Image ImageImage Image

OT: NBA League Pass (broadband)

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

Toro Rojo
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 0

OT: NBA League Pass (broadband) 

Post#1 » by Toro Rojo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:13 am

I wanted to know if International Bulls fans can buy NBA League Pass in order to watch every game online ala MLB.TV
If thats not the case, I want to know if people that can buy it in order to watch it from their TV can "share" or sell their broadband access to others.
Thanks!

P.S: Yeah, I still want to watch my Bulls.
jax98
RealGM
And1: 3,013

Re: OT: NBA League Pass (broadband) 

Post#2 » by jax98 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:05 am

I thought about making a topic similar to this.

If Europe doesn't get the League Pass Broadband option, I'd be willing to pay half your cable League Pass bill in order to get your password for the online service. I'd prefer if it was people who lived outside of Chicago, as I heard something about Bulls games being blacked out.

If you have League Pass you automatically have an online account. If you do not use it and will be willing to sell it, feel free to send me an e-mail.

bullstown4life @ ofir. dk

(Yeah, posting your e-mail as a link version here was a mistake. I get 10 spams each day right now)
Toro Rojo
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#3 » by Toro Rojo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:22 pm

Anyone else?
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#4 » by suckfish » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:42 pm

If I can't buy League Pass myself, then I'll be looking to do something similar to Morten. I'd be amazed to discover that NBA League Pass have passed up Europe again. Just think of how many people would purchase the broadband service, it would be really dumb to ignore not just the people outside of the states, but also the people who live in the states who can't always catch the games on a TV. There's a huge amount of people who are constantly traveling and would love to be able to catch the games on the road.

I really do expect the service to be available in other countries this year.
jax98
RealGM

Post#5 » by jax98 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:59 pm

It's kind of sucky & fishy that we don't get it over here. All that talk about the NBA going global, and they can't even offer us league pass? It's ridiculous.

If all goes to hell, at least you and I can combine powers and save some money. I mean, if you're up for it? We could find someone on the west coast and offer to pay 66% of their league pass tap. It's a gamble as the NBA have been looking into these cases of multiple IP adresses used on the same stream. But if we're in the clear, we'd get League Pass for 1/3 of the total cost.
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#6 » by suckfish » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:04 pm

Sounds good to me.

The amount of games I will be around to watch live will be limited this year as well, so I'm desperate to get League Pass to catch the archives the following morning. It's a killer staying up that late.
jax98
RealGM

Post#7 » by jax98 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:10 pm

We're in the same boat. I'm in worse shape by an hour, so the archieves is also what attracts me.

.. But that doesn't mean I won't stay up in the weekends and/or if it's a top game ;)

But if you don't hear back from NBA.com, then e-mail me. We can figure out exactly what to do.
The Letter V
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#8 » by The Letter V » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:50 pm

If you guys need another party to split the cost with, I would be in.

I think in the states, you get access to League Pass Broadband when you order League Pass on DirectTV for $160.

I know people on the Raps board did the same thing last year, where they got a guy in the states to order it, and they all shared the stream and it worked well for them. As for blackouts, there are programs that can mask your IP address and avoid blackouts all-together (or so I'm told).

But yeah, I need access to my Raps games, I would be willing to split the cost if you guys decide to follow through with this.
LIbullsfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 32

Post#9 » by LIbullsfan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:07 am

I mostly watch bulls games on my tivo and don't really use my league pass broadband unless the bulls are playing the knicks since I don't get msg. I'd be up for sharing the cost for league pass.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#10 » by Hangtime84 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:11 am

Well people i'm in Southern Illinois and have to watch games online b/c we don't' have league pass.

I am a college student who isn't willing to pay the 160. I'll look into it and see what I can do the cable bill is in my name here
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#11 » by theanimal23 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:16 am

I'd possibly be interested. If we can get enough people to split it. I just hope if say 10 Users sign online at once to watch it, it doesn't stop working due to 1) Too many people logged on with the same name and 2) They realize numerous different IPs are using the same Log-In.
The Letter V
Analyst

Post#12 » by The Letter V » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:30 am

LIbullsfan wrote:I mostly watch bulls games on my tivo and don't really use my league pass broadband unless the bulls are playing the knicks since I don't get msg. I'd be up for sharing the cost for league pass.

If noone else goes through with it, I'd be willing to pay half the cost for your broadband account.
Mapelgleaf
Assistant Coach
And1: 280

Post#13 » by Mapelgleaf » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:17 am

I still live in the "Chicago" market, but if you haven't found anyone yet let me know and I'd split the cost (particularly Mort or suckfish who i know & trust) i am probably game.
Websites • SEO • Graphic Design
http://www.AstuteWebGroup.com
kush77
Ballboy

Post#14 » by kush77 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:32 am

It works if you can use someone else's password. I did this last season with some Australian guys on my home site.

I ordered league pass and signed up on NBA.com to watch games online at work. I gave my Australian buddies my Id and password and they were able to use it. And use it to watch Bulls games as well. I wasn't sure how the blackout rules worked but it must go by IP address (I assume, I have no idea really).

Now when it came to watching live games it was hit or miss, but more hit. They keep an archive for 48 hours of all games and they were able to access that with no problems.

Now if you live outside the US and want to buy it for your own use I don't think they have that yet. Or else one of my friends would have done that. Not sure why that wouldn't be available considering the popularity overseas.
The Big Dog
Lead Assistant
And1: 31

Post#15 » by The Big Dog » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:36 am

I live in San Diego and I think I'm going to get League Pass, so we'd get Bulls games on League Pass. The only thing stopping me is the price, so this might be perfect for me.

Now if I gave out my name and password, could more than one of you (and myself) use broadband at the same time?

The Letter V, was that what the Raptors fans did and it worked fine?
"I have not so strong body." - Jonas Valanciunas on why his game is similar to Chris Bosh's.
The Letter V
Analyst

Post#16 » by The Letter V » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:46 am

The Big Dog wrote:I live in San Diego and I think I'm going to get League Pass, so we'd get Bulls games on League Pass. The only thing stopping me is the price, so this might be perfect for me.

Now if I gave out my name and password, could more than one of you (and myself) use broadband at the same time?

Yeah, it worked last year, but I just read something posted on the Raps board about how the NBA is cracking down on this type of sharing of accounts with some new software that might make it impossible to share accounts or have illegal streams.

I think it is too early to tell, but I don't think it would be a good idea to get a shared account now only to find out it doesn't work when the season starts. That's why just to be safe, I want to get my own broardband account.

So if anyone plans on buying league pass to watch on TV, I'd be willing to split the cost, if I can have the online account.
LIbullsfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 32

Post#17 » by LIbullsfan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:58 am

The Letter V wrote:
LIbullsfan wrote:I mostly watch bulls games on my tivo and don't really use my league pass broadband unless the bulls are playing the knicks since I don't get msg. I'd be up for sharing the cost for league pass.

If noone else goes through with it, I'd be willing to pay half the cost for your broadband account.

No problem. maybe have a mod send me your email or something? I don't like putting my legit email on forums.
The Letter V
Analyst

Post#18 » by The Letter V » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:13 am

LIbullsfan wrote:
The Letter V wrote:

No problem. maybe have a mod send me your email or something? I don't like putting my legit email on forums.

Here's my email adnanc AT live DOT ca

Send me a message and let's see if we can work something out.
Mapelgleaf
Assistant Coach
And1: 280

Post#19 » by Mapelgleaf » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:51 am

The Letter V wrote:
The Big Dog wrote:I live in San Diego and I think I'm going to get League Pass, so we'd get Bulls games on League Pass. The only thing stopping me is the price, so this might be perfect for me.

Yeah, it worked last year, but I just read something posted on the Raps board about how the NBA is cracking down on this type of sharing of accounts with some new software that might make it impossible to share accounts or have illegal streams.

I think it is too early to tell, but I don't think it would be a good idea to get a shared account now only to find out it doesn't work when the season starts. That's why just to be safe, I want to get my own broardband account.

So if anyone plans on buying league pass to watch on TV, I'd be willing to split the cost, if I can have the online account.

Probably the same thing I'd want to do too - 1 person to split the fee, and they can have the online side of it ( i have orb.com for online tv so i'd probably never need it for Bulls games).... I am on Comcast, so i cant start until 10-31 right?
Websites • SEO • Graphic Design
http://www.AstuteWebGroup.com
Toro Rojo
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#20 » by Toro Rojo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:10 am

So for the NBA & Stern, you either do it the "wrong" way or you dont watch any games at all. Fck them.

If anyone is going to buy League Pass (TV version), I would pay some for the broadband access (it has to be someone with many posts or some + reputation).

Return to Chicago Bulls