Dejounte Murray to ORL

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe

tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,128

Dejounte Murray to ORL 

Post#1 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed May 22, 2024 7:05 pm

I know that there is interest in DM to ORL. I was thinking something around WCJ++ but maybe think it's better ORL keep WCJ

What's the offer with or without WCJ?
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 20,637

Re: Dejounte Murray to ORL 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Wed May 22, 2024 7:08 pm

I like the idea of Black + WCJ + Pick(s)
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,527

Post#3 » by Ball4life32 » Wed May 22, 2024 7:12 pm

Don’t think Hawks will want WcJr. Rather trade Murray for a 2 or 3. (Preferably 3) The only one that interests me on the Magic outside of their big 2 is Suggs but I don’t think they move him.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 91,097

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 22, 2024 7:14 pm

I wouldn't trade for Murray, but if I was probably just offer Anthony and future picks leveraging the cap space.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HadAnEffectHere
Sixth Man
And1: 952

Post#5 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed May 22, 2024 7:15 pm

Dejounte Murray's career high in TS+ is 96.

People are really going to have to convince me that this guy is like any good.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,181

Post#6 » by Residual-Heat » Wed May 22, 2024 7:19 pm

The rumor was that the Hawks were looking for 2 1sts and a starter. I'd do WCJ+ 2 1sts (choice between 2024/2025/2026 magic 1sts and 2025 denver1st). If the Hawks dont want WCJ, then send him to a third team.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#7 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed May 22, 2024 7:27 pm

Thought you guys might want to find a way to keep WCJ. If not we'll take him or three team him
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Residual-Heat » Wed May 22, 2024 7:35 pm

Sure, if i could keep WCJ and replace him with a 1st I would prefer that.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 6,030

Post#9 » by Skybox » Wed May 22, 2024 8:12 pm

Be happy to keep WCJ, but he's the most attractive win-now young asset. They could move Capela (or ORL takes him and is salary back as a sweetener). WCJ could play next to or instead of Okongwu (or Carr?).

ORL's got picks to offer, but also could offer cap space by taking back an overpay like Hunter too. This could be big if ATL has some other deal in the works.

WCJ, Cole Anthony, ORL 25, DEN 25, ORL 27 for Capela and Murray

or, simply
ORL 25, DEN 25, Cole for Murray & Hunter (straight into cap space)
QMemphis
Junior
And1: 266

Post#10 » by QMemphis » Thu May 23, 2024 5:48 am

I’ve said it before but Grizz offer Kennard/25 1st for WCJ
Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,629

Post#11 » by Threezus » Thu May 23, 2024 6:59 am

Skybox wrote:Be happy to keep WCJ, but he's the most attractive win-now young asset. They could move Capela (or ORL takes him and is salary back as a sweetener). WCJ could play next to or instead of Okongwu (or Carr?).

ORL's got picks to offer, but also could offer cap space by taking back an overpay like Hunter too. This could be big if ATL has some other deal in the works.

or, simply

I have seen much worse offers than that one and would have to really consider it. Whats the protections like on those picks?
Skybox
RealGM

Post#12 » by Skybox » Thu May 23, 2024 9:52 am

QMemphis wrote:I’ve said it before but Grizz offer Kennard/25 1st for WCJ

ORL needs a Murray in the starting line up before it worries about a Kennard off the bench-if Mosely took him off the bench. Wouldn’t move WCJ for him and already have two 25 1sts.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#13 » by Skybox » Thu May 23, 2024 9:54 am

Threezus wrote:
Skybox wrote:Be happy to keep WCJ, but he's the most attractive win-now young asset. They could move Capela (or ORL takes him and is salary back as a sweetener). WCJ could play next to or instead of Okongwu (or Carr?).

or, simply

I have seen much worse offers than that one and would have to really consider it. Whats the protections like on those picks?

DEN 25 has top 5, I’d want the same for ORL 25 and Top 8 for ORL 27
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,498

Post#14 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu May 23, 2024 2:10 pm

Skybox wrote:
Threezus wrote:

or, simply

This seems a bit rich for just Murray.

Orlando naturally will probably need to overpay, however I think this trade could be accomplished minus x1 FRP at minimum.

If Murray could garner this kind of value he would have been dealt at deadline imo.Especially considering Orlando is absorbing negative salary in Capella.

I like this trade a lot better where Atlanta deals Capella elsewhere and substitutes him with Bogdan.

Orlando has a little under $41m in cap (guaranteeing Isaac) and has to ensure any potential trades dont handicap their ability to make any other significant moves (in which will need to be done if they’re moving their starting center).

They could play this perfectly cap wise and still be able to offer Claxton a decent 4/80m contract. Yes, Claxton may get better offers elsewhere however you also have Hartenstein as a backup option.

Murray
Suggs
Wagner
Banchero
Claxton/Hart

Murray+Bogdan for x3 FRP’s, Anthony, Carter, $18M TPE seems a little more realistic to me.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,527

Post#15 » by Ball4life32 » Thu May 23, 2024 2:36 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Skybox wrote:
Threezus wrote:

This seems a bit rich for just Murray.

Orlando naturally will probably need to overpay, however I think this trade could be accomplished minus x1 FRP at minimum.

If Murray could garner this kind of value he would have been dealt at deadline imo.Especially considering Orlando is absorbing negative salary in Capella.

I like this trade a lot better where Atlanta deals Capella elsewhere and substitutes him with Bogdan.

Orlando has a little under $41m in cap (guaranteeing Isaac) and has to ensure any potential trades dont handicap their ability to make any other significant moves (in which will need to be done if they’re moving their starting center).

They could play this perfectly cap wise and still be able to offer Claxton a decent 4/80m contract. Yes, Claxton may get better offers elsewhere however you also have Hartenstein as a backup option.

Murray
Suggs
Wagner
Banchero
Claxton/Hart

Murray+Bogdan for x3 FRP’s, Anthony, Carter, $18M TPE seems a little more realistic to me.

I wouldn't do it for Atlanta. Cole is too small to play minutes with Trae...and then again I guess it depends on the draft + free agency/trades but hawks already have a logjam at C. Plus those are the hawks 2nd and 3rd leading scorers and the only two guys they have at 2 guard the last two seasons for two guys that are questionable fits + protected picks. Also hawks might have 3 picks in the 25 draft (none that high most likely) ...not sure they want that.
AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 646

Post#16 » by AaronB » Thu May 23, 2024 5:50 pm

Until I see something that says Murray and Paolo have buried the hatchet, Murray to the Magic is a non-starter.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by Residual-Heat » Thu May 23, 2024 8:14 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:I wouldn't trade for Murray, but if I was probably just offer Anthony and future picks leveraging the cap space.

Is it that you dont think he's very good? Is it the fit in terms of play-style? or is it something else?

If I had to bet, I think the Magic FO feels the same way.
Texas Chuck
And1: 91,097

Post#18 » by Texas Chuck » Thu May 23, 2024 8:23 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:I wouldn't trade for Murray, but if I was probably just offer Anthony and future picks leveraging the cap space.

Is it that you dont think he's very good? Is it the fit in terms of play-style? or is it something else?

If I had to bet, I think the Magic FO feels the same way.

I think Denver needs a better offensive player than Murray. And if I can't get one this summer(and maybe they can't), I'd rather not spend my assets on the wrong guy. I'd rather maintain some flexibility for when the right guy is available.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 6,007

Post#19 » by Nyce_1 » Fri May 24, 2024 12:35 pm

AaronB wrote:Until I see something that says Murray and Paolo have buried the hatchet, Murray to the Magic is a non-starter.

https://youtube.com/shorts/e0dayJ3GuiI?si=NHDLgdJdpoqi_KKB

this is as close as what you'll get, lol.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#20 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Jun 4, 2024 3:22 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:Sure, if i could keep WCJ and replace him with a 1st I would prefer that.

Here's where I'm at now

Murray for Isaac / Black / #18 / 2025 DEN FRP maybe a late ORL 2027 FRP?

Return to Trades and Transactions