2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,854

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 1-0) 

Post#1701 » by Raps in 4 » Wed May 8, 2024 9:29 pm

It's crazy seeing Brunson outplay Luka in these playoffs, and he's doing it without a secondary scoring option to take pressure off of him.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,810

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 1-0) 

Post#1702 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed May 8, 2024 9:34 pm

He been that guy since Nova. He’s just got overlooked because he doesn’t fit the “star” look

And don’t say it’s cuz of size because A.i, Cp3, iT (pistons) were all considered stars
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#1703 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed May 8, 2024 10:28 pm

cgf wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Meat wrote:what happened with the 2019 draft lottery?

You can't expect them to give it too you every time can you? If you see or can find a video of the 1985 draft lottery Stern does a double take look into the hopper and pulls the card with a bent corner, that was the Knicks card inside. Patrick Ewing.

The Knicks haven't moved up in the lottery once since getting Patrick Ewing. Not just haven't gotten the top pick, haven't moved up. If the league was really trying to help us out, you think giving us just 1 night of even just a little lotto luck would've given away the game?

Well I was exaggerating. It's the Lakers who get favor all the time in the lottery, when they have to get the 2 pick or lose it they get the 2nd pick.

What has hurt the knicks was bad signings and injuries, but like the pacers they blew it on a couple of draft picks too. That old rivalry is still there but just not as hot as it was.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#1704 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed May 8, 2024 10:30 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:He been that guy since Nova. He’s just got overlooked because he doesn’t fit the “star” look

And don’t say it’s cuz of size because A.i, Cp3, iT (pistons) were all considered stars

On draft night 2018 I was watching it with my Nephew, he was all in wanting DeVincinzo and I wanted Brunson. When the Bucks got Dante I said we can still get Brunson, but they took Aaron Holiday! :evil:
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,784

Post#1705 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed May 8, 2024 10:44 pm

31since1990 wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:As a Pacer fan that’s watched a high percentage of their games this year I’m fully prepared for them to get run out of the building tonight. Knicks -5 is locked in. I don’t see them having the maturity to bounce back from a tough loss. Hope I’m wrong…. Don’t see this one being a game.

Dude what the heck are you even talking about? We got blew out the water Game 1 vs Bucks and came back and blew them out

A blowout game and losing the way they did psychologically can be very different. In the Bucks series that game one loss was easy to flush, played very poorly. They lost one this time that they coulda/shoulda won. I’m genuinely hope they come out and perform well, I just think they don’t. I very well could be wrong.

But if you think bouncing back from game 1 of Bucks and game 1 of Knicks is apples to apples…. We’re just not gonna see it the same.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,784

Post#1706 » by Pacers_Freak » Wed May 8, 2024 10:48 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
I don't have an issue with people saying it was the wrong call. Donte's sell got the call but the hit itself off the screen shouldn't otherwise have garnered attention late game.

I have an issue with the extrapolation that the game was rigged and all discussion of the game coming through that lens. Knicks got a little home cooking off of a flop, which is disappointing for a team on the other end but nothing we haven't seen for decades of home/away play. Donte falls down and the crowd reacts and it creates the image of a bigger event than what actually happened. The Knicks also staged an impressive comeback and made a lot of big plays down the stretch. A missed call gets augmented BECAUSE the Knicks kept executing well and all of that getting reduced to "well, the NBA wanted them to win" is frankly insulting. The players put the ball in the bucket and kept Pacers players from doing that. Stop us from executing when you're up 9 and the ref mistakes won't matter.

What I do respect is the Pacer coach and players getting less hung up on the officiating and focusing on their own play than some other team and players not to be named. I'm less confident in this series than that one for that reason. These Pacers seem tough to rattle.

I have been impressed with how they’ve handled it. Hopefully this playoff experience is helping them grow up. The Bucks rattled them many times in the last series. Jump on them early tonight and get the Garden rocking and you’ll see them rattled. In fact, they looked rattled to me in the 4th the other night. Maybe I’m playing semantics with wording but my number one beef with the team this year would be their immaturity or ability to get rattled.

The other end of the coin is this Knicks team is exceptionally good in close games. I kept expecting you guys to fold the other night and you didn't. I would say we beat you more than a collapse happening. Whatever's going on with Haliburton isn't helping. I would say he was easily rattled but I'm just not sure what's happening with him. But with him off you're punching above your weight right now imo.

100% agree. That’s why I said rattled as opposed to collapsed. Things got tight and the ball stuck like it hadn’t most of the game. Rattled, disjointed, whatever word you want to use. Now certainly the Knicks D played a part. They were fabulous in the 4th and Brunson was the closer he is. In no way was I selling the Knicks short. Their play and the crowd were responsible for the “rattle.” To your point very few times have the Pacers folded up shop and not competed all year. It does get very disjointed when it isn’t going well.
BrianInPhilly
Senior
And1: 832

Post#1707 » by BrianInPhilly » Wed May 8, 2024 10:53 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:It's crazy seeing Brunson outplay Luka in these playoffs, and he's doing it without a secondary scoring option to take pressure off of him.

His stamina/durability is crazy; able to withstand elite play all 4 quarters is not easy. Of course he's lighter than a guy like Luka but still. Curious how a guy like Brunson trains in the offseason honestly.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,145

Post#1708 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 8, 2024 10:54 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
I have been impressed with how they’ve handled it. Hopefully this playoff experience is helping them grow up. The Bucks rattled them many times in the last series. Jump on them early tonight and get the Garden rocking and you’ll see them rattled. In fact, they looked rattled to me in the 4th the other night. Maybe I’m playing semantics with wording but my number one beef with the team this year would be their immaturity or ability to get rattled.

The other end of the coin is this Knicks team is exceptionally good in close games. I kept expecting you guys to fold the other night and you didn't. I would say we beat you more than a collapse happening. Whatever's going on with Haliburton isn't helping. I would say he was easily rattled but I'm just not sure what's happening with him. But with him off you're punching above your weight right now imo.

100% agree. That’s why I said rattled as opposed to collapsed. Things got tight and the ball stuck like it hadn’t most of the game. Rattled, disjointed, whatever word you want to use. Now certainly the Knicks D played a part. They were fabulous in the 4th and Brunson was the closer he is. In no way was I selling the Knicks short. Their play and the crowd were responsible for the “rattle.” To your point very few times have the Pacers folded up shop and not competed all year. It does get very disjointed when it isn’t going well.

Agree, this postseason experience is great for all of the young Pacers regardless of the whether they win this series or not.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,975

Post#1709 » by tundraknight » Wed May 8, 2024 11:12 pm

The Knicks are the better team, but the most concerning thing is that Thibs is playing 4 out 5 starters nearly the entire game. That’s eventually going to cause some wear and tear.

I guess they don’t have much choice with Robinson, Bogey, and Randle all out.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,154

Post#1710 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed May 8, 2024 11:19 pm

Damn shame refs ruined the first game.

Knicks will likely go up 2-0 tonight.

Can't rely on Hali, Pascal needs to have a big night for Pacers to have chance.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#1711 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:20 pm

jkvonny wrote:Please refs, call a fair game and don't ruin this one!

This going to be a great series.

Gotta feeling it’s another Refs vs Pacers game upcoming
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#1712 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:21 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
31since1990 wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:As a Pacer fan that’s watched a high percentage of their games this year I’m fully prepared for them to get run out of the building tonight. Knicks -5 is locked in. I don’t see them having the maturity to bounce back from a tough loss. Hope I’m wrong…. Don’t see this one being a game.

Dude what the heck are you even talking about? We got blew out the water Game 1 vs Bucks and came back and blew them out

A blowout game and losing the way they did psychologically can be very different. In the Bucks series that game one loss was easy to flush, played very poorly. They lost one this time that they coulda/shoulda won. I’m genuinely hope they come out and perform well, I just think they don’t. I very well could be wrong.

But if you think bouncing back from game 1 of Bucks and game 1 of Knicks is apples to apples…. We’re just not gonna see it the same.

A lot is gonna depend on how well Haliburton is.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#1713 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:21 pm

tundraknight wrote:The Knicks are the better team, but the most concerning thing is that Thibs is playing 4 out 5 starters nearly the entire game. That’s eventually going to cause some wear and tear.

Don’t worry you got 3 refs for 3 players subs
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,646

Post#1714 » by azcatz11 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:23 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
tundraknight wrote:The Knicks are the better team, but the most concerning thing is that Thibs is playing 4 out 5 starters nearly the entire game. That’s eventually going to cause some wear and tear.

Don’t worry you got 3 refs for 3 players subs

Can we get a chant going?

LETS GO PACERS *clap* *clap*
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,010

Post#1715 » by RHODEY » Wed May 8, 2024 11:26 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:He been that guy since Nova. He’s just got overlooked because he doesn’t fit the “star” look

I think these nationally televised playoff games have finally given him the exposure to change the false "non 1a star" narrative.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,010

Post#1716 » by RHODEY » Wed May 8, 2024 11:27 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Damn shame refs ruined the first game.

Knicks will likely go up 2-0 tonight.

Can't rely on Hali, Pascal needs to have a big night for Pacers to have chance.

Haliburton scoring 6 points ruined the game.
damanick10
Starter
And1: 3,221

Post#1717 » by damanick10 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:33 pm

Just can't get into this series I feel like we are just pausing time with these games
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#1718 » by stuporman » Wed May 8, 2024 11:34 pm

A guy who has always been doubted and with each new level or accomplishment he's met with another 'yea, but'. He's not blessed with an amazing body, or speed, or hops but has succeeded at each new level through hard work and dedication to his craft. Nothing has been handed him, he has had to fight for every bit of respect given and often it is given begrudgingly because people don't want to believe that the pudgy little guy beat them.

It's laughable that couch potato fans on social media and forums like this will now say Brunson is a manufactured star as if he's being propped up by others and not by his own hard work. He gets to where he wants on the court through his own skill, he makes the shots, he makes lots of shots while being hammered and draped on by people who have size, speed and athleticism that is superior to his own in virtually every way possible.

Yet, again, at this next level, this elite, top of the heap level in the most important games of the year people still don't want to give him credit for what he's doing. Saying he's a 'manufactured star' but you know what, you're right, he's manufactured. He manufactured this stardom in him with harder work than the people who criticize him can even imagine. Keep doubting him, that's the way he likes it and to be quite honest, Knicks fans do, too.

He's the working man's star, he's not an Adonis at 6-6 blessed with insane hops or some 7 footer with freakish athleticism. He's the same height as the guy behind the register you're buying beer from, he's got the hops of that guy who you play in rec ball on the weekends. The difference between him and them is the hard work he put in to get where he is. So don't respect him, I don't care, but you know deep down what I'm saying is accurate.

Good luck fans, enjoy the show.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,156

Post#1719 » by iggymcfrack » Wed May 8, 2024 11:36 pm

Shaq has gotta be **** kidding right now
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,952

Post#1720 » by Mk0 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:38 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:Shaq has gotta be **** kidding right now

It's f#%king pathetic.
He won't shut up about how he got robbed for the last 5 minutes. He is acting like he is about to cry.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel

Return to The General Board