Drama in the Bucks v Pacers game

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Re: Drama in the Bucks v Pacers game 

Post#121 » by rilamann » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:32 am

They should put the ball in a safe and then award it to the player whose team wins the most playoff games.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,641

Post#122 » by azcatz11 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:33 am

axeman23 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
dockingsched wrote:Ban him from the sideline.

This is a video of the Bucks security grabbing the game ball from a ref.

Eventually, the Pacers assistant coach took it from security. Pacers are trying to say it was to give to Oscar Tshiebwe for scoring his first NBA points. I call BS but whatever. It's over.

Tshiebwe will likely be gone from the league by the end of the season, he'll likely never have a highlight worth immortalizing. Just getting on an NBA COURT, and getting a stat that wasn't a foul or a turnover will be a memory for him. You don't think Giannis has got a gameball before tonight? Not an All-star game? An international game? A Bucks game? Because Tshiebwe's first NBA points don't matter to you, me, or anyone else on the forum, it doesn't, and SHOULDN'T make the moment less special or not worth getting a memento from for HIM.

Exactly. The amount of entitlement in this thread is surprising. You’d think people would respect a rookies first points a little bit more than a guy like Giannis who has 50+ more important game balls than this
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,359

Post#123 » by SNPA » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:33 am

The high road is to let the kid have the ball. Or offer to have it framed and mounted with each guy getting half.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 22,098

Post#124 » by AussieCeltic » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:35 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
Did they all run off? Where’s the video proof of that?

There's not any proof of that. If there was, they would have posted it. I've been asking about it ever since the 2nd page. People are just making **** up.

Read on Twitter
?s=46

All Pacers in tunnel while Bucks all on floor. Keep closing your eyes to the pettiness

The game is over. Unless there is a rule where all players must stay on the floor at the end of the games and hold hands and sing songs together, you’re talking ****.

Hali is from the area. He’s staying on the court to talk to family and friends.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#125 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:35 am

gumbercules wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
No idea, really. The game was quite chippy and Giannis stad-padded a bit at the end to get his career high and franchise record (not gonna blame him for that, though, it was his right). Maybe that was the reason but then again who knows?

Stat padded?

Did you even see the end of the game?

Pacers scrubs and Bruce Brown cut the score to 10pts with 2mims left in the game after Giannis came out took his shoes off and was chillin'.

MIL's bench sucks. Indy looked like they were gonna beat the Bucks scrubs.

That's why the Bucks starters went back in so they could actually win the game, that's how he got 64.

You're being a little disingenuous here. The Bucks starters played a solid 3 minutes of game time, forcing the ball to Giannis (with the refs sending him to the line pretty much every possesion), with the end of the Pacers bench playing. He scored 9 points against the garbage time group before get pulled for a minute, then coming back in for the final 6 points. Definitely star padding to go from 49 to 58.

He's not being disingenuous at all. Griffin knows what our bench is like. That's why he had the starters in longer. And look at what happened when he pulled them. Pacers got the margin down to 10 with still over 2 minutes to go and had to bring all the starters back in. That's not stat-padding, it's knowing what your bench is going to give you and trying to time it so they don't have to come back in.
Circling calendars since 2021
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,377

Post#126 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:36 am

azcatz11 wrote:
axeman23 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

Eventually, the Pacers assistant coach took it from security. Pacers are trying to say it was to give to Oscar Tshiebwe for scoring his first NBA points. I call BS but whatever. It's over.

Tshiebwe will likely be gone from the league by the end of the season, he'll likely never have a highlight worth immortalizing. Just getting on an NBA COURT, and getting a stat that wasn't a foul or a turnover will be a memory for him. You don't think Giannis has got a gameball before tonight? Not an All-star game? An international game? A Bucks game? Because Tshiebwe's first NBA points don't matter to you, me, or anyone else on the forum, it doesn't, and SHOULDN'T make the moment less special or not worth getting a memento from for HIM.

Exactly. The amount of entitlement in this thread is surprising. You’d think people would respect a rookies first points a little bit more than a guy like Giannis who has 50+ more important game balls than this

A rookie who actually just scored his first point in the In Season Tournament final that the league would love you to believe actually means something.

As opposed to the game where a dude set franchise records and did **** no one in the game has ever done.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
carlquincy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,176

Post#127 » by carlquincy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:36 am

Both sides (players & fans) looked so damn petty!! And I loved it!!!!
Wile E. Coyote
Lead Assistant
And1: 991

Post#128 » by Wile E. Coyote » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:37 am

Jazz9 wrote:
Wile E. Coyote wrote:In this situation, regardless of the shenanigans, I actually think the guy who scored his first two points should get the ball.

A player scoring their first points, something that happens to pretty much every player ever, is such a non event when an all time great just scored his carreer high and franchise record

There have been roughly 4,500 people who have played in the NBA and not all of those have scored. It is no small accomplishment to score a point. Giannis does not need to keep this ball when he’s already won multiple awards and a championship.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 1,043

Post#129 » by MiltownMadness » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:38 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
There's not any proof of that. If there was, they would have posted it. I've been asking about it ever since the 2nd page. People are just making **** up.

Read on Twitter
?s=46

All Pacers in tunnel while Bucks all on floor. Keep closing your eyes to the pettiness

The game is over. Unless there is a rule where all players must stay on the floor at the end of the games and hold hands and sing songs together, you’re talking ****.

He wanted proof, he asked for proof. I don't know the point you are trying to make. Pacers assistant took the game ball Giannis would obviously want because a Pacers rookie scored his first points, this was on an away floor mind you. These are facts. It's petty. I don't know how many more ways I can put it
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#130 » by AussieCeltic » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:38 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#131 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:38 am

This is the first time in league history you've ever heard about a ball being saved for a rookie scoring his first points, and these weren't actually his first points.

Congrats, everyone.
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,037

Post#132 » by mediocrityrules » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:38 am

azcatz11 wrote:
axeman23 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

Scoring an all-time franchise record, and his highest ever score in a game. Nah, there's only one ball that he has that's ever been more significant to this point in his career. And this ball is significant to the Bucks as well as Giannis as it's a franchise record, but by all means let's give it to a guy that had already scored points, but we're funny about the IST Final so technically he hadn't, and we better get him the ball because who knows, he may never score another.
Circling calendars since 2021
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#133 » by AussieCeltic » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:40 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

He wanted proof, he asked for proof. I don't know the point you are trying to make. Pacers assistant took the game ball Giannis would obviously want because a Pacers rookie scored his first points, this was on an away floor mind you. These are facts. It's petty. I don't know how many more ways I can put it

There’s zero proof the Pacers ran off the floor with the ball as you are saying. You’re saying they should stand around on the court after the game for some reason?

I think it’s more petty Giannis running up the tunnel, pointing his finger in Hali’s face and a Bucks player elbowing the Pacers GM. Now that is petty.

It’s a ball. Pacers apparently gave it back Giannis won’t even know if it’s the real one.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,033

Post#134 » by Prez » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:40 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Prez wrote:
dygaction wrote:
Every player has only ONE life time first point that their whole family and friends are waiting for. This career high thing can be broke again a week from now for a player like Giannis

Come on lol. There's only been 10 players in NBA history that have scored 65+ in a game. I'm not sure we can so casually say "he can break it again next week" lol.

He can and he most likely will.

The game ball should belong to the rookie. Not even joking around - Giannis has a million game balls and this is low on the totem pole for him. The point total is meaningless compared to the rookies first points

I'm sorry but this is just silly. It's not just a career high for Giannis, but it's also a franchise record, one that Giannis has been eyeing for years and has openly talked/joked with the previous record holder (Michael Redd lol) about wanting to break it. It's a significant and meaningful career moment for him especially at home, and I'm sorry that an undrafted rookie scoring 1 point doesn't take priority over it. Especially considering it's only his "first" points by a technicality and he's already scored points in an NBA game before (in the IST).
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#135 » by rilamann » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:40 am

Imagine if when Jordan scored 69 the Cavs snatched the game ball because an undrafted scrub scored his first 2 points in an NBA game and it actually wasn't even the first 2 points he scored in an NBA game.

Shut your salty ass up, Rick.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,463

Post#136 » by Nuntius » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:41 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
Did they all run off? Where’s the video proof of that?

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Right. The home team stayed on the court for longer to catch up with media interviews with the team's sideline reporters while the away team went to the locker room to get ready for their flight (except the away team's star who had friends and family watching him and stayed back behind). I've watched hundreds of NBA games and that kind of thing happens most of the time. So, no I don't consider this proof of the "Pacers running off to the locker room with their tails between the legs because they stole the game ball" narrative.

But, I do understand where you're basing this narrative off, at least. You didn't invent it wholecloth. You're simply putting a exaggerated spin on it.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#137 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:42 am

AussieCeltic wrote:It’s a ball. Pacers apparently gave it back Giannis won’t even know if it’s the real one.

Read on Twitter

Wanna bet.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 1,043

Post#138 » by MiltownMadness » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:43 am

Nuntius wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=46

Right. The home team stayed on the court for longer to catch up with media interviews with the team's sideline reporters while the away team went to the locker room to get ready for their flight (except the away team's star who had friends and family watching him and stayed back behind). I've watched hundreds of NBA games and that kind of thing happens most of the time. So, no I don't consider this proof of the "Pacers running off to the locker room with their tails between the legs because they stole the game ball" narrative.

But, I do understand where you're basing this narrative off, at least. You didn't invent it wholecloth. You're simply putting a exaggerated spin on it.

Lol, whatever man. You're being disingenuous as hell then trying to frame me as a fool, not jiving with that. Have a good one.
rockmanslim
RealGM
And1: 5,679

Post#139 » by rockmanslim » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:43 am

I missed the game, so I'm going off what I've read.

Pacers are petty af.

But Giannis should've played it cooler. Like fck that ball, keep it as a reminder of how I kicked your ass. Then let Bucks staff retrieve it quietly behind the scenes. But as it played out, they now know they can get under his skin.

EDIT: Ok, watched the highlights, looked like Giannis was stat padding to get to 58? So Giannis subs out to get a standing O. But then the Pacers mop up guys made a run to cut the lead to 9, forcing Giannis to come back in? After he came back in all his FGs were ok...except the last one when they were up 14 with less than 30 seconds and he goes up for a highlight reel dunk, like Zion did at the end of that one game :lol:

Did I get it right? If so then yeah I can see now why the Pacers did what they did.
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#140 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:43 am

Why are the Pacers being so amazingly dumb?

Return to The General Board