ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Wed, 8PM)

Moderators: HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36

NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,098

Re: GT: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Wed, 8PM) 

Post#301 » by NYKinMIA » Wed May 8, 2024 1:20 pm

someone please explain to me why we're letting a craptor fan vomit post in our threads?

is it some strange luck thing attached to him or is it a make-a-wish situation?
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,878

Post#302 » by Wildcat » Wed May 8, 2024 1:22 pm

cgmw wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:BTW anyone else think Mitch needs to lose some weight? He has really bulked up a lot, a lot of heavy upper body muscle which may put too much stress on his feet.

He bulked prior, but the injury required him to be off his feet, so he probably weight lifted on top of being "fat" because he couldn't cardio.

If 99% of my potential lifetime earnings of upwards of maybe $100,000,000 could be effected, I’d hire a damn nutritionist and jump in a pool to get cardio.

It was stupid to the point of negligence for him to come back that big on a broken ankle. He wouldn’t be the first big man to lose his entire career over being too big to play basketball on human feet.

Nutritionist, maybe. Pool for cardio? That varies based on the injury and the amount of stress that motion could potentially put on the ankle. I'm sure some of his extra eating was stress/depression related.
LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 245

Post#303 » by LFGK » Wed May 8, 2024 1:30 pm

at some point they will start to double hard off the high PNR, quick pass to the guy at the FT line and a lob over the top to Achiuwa should be there for most of the time he's in the game. Still feel a 105 to 90-95 point win tonight, find a way to win game 3 and then get minutes to Burks game 4.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,329

Post#304 » by Besart19 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:37 pm

Sims > Jackson
Achiuwa > Obi
Burks > Shephard
McBride > TJMcC
Strength and Honour!
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,004

Post#305 » by RHODEY » Wed May 8, 2024 1:39 pm

Lord Commander wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
cgmw wrote:If you ever wondered why the national media is so divisive against the Knicks, look no further than half the country somehow thinking Reggie Miller is a good announcer and insurance/fast food pitchman.

I’m clearly out of touch because for the life of me I can’t understand how anyone could stand listening/seeing him.

FWIW I met Reggie once courtside at the Garden and asked if he would FaceTime briefly with my dad who was literally on his death bed watching the game at a Manhattan hospital. His partner Kevin Harlan was gracious, said hi to my dad and sent well wishes. Reggie didn’t just say no, he flat out ignored me and refused to acknowledge my presence or my dad on FaceTime (literally a dying man in the hospital a couple miles away). He heard the entire convo with Harlan and pretended it wasn’t happening. World class d-bag.

Wow...sorry to hear that. I never liked Reggie but also never realized he was a real Douchebag.

Yeah he's really insufferable. He definitely got his notoriety through his fortunate play against the Knicks. He should be more gracious to the organization and fans. :lol:

ys
Yeah but out side of the basketball related antics I always assumed he was a nice enough guy...I was dead wrong.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,329

Post#306 » by Besart19 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:39 pm

The screen should be Josh Hart or Achiuwa to help Brunson when being doubled and /or traped when Hartenstein is in the game too, or quick pass to hit the open man in the wings/corners when he is out and we play small with either OG or Achi at 5
Strength and Honour!
will
RealGM
And1: 50,009
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#307 » by will » Wed May 8, 2024 1:39 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:Pretty excited about precious …prepare for Chewsanity!

Previous!
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,004

Post#308 » by RHODEY » Wed May 8, 2024 1:40 pm

E86 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
cgmw wrote:If you ever wondered why the national media is so divisive against the Knicks, look no further than half the country somehow thinking Reggie Miller is a good announcer and insurance/fast food pitchman.

I’m clearly out of touch because for the life of me I can’t understand how anyone could stand listening/seeing him.

FWIW I met Reggie once courtside at the Garden and asked if he would FaceTime briefly with my dad who was literally on his death bed watching the game at a Manhattan hospital. His partner Kevin Harlan was gracious, said hi to my dad and sent well wishes. Reggie didn’t just say no, he flat out ignored me and refused to acknowledge my presence or my dad on FaceTime (literally a dying man in the hospital a couple miles away). He heard the entire convo with Harlan and pretended it wasn’t happening. World class d-bag.

Wow...sorry to hear that. I never liked Reggie but also never realized he was a real Douchebag.

You didn't think this guy was a douche bag?

On the court yeah.
will
RealGM
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#309 » by will » Wed May 8, 2024 1:41 pm

Lord Commander wrote:

Me too. I think he has the tools and the motivation to wreak havoc on Indy. He might not have much of an offensive game, but his D is elite, and he's a great help defender. As long as he doesn't try to do too much, and just focus on rim-running, put-backs, lobs and such, he's more than adequate offensively.

Get active on the boards. Finish at the hoop. Don't do anything foolish with the rock. From what he has displayed as a Knick, he's been successful in that type of a role.
will
RealGM

Post#310 » by will » Wed May 8, 2024 1:44 pm

Besart19 wrote:The screen should be Josh Hart or Achiuwa to help Brunson when being doubled and /or traped when Hartenstein is in the game too, or quick pass to hit the open man in the wings/corners when he is out and we play small with either OG or Achi at 5

Hartenstein does have the 3 ball in his bag. Thibs won't allow it.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#311 » by FrozenEnvelope » Wed May 8, 2024 1:48 pm

I feel bad for Mitch but we'll be fine with Precious.

Must win tonight with that klingon ugly mofo Reggie there.

Must play better D and cut down the turnovers.

Keep it close and the Burner will find a way.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,591

Post#312 » by sol537 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:50 pm

They should just switch the Hali pick and rolls and let Hali try to beat iHart or Precious off the dribble… I don’t think he consistently can…
LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 245

Post#313 » by LFGK » Wed May 8, 2024 1:52 pm

screening man FORSURE should be Divo or Hart, both defenders will def go with Brunson, you either have a wide open 3 or said player will have a 2 on 1 lob over the top. Just get the PNR fixed they will throw at us so we dont have a small guy on turner
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,819

Post#314 » by omerome » Wed May 8, 2024 1:58 pm

Question: Because we have so many guys injured and won't be back for the postseason, can we add the guys who likely won't play at all like Shake, DaQuan Jeffries to the active roster? Or is it locked for the playoffs?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#315 » by moocow007 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:51 pm

omerome wrote:Question: Because we have so many guys injured and won't be back for the postseason, can we add the guys who likely won't play at all like Shake, DaQuan Jeffries to the active roster? Or is it locked for the playoffs?

Every playoff team is allowed to have 15 players active and 2 in reserve on the roster (meaning they can play) for each game. So if one of the 15 active players gets injured they can substitute a reserve. The only caveat is that a player added through waivers from another team must have been on the roster (active or inactive) prior to the deadline for playoff eligibility (I believe on or around March 1). Shake Milton was signed prior to the deadline. Both DaQuan Jeffries and Mamadi Diakite are also eligible to be on the active 15 man roster for a playoff series. I believe all 3 are currently active.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,799

Post#316 » by oldshoolballer » Wed May 8, 2024 2:55 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:F*ck Reggie Miller!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#317 » by TKKnicks1 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:59 pm

Lord Commander wrote:

Me too. I think he has the tools and the motivation to wreak havoc on Indy. He might not have much of an offensive game, but his D is elite, and he's a great help defender. As long as he doesn't try to do too much, and just focus on rim-running, put-backs, lobs and such, he's more than adequate offensively.

Lets face it a healthy motivated Precious is >>> a hobbled one legged Mitch. Better help D. Better PnR D. Better closeouts. Precious can even provide some offense from time to time. Ive been screaming at my TV since the beginning of the playoffs to play Precious more. Hes a difference maker!
~I Believe!~
will
RealGM

Post#318 » by will » Wed May 8, 2024 3:02 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:someone please explain to me why we're letting a craptor fan vomit post in our threads?

is it some strange luck thing attached to him or is it a make-a-wish situation?

I'd love to see the realgm terms and conditions that speak to only being allowed to post on certain teams' boards.

You do you. I do I.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,620

Post#319 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 8, 2024 3:17 pm

E86 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

You didn't think this guy was a douche bag?

:noway:

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46[/x]
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,620

Post#320 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 8, 2024 3:19 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:First of all: Get well big fella. He really did battle through the first round and the dirty Embiid fouls. He was a major factor for us advancing past Philly. Grateful for that.

I thought overall he just wasn't really healthy to be honest. His effectiveness was really limited due to his lack of mobility---the ankle just wasn't right and I was getting increasingly uncomfortable on almost every play. I was already questioning whether it wouldn't make more sense to give Precious more minutes.

We can still take down the Pacers with Precious but obviously beyond that things are looking bleek. The Celtics must have one of the easiest rides to the finals. All their main rivals and teams they faced had major injury issues:

Milwaukee without Giannis and mostly Dame
Philly with a hobbled Embiid
Knicks without Randle, Mitch, Bojan
Cavs without Allen
Heat without Butler, Rozier

pretty crazy....

And the Clippers WITH Kawhi, George, and Harden healthy
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks