Game 56: Portland vs OKC 7:00pm Root+ 

Post#1 » by Brandon-Clyde » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:30 am

vs

Time: 7:00 pm
Place: Moda Center
TV: Root+

GLB of the game Vanessa Morgan
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,676

Re: Game 56: Portland vs OKC 7:00pm Root+ 

Post#2 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:04 am

1st quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:42 am

2nd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,968

Post#4 » by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:55 am

The offense is pretty beautiful so far. Hope they can keep it up.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#5 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:26 am

3rd quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
m0ng0
Pro Prospect
And1: 149

Post#6 » by m0ng0 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:58 am

Walker is silently putting together a few nice games lately
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#7 » by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:03 am

It seems Portland and Oklahoma City are destined to play closely contested games this year. Hopefully Portland comes out on top this time!
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#8 » by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:04 am

m0ng0 wrote:Walker is silently putting together a few nice games lately

I’m a believer. I hope he sticks around long term.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM

Post#9 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:05 am

4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 10,556

Post#10 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:11 am

Ant had a real rough stretch there trying to make passes into and while in the post. Getting better, though.

Slowly.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#11 » by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:19 am

These refs are getting a bit annoying.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#12 » by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:30 am

Welp, at least this won't be a close loss.

I guess given the trades, perhaps fans should be rooting for a loss, but given how much I hate the Thunder, I don't think I can. :-?
The Sebastian Express

Post#13 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:32 am

Go stealth tank loss!
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#14 » by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:34 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:Go stealth tank loss!

What was the phrase? Competitive losses? I guess that's where we are now. :lol:
The Sebastian Express

Post#15 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:35 am

Moonbeam wrote:

Yeah. I'm fine with us losing now. I don't think there's any expectation to make the playoffs, because you don't go into the second half of the season with only Eubanks and an injured Nurk if that's the case.

If we're going to tank any year, this is the year to do it. I wonder if we'll reevaluate coaching this summer too.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#16 » by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:38 am

The Sebastian Express wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:

Yeah. I'm fine with us losing now. I don't think there's any expectation to make the playoffs, because you don't go into the second half of the season with only Eubanks and an injured Nurk if that's the case.

If we're going to tank any year, this is the year to do it. I wonder if we'll reevaluate coaching this summer too.

It's hard to see Portland contending for even a play-in spot given the roster construction and shipping off decent talent. And despite what was thrown around, I hope Anfernee Simons isn't truly untouchable. I like Ant, but I just don't see him as a guy that end up being that impactful.
The Sebastian Express

Post#17 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:40 am

My prediction for the rest of the season is we stealth tank until we can sit Dame (because if we sit him too soon I'm guessing he'll be upset plus it could cost him an All NBA selection), get a lottery pick, and see what we can get for Ant + lottery pick + future picks this offseason. I'm guessing we'll try to work with chicago to send them the NYK pick plus maybe a second to free up the future pick we owe them.

UNless of course we win then lottery then all bets are off on what happens.

I don't think we'll trade Dame and I don't think he'll ask out.
The Sebastian Express

Post#18 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:41 am

Moonbeam wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:

It's hard to see Portland contending for even a play-in spot given the roster construction and shipping off decent talent. And despite what was thrown around, I hope Anfernee Simons isn't truly untouchable. I like Ant, but I just don't see him as a guy that end up being that impactful.

I wrote somewhere else on here - I think Ant is a great microwave guy. He is not someone you can depend upon to run your offense and when he isn't connecting, he doesn't have a lot else going. He's bigger than CJ and he's historically shot better from the three than CJ, but I don't think he's the guy you put next to Dame.

And I definitely don't think he's the guy you put at the point when Dame is gone.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#19 » by Moonbeam » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:52 am

Moonbeam wrote:

I wrote somewhere else on here - I think Ant is a great microwave guy. He is not someone you can depend upon to run your offense and when he isn't connecting, he doesn't have a lot else going. He's bigger than CJ and he's historically shot better from the three than CJ, but I don't think he's the guy you put next to Dame.

And I definitely don't think he's the guy you put at the point when Dame is gone.

I agree that Ant seems best suited to be an instant scoring threat off the bench. This is what many said about CJ as well, though I think CJ had better all-around impact. I hope the Blazers don't hang onto Ant too long as they did with CJ. I think Ant's scoring numbers are ability to go nuclear could entice a good return. There's still the potential for Ant to improve his all-around game and become an impact guy, and if Portland keeps him, I absolutely hope he shuts me up. :D But I think it would be wise for Portland to explore using that potential to lure a team into giving the Blazers a nice haul.
The Sebastian Express

Post#20 » by The Sebastian Express » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:55 am

Moonbeam wrote:
Moonbeam wrote:

I agree that Ant seems best suited to be an instant scoring threat off the bench. This is what many said about CJ as well, though I think CJ had better all-around impact. I hope the Blazers don't hang onto Ant too long as they did with CJ. I think Ant's scoring numbers are ability to go nuclear could entice a good return. There's still the potential for Ant to improve his all-around game and become an impact guy, and if Portland keeps him, I absolutely hope he shuts me up. :D But I think it would be wise for Portland to explore using that potential to lure a team into giving the Blazers a nice haul.

Ant has a really nice floater, but CJ has a much better all around handle of the ball and his master of the mid-range is insane. CJ also has many shortcomings himself and should've taken more threes when he was here, and he can't really run the offense either and he's got that narrow-vision like Ant does at times (though Ant doesn't have it as bad) but his ball-handling skills are just much superior.

I agree though. Sell high on Ant, get a star back, see what happens.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers