ImageImageImageImageImage

The Chocolate City Jordanaire Appreciation Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

The Chocolate City Jordanaire Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by yungal07 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:48 pm

Dude, you were right about this team. Very right.

*appreciates*
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: The Chocolate City Jordanaire Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:35 pm

yungal, this made me smile but also blush.

I appreciate you and know you've been right a bunch.

Right now, rather than be right or wrong I just hope Flip and the team (with a trade or two perhaps) can change how most of us perceive things to be going right now.
Bye bye Beal.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#3 » by dandridge 10 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:01 pm

yungal07 wrote:Dude, you were right about this team. Very right.

*appreciates*

What was CCJ right about?
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#4 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:24 am

dandridge 10 wrote:

*appreciates*

BLAIR...lol
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#5 » by yungal07 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:22 am

dandridge 10 wrote:

*appreciates*

Just about everything concerning this team. I'm convinced a combination of Ruzious, Nate, and CCJ woul'd do better than our current FO.

I bowdown to the man. He knows his basketball.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#6 » by Dat2U » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:41 am

That DeJuan Blair guy you liked is pretty decent.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#7 » by hands11 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:42 am

dandridge 10 wrote:

*appreciates*

Thats what I was wondering. Not that I dont see eye to eye with CCJ on many things but what exactly are we talking about here.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#8 » by closg00 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Big-ups to CCJ. CCJ is the Godfather of this board and he would do a better job of Coaching, talent evaluation/drafting and player-development than EG & Flip. If i was an owner of this org, I'd hire ya CCJ :)
Cramer
Lead Assistant
And1: 381

Post#9 » by Cramer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:42 pm

Am I missing something or doesn't CCJ turn every thread into one of these threads?
w dumseld
Freshman
And1: 4

Post#10 » by w dumseld » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:48 pm

Ignore the haters CCJ. You were right. Its not just Blair or Chalmers or not taking Opec or that PF at Utah you liked, it was the big call that signing Gil for $111m wasn't the right choice nor was Twan at $50m or whatever and that we needed to start over and that the big three wasn't going to do it. I hoped against hope you were wrong. I'm still hoping Gil gets its back. I wish we could trade for L-Boogie and put him in the rejuvination machine. I still hope that MM will come back and we'll have enough talent to start winning games and then learn how to start winning the close ones again. I see Flip keep starting D-suck and want to hit my head against the wall. What's our record with him starting? I also think back to all of the comments from the sports guy on ESPN that you simply can't win with a PG that has a score first mentality as it takes away from the team game. Even if we got Amare or Boozer would we ever play inside out with Gil. We almost never go to BH in the post. He's gone next year. He's a tar heel, so no fool. Probably going to Atlanta or OKC, somewhere that he'll win. It sucks that you were right CCJ, but at this point it looks like you were. All that hope is slipping away and as a Bullets/Wiz fan of 33 years, I know what comes next. Apathy as the team just sucks and every summer I have to pretend that Dan Roundfield or Pervis Ellison or Harvey Grant or some other player will turn this team around. Damn. I imagine everyone else on this board has the same co-dependent illogical addiction to the Wiz I have, and seeing them not get respect from the refs makes me feel like I'm getting disrespected and is infuriating. I guess when we got the worst possible outcome from this years lottery that it wasn't going to work out well. Oh well, at least Gil is starting to fight a little bit. But his d brings me to tears. Gonna listen to that Jay-Z, Alicia Keys song to try and feel better. Showdy bleep
Cramer
Lead Assistant
And1: 381

Post#11 » by Cramer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:54 pm

I just caught that name....dumseld.

I love Wes (though not as a GM) but that's pretty damn funny.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#12 » by dandridge 10 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Hey, I like CCJ as much as anyone else and a lot of times he has been right. I just don't think he's been any more right or wrong than other people on this thread. There are a lot of things that he's been right on that other's on this board shared the same opinion (paying Gil so much money, selecting Blair). However, there have also been a lot of things I think he has been wrong on (I could be wrong, but when Pecherov began playing the season well for MN, he said he knew Pech would fourish somewhere else). And while I don't oppose playing Young and Blatche more, I also think CCJ is wrong that this team would be better by just inserting Young and Blatche in the starting line-up. And, at the very least, until that happens and its shown to be a success, CCJ hasn't been proven right yet with any of his rotation suggestions. Based on what I have watched of this season thus far, this team has sucked irregardless of which rotations have been in the line-up.

The bottom line is I'm not "hating" on CCJ. Like I said, I like CCJ and respect his posts a lot. The thing I respect the most about him is he ADMITS when he is proven wrong. The thing I don't understand is having an appreciation thread for one person whose opinion has been right on occasion. If we are going to be doing that, we might as well have an appreciation thread for Nate, Dat2U, Fish, SecretWeapon, Barleyawake, and a host of other posters on this board, because they have been also been right (and wrong) about a few things too.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#13 » by Hoopalotta » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:24 pm

dandridge 10 wrote: If we are going to be doing that, we might as well have an appreciation thread for Nate, Dat2U, Fish, SecretWeapon, Barleyawake, and a host of other posters on this board, because they have been also been right (and wrong) about a few things too.

Somehow this reminds me of the controversy that just came up about that league wide Jordan Jersey retirement thing.
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 552

Post#14 » by daSwami » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:11 pm

Most. Superfluous. Thread. Ever.

ibtl
:banghead:
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#15 » by keynote » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:33 pm

It's a pretty bleak season when we have to start writing appreciation (and, inevitably, sucky?) threads for fellow posters to stay entertained.

But hey; I'm all for words of affirmation. So, kudos to you, CCJ; and kudos again.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
AlohaWiz
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#16 » by AlohaWiz » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:38 am

dandridge 10 wrote:Hey, I like CCJ as much as anyone else and a lot of times he has been right. I just don't think he's been any more right or wrong than other people on this thread. There are a lot of things that he's been right on that other's on this board shared the same opinion (paying Gil so much money, selecting Blair). However, there have also been a lot of things I think he has been wrong on (I could be wrong, but when Pecherov began playing the season well for MN, he said he knew Pech would fourish somewhere else). And while I don't oppose playing Young and Blatche more, I also think CCJ is wrong that this team would be better by just inserting Young and Blatche in the starting line-up. And, at the very least, until that happens and its shown to be a success, CCJ hasn't been proven right yet with any of his rotation suggestions. Based on what I have watched of this season thus far, this team has sucked irregardless of which rotations have been in the line-up.

The bottom line is I'm not "hating" on CCJ. Like I said, I like CCJ and respect his posts a lot. The thing I respect the most about him is he ADMITS when he is proven wrong. The thing I don't understand is having an appreciation thread for one person whose opinion has been right on occasion. If we are going to be doing that, we might as well have an appreciation thread for Nate, Dat2U, Fish, SecretWeapon, Barleyawake, and a host of other posters on this board, because they have been also been right (and wrong) about a few things too.

Gotta agree here. I respect CCJ's posts, but there are many other posters who've accurately pointed out problems with this team. Not sure how any one person stands out above the others?
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 262

Post#17 » by Ed Wood » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:10 am

Well if nobody's hating on CCJ then I imagine there are quite a few haters around not doing their job and feeling underutilized. Any haters here that need somebody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.

-Ed

Yeah yeah, Katt Williams. Don't I know it, hate on me for it.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#18 » by Ruzious » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:08 pm

We at the UHA (Underutilized Haters Association) appreciate Ed Wood's gesture, but how can we hate anyone but the weatherman now (sorry Ji). CCJ's most recent award was Man of the Year of the UPFC (Undersized PF Club). And he's been right more than me about the Zards - now there's... a left-handed compliment. We should have a CCJ roast here. Where's Don Rickles and Foster Brooks?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#19 » by doclinkin » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Ed Wood wrote:Well if nobody's hating on CCJ then I imagine there are quite a few haters around not doing their job and feeling underutilized. Any haters here that need somebody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.

-Ed

Yeah yeah, Katt Williams. Don't I know it, hate on me for it.

Shxt. That Ed Wood. Darn that guy. What a something, something, something.

Hoopalotta wrote:
dandridge 10 wrote: If we are going to be doing that, we might as well have an appreciation thread for Nate, Dat2U, Fish, SecretWeapon, Barleyawake, and a host of other posters on this board, because they have been also been right (and wrong) about a few things too.

Somehow this reminds me of the controversy that just came up about that league wide Jordan Jersey retirement thing.

Prexactly. We got one of those, it's called the HOF thread.
dorianwrite
Rookie
And1: 272

A Public Apology to CCJ 

Post#20 » by dorianwrite » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:04 pm

We've reached almost the half-way point in the season, so it's now time for a public apology to CCJ. While I did not ridicule the Spurs selecting Dejuan Blair as late in the draft as they did, I did deride CCJ's seeming single-minded obsession with Blair, considering his height and injury history.

But Blair's averaging 7.2 points and 6.2 rebounds, and while those may look like modest numbers, they're good for a rookie, and Blair seems pretty consistent and has remained healthy. I still doubt he'll ever be a starter, but the Wizards could surely use his bulk and rebounding off the bench.

So my public apologies to CCJ: thus far, you were much more right about Blair than I was, and props to you for it.

Return to Washington Wizards