Keep Baron?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#21 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Feb 1, 2008 2:33 am

GSWhoopfan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i disagree...a healthy Gil, the Wizards would be in the elite group in the East with Detroit and the Clovers.

The Wiz have had years with a healthy Gil . . . bubkis.

He's not as good as his boxscores. His numbers are a function of being allowed to pull a Kobe night in and night out, but he's not good enough to win big (in the east) doing it. Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player, but he is not someone you should invest 25% of your cap in. If there's a lesson in the NBA salary cap era, it's that no <6'7" scorer (not named Joran) is worth max money. Gil's size, his game, his mentality, and the contract he's gonna cost, it's not a winning formula (not even in the east.)
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#22 » by old rem » Fri Feb 1, 2008 8:22 am

yehyeh82 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm more of a Moncrief fan myself...
Me too.....though it's hard to say whether a player can become a good coach. The coaches who are really good...generally were never stars as players. Isaiah is the only coach who was a star player.

There's guys who make a breakthrough from an NBA assistant job....but it's hard to SCOUT those guys,outsiders seldom know who deserves credit for what. A good college coach SHOULD be able to do well in the NBA...but not that many have made the transition. It's a different game. There's different priorities.
CENSORED... No comment.
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#23 » by mistatwo mayn » Fri Feb 1, 2008 8:32 am

crzyyafrican wrote:I love Gilbert Arenas, but the chances of us getting him are slim to none. If Baron Davis plays 82 games this season, he definitely deserves an extension in the range of $16-$17 mil per year. I want a Monta Ellis+Baron Davis backcourt for the next 6 years.

Baron will eventually become a post up pg downlow..

but really, for everyone wanting Gil.... he's got some major holes in his game. I love the cat though
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#24 » by turk3d » Fri Feb 1, 2008 9:41 am

With his recent treatment by the Western coaches and most teams current cap situations, it's very questionable how many will be willing to offer him any kind of deal next season.

I'd say that he will either play for his current deal next year or perhaps (if we have a dynamite season by the time it's over and make some sort of a serious playoff run) maybe he decides to finish out his career here. Who knows? And considering where we will be salary wise next season, just maybe willing to take a more realistic deal such as what some of you are proposing. As exciting as things are around here, there is a great deal of uncertainty as far as the future goes and it looks like we're just going to have to wait and see how things play out.

In the meantime, we have CWeb coming to town, Monta and Jack playing outstanding along with Beans and even Harrington at times. Barnes has finally started to come around and a Pissed Off Baron as we close in on the second half of the season. So let's enjoy it. Things seem as though they might be starting to jell.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Souvlaki
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#25 » by Souvlaki » Fri Feb 1, 2008 6:41 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:I honestly don't see how we can do that at $20mil.

He's having a fantastic season and playing through bumps and bruises as never before. He's definitely putting it all on display, and it all looks really good this year, but on some level, you have to consider the real liklihood of him repeating this year's performance (assuming he does go the distance at this impressive level.)

Baron could care less about the Warriors, except that they write those fat paychecks. You know that little much hyped conversation he had with the logo? What do you think was said there? What do you think Baron took away from that? I'm sure it was something like, "Play your heart out, quit your bitching, be a team guy for once, stay healthy and then ask for a big contract at the end of the year." There's no doubt that he'll be expecting big dollars from the Warriors this Summer. The thing is, he's already making more than he should.

Baron has been for the most part playing at a high level this year. I say thank you and move on. Monta and Beans are the future of the club. We need to start thinking about surrounding them with the pieces for long term success. Baron was a nice stop gap measure to return respectability to the club.
Subaculta
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#26 » by Subaculta » Fri Feb 1, 2008 6:59 pm

LF75 wrote:
Trade Marco and our pick to move up in the name of Love.

Hey LF, what's your take on K Love?

I'm a big UCLA fan, and personally I think he's one of the best skilled big men I've seen in the college game in a while... but I'm not sure how his game will translate to the NBA game.

thanks for the sig Boogie!

Return to Golden State Warriors