ImageImageImageImageImage

Marc Stein reporting a possible trade of Randle for Westbrook?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,052

Re: Marc Stein reporting a possible trade of Randle for Westbrook? 

Post#101 » by Capn'O » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:50 pm

I don't buy that Westbrook coming here is a real option. If we engaged LAL it's to send him to the Jazz, where they'll cut him and take the salary relief into next year. Lakers get Knicks and possibly Jazz vets. Knicks get Mitchell and relinquish fewer of their own future assets (LAL contributes).
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#102 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:11 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7597032

Jazz get two 1st round picks from Lakers, 4 from Knicks

:-)
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,052

Post#103 » by Capn'O » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:54 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7597032

Did you try it with Conley out of the trade and Rose going to LAL? I would imagine the Jazz would save Conley for a separate trade to garner more stuff.

That trade looks pretty close to feasible otherwise.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#104 » by N Y K » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:34 pm

Is this done yet?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#105 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:03 pm

Capn'O wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7597032

Did you try it with Conley out of the trade and Rose going to LAL? I would imagine the Jazz would save Conley for a separate trade to garner more stuff.

That trade looks pretty close to feasible otherwise.

I didn't. I just wanted to do a trade where the Knicks kept Fournier and Grime and IQ but also got Boj B.
All the shooting! :D

Obviously, Jazz aren't going to do this. At least Conley going in a separate deal, as you note - though I tried to capture that with Jazz getting TWO Laker picks (probably not enough) and still getting at least 4 Knick picks. (Probably still want 5 in this case)
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,736

Post#106 » by aggo » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:53 pm

I would do this trade in a heartbeat
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,274

Post#107 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=IIxv2xq40E16EoGuTothDQ&s=19
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,326

Post#108 » by Hes_On_Fire » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:21 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

What's weirder is some dudes who play ball here and still defend this guy.

I've played ball before too and I would absolutely hate to play with dudes like this. They suck the life and fun out of the game.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#109 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:42 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not for nothing but I think that's nitpicking just a bit and trying to find any reason to attack Randle. Middleton missed what 9 out of 10 times would have been a basket (he was basically right under the basket). And that ball did get a weird bounce off the rim. Also RJ didn't exactly go up for the board either and you can argue that he was closer to where the ball was coming off the rim. Should Randle have been more aggressive? Sure. But plenty of players do that. And Randle looked pissed at himself for not getting that. Also I believe that was the January 28th game where a lot of the Knicks were way off. Burks, IQ and Grimes were a combined -56 in that game in terms of +/-. Was just a real ugly game. Only guy that was on was Fournier. Everyone else was pretty much trash. Barrett was chucking away at a 6-20 clip and he was the only other guy doing anything.
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,561

Post#110 » by Ghetto Gospel » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:49 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not for nothing but I think that's nitpicking just a bit and trying to find any reason to attack Randle. Middleton missed what 9 out of 10 times would have been a basket (he was basically right under the basket). And that ball did get a weird bounce off the rim. Also RJ didn't exactly go up for the board either and you can argue that he was closer to where the ball was coming off the rim. Should Randle have been more aggressive? Sure. But plenty of players do that. And Randle looked pissed at himself for not getting that. Also I believe that was the January 28th game where a lot of the Knicks were way off. Burks, IQ and Grimes were a combined -56 in that game in terms of +/-. Was just a real ugly game. Only guy that was on was Fournier. Everyone else was pretty much trash. Barrett shot 6-20 and he was the only other guy doing anything.

it's more in reference to not helping obi back up
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#111 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:55 pm

Ghetto Gospel wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not for nothing but I think that's nitpicking just a bit and trying to find any reason to attack Randle. Middleton missed what 9 out of 10 times would have been a basket (he was basically right under the basket). And that ball did get a weird bounce off the rim. Also RJ didn't exactly go up for the board either and you can argue that he was closer to where the ball was coming off the rim. Should Randle have been more aggressive? Sure. But plenty of players do that. And Randle looked pissed at himself for not getting that. Also I believe that was the January 28th game where a lot of the Knicks were way off. Burks, IQ and Grimes were a combined -56 in that game in terms of +/-. Was just a real ugly game. Only guy that was on was Fournier. Everyone else was pretty much trash. Barrett shot 6-20 and he was the only other guy doing anything.

Ok but I don't know if that would be that big a deal if it was anyone else not helping out. Fournier didn't race in to help either (for example) and you don't see anyone saying that that's another reason why Fournier is not a good teammate or what not. Randle was struggling mightily by the time this game rolled around and he looked pissed at how the Knicks could have let Middleton in under the basket and probably he himself missing the rebound. I think it's exactly what the original guy that posted this said "he's probably nitpicking". This is basically pointing to a guy that we all know is not perfect, trying to find anything to justify it.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#112 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:57 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not for nothing but I think that's nitpicking just a bit and trying to find any reason to attack Randle. Middleton missed what 9 out of 10 times would have been a basket (he was basically right under the basket). And that ball did get a weird bounce off the rim. Also RJ didn't exactly go up for the board either and you can argue that he was closer to where the ball was coming off the rim. Should Randle have been more aggressive? Sure. But plenty of players do that. And Randle looked pissed at himself for not getting that. Also I believe that was the January 28th game where a lot of the Knicks were way off. Burks, IQ and Grimes were a combined -56 in that game in terms of +/-. Was just a real ugly game. Only guy that was on was Fournier. Everyone else was pretty much trash. Barrett was chucking away at a 6-20 clip and he was the only other guy doing anything.

If it was one time, then ok. But there was a million examples last season between not hustling, not helping teammates, knocking clipboards from assistant coaches, etc. That behavior was really unacceptable and no excuse for it to happen as often as it did.
Mavs
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:01 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

If it was one time, then ok. But there was a million examples last season between not hustling, not helping teammates, knocking clipboards from assistant coaches, etc. That behavior was really unacceptable and no excuse for it to happen as often as it did.

But this was a clip of one specific play and posting it as why we can't defend the player. That play in and of itself is not that bad. If he was laughing then yeah, but he was pretty clearly frustrated. Was it at himself or was it at Obi for not boxing out, or a combo? Not sure. But again guys do that in the heat of the moment especially when they and the team are struggling. Should he have if he was a true leader and a true no.1 guy? No. But we all should know he's not either right? That's what I mentioned previously.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#114 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:02 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Ok but I don't know if that would be that big a deal if it was anyone else not helping out. Fournier didn't race in to help either (for example) and you don't see anyone saying that that's another reason why Fournier is not a good teammate or what not. Randle was struggling mightily by the time this game rolled around and he looked pissed at how the Knicks could have let Middleton in under the basket and probably he himself missing the rebound. I think it's exactly what the original guy that posted this said "he's probably nitpicking". This is basically pointing to a guy that we all know is not perfect, trying to find anything to justify it.

WHAT? Evan was out beyond the FT line. Randle was right there. Looked right at him. Turned and walked away!. :lol: This is exactly the shyt we're talking about and it happened more than once.
:beer: RIP mags
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#115 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:05 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

But this was a clip of one specific play and posting it as why we can't defend the player. That play in and of itself is not that bad. If he was laughing then yeah, but he was pretty clearly frustrated. Was it at himself or was it at Obi for not boxing out, or a combo? Not sure. But again guys do that in the heat of the moment especially when they and the team are struggling. Should he have if he was a true leader and a true no.1 guy? No. But we all should know he's not either right? That's what I mentioned previously.

He looked at Obi on the floor and didn't help him up. Just bad vibes from Randle on that play and all season. I don't get how that can be ignored.
Mavs
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#116 » by F N 11 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:06 pm

Damn I thought something happened
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:22 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

He looked at Obi on the floor and didn't help him up. Just bad vibes from Randle on that play and all season. I don't get how that can be ignored.

It can be ignored if we just simply accept that Randle is not the type of player that most of you guys feel he should be. Constantly badgering and bringing it up trying to find evidence to prove something that most everyone already knows is going to do what? That's what I mean and have been trying to say. It's overkill. The guy is going to be here until he's not here. What is trying to kill him in the court of public opinion (like he needs any help) going to do? How does that help anyone (him or the team or the fans)? To prove you're right? There's no need for it, cause it's already been proven.
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,230

Post#118 » by The Lamma » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:23 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Here's another. Unacceptable.

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:30 pm

Look guys. It is in my best interest for this team to be as successful as it can be. I can't see how having Randle put through the grinder and constantly booed and belittled and criticized repeatedly going to help him or, as a result, this team any. Has nothing to do with being angry about what he is vs what he should be vs what the Knicks need him to be. He's a Knick and as long as he remains a Knick I'll look to support him. For as long as he's on this team it's my best interest for him to be in the best state of mind so that he can best help this team. I'm not interested in getting my anger out (and that's where I think some of you guys are stuck at). I'm not interested in making him suffer. I'm just interested in whatever it takes for him to be the best he can be while he's a Knick so the Knicks can be the best they can be as a team. And I cannot see how what fans and media are doing to him helping. Doesn't mean that the fans and media are wrong about what they are criticizing him about. But what does that do to help anything? The goal is to do whatever is in the best interests of the team or is the goal to be right? Unless the Knicks trade him, and they aren't (does not make sense right now), then whatever it takes to get him to maybe return to MIP Randle is what I'm interested in. What he did last season won't mean diddly squat and I can ignore if he can become the right Randle. And supporting the **** honestly would be more likely to get that good Randle out that constantly being on him and riding him cause you're furious at him. Fans being fans? Mob being the mob? There's a saying about rising above all that.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,967

Post#120 » by knicks94 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:34 pm

I really hope that Randle has the season of his life, makes another all-star team, carries the Knicks to the playoffs so that less than a year from now he can get traded.

Return to New York Knicks