Post#41 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:47 am

Khash went broke; Idk wtf he was doing.

Also, someone tell the team that fadeaway 2's are a dumba$$ shot
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,946

Re: PG Pacers - Ex Bucks > Current Bucks 

Post#42 » by tydett » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:49 am

Man, next game is against the terrorist too? What an annoying game. Bet we come out flat again.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,360

Post#43 » by rilamann » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:50 am

Maybe the Sixers will lose to the Hornets tomorrow and the Celtics will lose to the Blazers tomorrow and this is all be a wash.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#44 » by -Jragon- » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:50 am

slappyg wrote:I suggested before the trade deadline middleton for hield + mcconnell.....would you do it now?

Those of us that accepted the truth about Khris and hoped to package him for value got ripped a new a$$hole.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#45 » by HKPackFan » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:52 am

Good to keep the team humbled they have a stretch of winnable games but need to raise up their level of play.

Took the second half for granted after breezing through the first half.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,006

Post#46 » by Plossum » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:54 am

The Khris meltdown on this board is overrated yet predictable.

He has been getting better each month. If you look at his logs between his return in Jan and where he's at today, he's making good progress. Back to 18/7/4 in March.

I'm optimistic he'll be back around his usual 20ppg by the end of April on good efficiency. His per 36 numbers are pretty much the same as last year and our championship year (albeit his efficiency is down).

His lack of fitness is a worry atm. Something to keep an eye on but no need to panic yet. I think as he gets in better shape by playing longer minutes, his efficiency and defence will pick up.
#LockUpChuck
rilamann
RealGM

Post#47 » by rilamann » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:55 am

PG Graveyard wrote:
rilamann wrote:Bucks were due for a bad game but now you have to probably sweep that back to back with the Jazz and Nuggets if you want the #1 seed.

We had a margin for error where if you lost that Nuggets game you'd be fine. Now you probably have to win that game.

Is Boston winning out? What am I missing with this calculation

If the #1 seed was just between us and the Celtics I would still feel pretty confident, but the Sixers are hot and playing great right now.

What sucks about the Sixers being in the race for #1 is we could have buried them two weeks ago if we give up a 44 point 4th quarter instead of a 48 point 4th quarter.

We gave them life and becuase of it they're going to be a problem down the stretch.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,054

Post#48 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:58 am

I borrowed this from the Bucks sub
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,444

Post#49 » by MrHoneycutt » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:59 am

RubberSoul wrote:Since it’s looking like Khris is no longer a true #2 option it’s stressing me out long term. I know I need to forget about it and live in the moment but going forward we really need a real #2 to magically demand to be traded to Milwaukee for limited assets…doesn’t seem likely lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,054

Post#50 » by Magic Giannison » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:01 am

Lilard is a faint dream, he is too loyal to eave his team for us
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,610

Post#51 » by PG Graveyard » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:04 am

rilamann wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:
rilamann wrote:Bucks were due for a bad game but now you have to probably sweep that back to back with the Jazz and Nuggets if you want the #1 seed.

We had a margin for error where if you lost that Nuggets game you'd be fine. Now you probably have to win that game.

If the #1 seed was just between us and the Celtics I would still feel pretty confident, but the Sixers are hot and playing great right now.

What sucks about the Sixers being in the race for #1 is we could have buried them two weeks ago if we give up a 44 point 4th quarter instead of a 48 point 4th quarter.

We gave them life and becuase of it they're going to be a problem down the stretch.

Have you looked at their schedules? Tonight sucked and the Bucks could certainly barf this up but I’m chalking this one up to one of those nights. Plus we have both Boston and Philly at home. If we lose both of those and they cost us the one seed. We either don’t want it or deserve it.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,600

Post#52 » by Frank Nova » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:04 am

Plossum wrote:The Khris meltdown on this board is overrated yet predictable.

He has been getting better each month. If you look at his logs between his return in Jan and where he's at today, he's making good progress. Back to 18/7/4 in March.

I'm optimistic he'll be back around his usual 20ppg by the end of April on good efficiency. His per 36 numbers are pretty much the same as last year and our championship year (albeit his efficiency is down).

His lack of fitness is a worry atm. Something to keep an eye on but no need to panic yet. I think as he gets in better shape by playing longer minutes, his efficiency and defence will pick up.

I’m probably just furious tonight because of a bad loss but watching him play like that, the whole team for that matter, just really pisses me off lol. Maybe Khris was just my scapegoat for the time being but his inconsistencies should be far less concerning now instead of so prevalent. He’s played 25 games now and I have little to no confidence depending on him in a Boston/Philly series where he currently stands. That’s an issue in my opinion..
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,878

Post#53 » by RubberSoul » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:09 am

MrHoneycutt wrote:
RubberSoul wrote:Since it’s looking like Khris is no longer a true #2 option it’s stressing me out long term. I know I need to forget about it and live in the moment but going forward we really need a real #2 to magically demand to be traded to Milwaukee for limited assets…doesn’t seem likely lol.

I fully endorse this hypothetical Dame demand.

fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#54 » by fan230 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:11 am

blazza18 wrote:
fan230 wrote:Carlisle outcoached Bud. He went with trying to get Giannis in foul trouble. Bud should have made Leonard and Portis as the primary rim defenders, not Giannis.

Bud needs to tell Giannis to sort his **** out and stop playing so scared when he has foul issues. Giannis is supposedly the best rim protector in the league.

Giannis also happens to be our by far the best and most crucial offensive player. Putting him into the role he was put in today as the primary rim defender is a sure fire way of putting him into foul trouble. Teams know now that if they can put Giannis into foul trouble, we have a bunch of three chucking offense; sometimes they work but if they don’t, we have nothing else on offense.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#55 » by rilamann » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:11 am

PG Graveyard wrote:
rilamann wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:

Have you looked at their schedules? Tonight sucked and the Bucks could certainly barf this up but I’m chalking this one up to one of those nights. Plus we have both Boston and Philly at home. If we lose both of those and they cost us the one seed. We either don’t want it or deserve it.

Yeah, Philly has a tough schedule but you never know, the way they're playing I wouldn't be shocked if the finish stronger than you'd think. Same with Boston. Boston's remaining schedule isn't as tough as the Sixer's but I could see them getting it together in time for a strong finish.

You're probably right though, the #1 seed for us will probably come down to us having to beat the Sixers and Celtics in our house in the next 2 weeks. Assuming we don't lose any more games we should win like we did tonight, we'll likley be the #1 seed if we win both of those.

I also agree, that if we don't win both of those, we don't deserve and are probably not good enough to be the #1 seed, both games are at home.
fan230
Analyst

Post#56 » by fan230 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:23 am

Jrue is scoring more than Khris now. Not so in the past. It will be very hard to win a championship with this pattern of switched # 2/# 3
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,042

Post#57 » by Daver » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:31 am

Bad game makes that meltdown against the dubs that much harder to swallow can't lose games like this at home.Gotta hope both the sixers n celts lay at keast 1 egg in the near future as for pat the stench of him stinking goes all the way up to the UP.
Yes midds wasn't very good tonight but he didn't lose the game bud did as did the D but pat is brutal how can he still be getting g the minutes you could find someone in the stands that can shoot better than him
fan230
Analyst

Post#58 » by fan230 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:52 am

Bud is hoping that Pat finds his old shooting touch especially given that Khris is worse in shooting than before.

Normally Giannis puts so much pressure on the defense that our distance shooters often get better looks than they would have otherwise. Giannis in early foul trouble not only takes him out of the offense but also makes it hard for others to get open long distance shots.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#59 » by rilamann » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:00 am

th87 wrote:Not sure why load management was necessary with the next game on Sunday, and the following on Wednesday.

Rest at Denver next week.

My gripe with LM is not even so much about the LM itself, but the Bucks aren't always smart about it. I agree with you 100%, you play your guys in these 3 at home and at Utah and then give everyone the night off in Denver. The game after that vs the Pistons, you probably won't have to play the main guys a ton of minutes to win that game, then rest them in first of the B2B against the Pacers and be ready to go hard vs the Celtics and Sixers. Then bam, #1 seed is yours and you have 2 weeks to rest between the Sixers game April 2 and the beginning of the playoffs April 15 or 16.

Now you're probably going to have to sweep one of these next 2 B2B to make up for this game if they want the #1 seed. And that's assuming you still win the games you should win.

I know some will say that Brook tweaked his ankle in the Suns game, but I don't remember this ever happening and Brook finished the game. So that's yet another odd one by the Bucks. The Crowder one tonight was a bit odd too. In the 30+ years I have followed the NBA, I don't think I have ever seen more guys miss games due to injuries that you never seen happen than I have on this Bucks team over the past 2 seasons.

I still get a chuckle at last season when Grayson missed games because he kept catching a non Covid illness once a week for a month straight. I am assuming he was as sick as Giannis was vs Orlando. I could be wrong though, maybe Grayson really did catch the flu 3 different times in a month. Professional athletes are known to be really unhealthy people.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#60 » by rilamann » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:02 am

tydett wrote:Man, next game is against the terrorist too? What an annoying game. Bet we come out flat again.

After this effort tonight and with what's at stake, I would be incredibly concerned if the Bucks come out flat in any of these final 12 games.

They were due for a bad game, it happens. How they respond with only 12 games until the playoffs is what I am paying close attention to.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks