Image ImageImage Image

Zach LaVine Rookie Extension - what to do?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, RedBulls23, Payt10, Ice Man, kulaz3000, fleet, GimmeDat

riprose
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Re: Zach LaVine Rookie Extension - what to do? 

Post#1581 » by riprose » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:43 am

Does zack prove any other than dunk contest? Didn't he have enough time to prove himself? To me, he is a six man type player like crawford. A good player but far from a superstar...
BigJimFinn
Sophomore
And1: 102

Post#1582 » by BigJimFinn » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:23 am

sco wrote:
I would sign Nwaba and let him start. It would allow us to go with an offense-oriented SF like Porter.

With a starting backcourt of Dunn and Nwaba the Bulls wouldn't score 90 points per game. Offensively, that is a homeless man's version of Rondo and Wade. Of course that could be a masterstroke for an unstoppable tanking strategy, while keeping and developing a couple of players who could be later very useful in different roles.
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 181

Post#1583 » by xpmar9x » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:41 am

BigJimFinn wrote:
sco wrote:
I would sign Nwaba and let him start. It would allow us to go with an offense-oriented SF like Porter.

With a starting backcourt of Dunn and Nwaba the Bulls wouldn't score 90 points per game. Offensively, that is a homeless man's version of Rondo and Wade. Of course that could be a masterstroke for an unstoppable tanking strategy, while keeping and developing a couple of players who could be later very useful in different roles.

Dunn showed flashes of being a solid scoring contributor last year, if he grew on that I could get behind a Dunn-Nwaba-MPJ-Lauri-___ lineup. Dunn/Nwaba defensively would be fun to watch. Obviously would need MPJ/Lauri to develop into 20+ ppg guys for it to work. Resign Lavine to a 2yr (2nd yr tm option) deal after a hold-out/no big$ offers (similar to what happened w Miro last yr). We find out MPJ/Lavine doesn't work the greatest together, flip Lavine for assets after he hopefully has a healthy productive 18-19 campaign. Those trade assets + cap space + Lauri/MPJ/Dunn could have us competing.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 7,194

Post#1584 » by kodo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Chi town wrote:So let’s say Zach walks... we don’t match.

Do we sign Buddy’s Hield? Dante Exum?

Who is the replacement? Val doesn’t count.

I don't think it looks pretty...SG is the weakest position in the league and the most in-demand for a high caliber one. It's the worst supply vs demand situation right now. JJ Redick getting a $23M deal, Evan Turner getting $19M, KCP getting $18M, Alan Crabbe getting $18M, all prove that.

- Tyreke Evans (age 28), 19.4 ppg, $3.3M (he's not going to sign again for $3M, he only did it to get a big contract this season)
- JJ redick (33), 17.1 ppg, $23M
- Zach Lavine (22), 17 ppg, TBD
- Will Barton (27), 16 ppg, $3.5M (also not going to resign for $3M)
- Rodney Hood, Restricted will be matched
- Bradley, expected to be retained by LAC since they traded for him
- KCP (25), 13 ppg, $17.7M
- Gerald Green (32), 12 ppg, $1.3m

Other young gambles
- Hezonja
- Kyle Anderson
- Nik Stauskas
- Patrick McCaw
sco
RealGM
And1: 2,104

Post#1585 » by sco » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:52 pm

kodo wrote:
Chi town wrote:So let’s say Zach walks... we don’t match.

Do we sign Buddy’s Hield? Dante Exum?

Who is the replacement? Val doesn’t count.

I don't think it looks pretty...SG is the weakest position in the league and the most in-demand for a high caliber one. It's the worst supply vs demand situation right now. JJ Redick getting a $23M deal, Evan Turner getting $19M, KCP getting $18M, Alan Crabbe getting $18M, all prove that.

- Tyreke Evans (age 28), 19.4 ppg, $3.3M (he's not going to sign again for $3M, he only did it to get a big contract this season)
- JJ redick (33), 17.1 ppg, $23M
- Zach Lavine (22), 17 ppg, TBD
- Will Barton (27), 16 ppg, $3.5M (also not going to resign for $3M)
- Rodney Hood, Restricted will be matched
- Bradley, expected t