it's very similar to others), the Bulls also have a recently built practice facility.

Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,178

Post#51 » by Kent » Wed Nov 2, 2022 2:15 am

I love that we're ranking facilities most of us will never experience firsthand let alone step inside.
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
chuck_wagon44
Senior

Post#52 » by chuck_wagon44 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:22 pm

Future Coach wrote:Is that really the only practice court that the Rockets have?

If so, that is outright embarrassing. I'm surprised that there aren't stipulations included in the CBA outlining certain standards for a training facility, including having multiple feet of open space around the practice court(s). I've seen high schools with nicer 2nd courts than that.

Also, while I don't think it's the nicest (it's very similar to others), the Bulls also have a recently built practice facility.

The Chicago Bulls have always had good practice facilities even dating back to the Berto Center. Seems like they stay below the radar in terms of being extravagant like Dallas Mavericks or Cleveland Cavaliers with their practice facilities.

The Mavs practice facility is also low key outdated looking as well. Luka is going to leave that mediocre run franchise.
jasonxxx102
Veteran
And1: 2,732

Post#53 » by jasonxxx102 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:33 pm

If you’ve never actually been to any of these facilities how would you know what the best or worst are?
chuck_wagon44
Senior

Post#54 » by chuck_wagon44 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:49 pm

By looking at pictures and videos, You can tell right away which NBA teams are serious about winning and competing at the highest level based on their practice facilities.

Also, you can tell right away which NBA owners are willing to spend to actually give their team as much of a competitive advantage than the rest. For example, you can tell right away the Rockets owner isn't trying to win or compete because of how cheap their practice facility looks.
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,259

Post#55 » by TheSheriff » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:50 pm

myronbolitar wrote:The Celtics built a new one in 2018: https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/sneak-peek-celtics-new-practice-facility

I liked it when they practiced at a $60 a month gym in Waltham, an hour with traffic from the arena.
canz55
Sixth Man
And1: 2,027

Post#56 » by canz55 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:42 pm

Castle Black wrote:Brooklyn’s is really cool imo. Manhattan skyline in the backdrop.

That's actually astounding. Its something you would expect to see in 2k virtual mythology.
ImageWe the Champs...
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,741

Post#57 » by Revived » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:29 pm

chuck_wagon44 wrote:By looking at pictures and videos, You can tell right away which NBA teams are serious about winning and competing at the highest level based on their practice facilities.

Also, you can tell right away which NBA owners are willing to spend to actually give their team as much of a competitive advantage than the rest. For example, you can tell right away the Rockets owner isn't trying to win or compete because of how cheap their practice facility looks.

Have you heard of the saying “Don’t judge a book by its cover”?
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,460

Post#58 » by jokeboy86 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:11 pm

It's too bad the Bucks dont have a walkway or a tunnel from the arena to the practice facility. That would've been even better.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,505

Post#59 » by BK_2020 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:47 pm

What's wrong with the Rockets facility? Looks good to me
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,673

Post#60 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:09 pm

chuck_wagon44 wrote:
Future Coach wrote:Is that really the only practice court that the Rockets have?

The Chicago Bulls have always had good practice facilities even dating back to the Berto Center. Seems like they stay below the radar in terms of being extravagant like Dallas Mavericks or Cleveland Cavaliers with their practice facilities.

The Mavs practice facility is also low key outdated looking as well. Luka is going to leave that mediocre run franchise.

The Berto was nice for its time but prior to that they practiced in a public gym. I know people who would go there and watch lol

https://theathletic.com/1827039/2020/05/21/images-from-a-simpler-time-when-the-bulls-practiced-in-public/

Return to The General Board