Image ImageImage Image

What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , dougthonus, GimmeDat, DASMACKDOWN, Payt10, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, Ice Man

User avatar
prolific passer
Senior
Posts: 563
And1: 151
Joined: Mar 11, 2009

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#21 » by prolific passer » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:48 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Right off the bat, I think we beat the Wizards. Our lack of size and post scoring really hurt us in that series. We were basically the hottest team in the league when Curry was ruled out by the team.

As for his future, it's my belief that he would have done better here than in NY. Curry seemed to be turning the corner during his last few years in Chicago, and I think Skiles would have continued to get more out of him than most coaches. He would always be a liability on the boards and defensively, but clearly we found a system that worked. That team just had insane chemistry and played for one another. Unlike the rest of the Gordon/Hinrich/Deng teams, that one was actually pretty talented and deep and didn't always have to play "above their level" to win.

That 05 team was deep. Curry, Davis, Deng, Hinrich, And Duhon starting. Chandler, Othello, Noc, Gordon, Pargo. Only person that played over 30mpg was Kirk.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 51,259
And1: 18,466
Joined: Dec 23, 2002
     

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#22 » by fleet » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:36 pm

Eddy Curry was never a good NBA center in any basketball way. If he never had the heart problem he would have kept killing our offense and defense and rebounding.
Try the Trump Tax Calculator!

JackFinn wrote:I see you're back from a trip at the smarty pants store.
RSP83
Analyst
Posts: 3,298
And1: 1,544
Joined: Sep 14, 2010
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
       

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#23 » by RSP83 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:43 am

We would've probably kept Chandler as well. But I don't see how Chandler and Curry would ever work. They're complementing each other well (Chandler rebounding and defense, Curry offense on the low post), but there's still lots of gaps as well. Chandler wouldn't get much chance to do the pick and roll to the rim action that becomes his bread and butter with CP in New Orleans, and probably his only reliable scoring move throughout his career. Curry really can't do much other thing other than use his body to give us easy points. We also see now that Curry was never go-to-guy / franchise player material mentally. So we won that trade clearly. Jo was a legit All-Star caliber big.. Curry was basically Stanley Roberts.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 51,259
And1: 18,466
Joined: Dec 23, 2002
     

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#24 » by fleet » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:50 am

RSP83 wrote:We would've probably kept Chandler as well. But I don't see how Chandler and Curry would ever work. They're complementing each other well (Chandler rebounding and defense, Curry offense on the low post), but there's still lots of gaps as well. Chandler wouldn't get much chance to do the pick and roll to the rim action that becomes his bread and butter with CP in New Orleans, and probably his only reliable scoring move throughout his career. Curry really can't do much other thing other than use his body to give us easy points. We also see now that Curry was never go-to-guy / franchise player material mentally. So we won that trade clearly. Jo was a legit All-Star caliber big.. Curry was basically Stanley Roberts.

Don't insult Stanley like that, he probably hurt his teams less than Eddy did.
Try the Trump Tax Calculator!

JackFinn wrote:I see you're back from a trip at the smarty pants store.
RSP83
Analyst
Posts: 3,298
And1: 1,544
Joined: Sep 14, 2010
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
       

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#25 » by RSP83 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:37 am

fleet wrote:
RSP83 wrote:We would've probably kept Chandler as well. But I don't see how Chandler and Curry would ever work. They're complementing each other well (Chandler rebounding and defense, Curry offense on the low post), but there's still lots of gaps as well. Chandler wouldn't get much chance to do the pick and roll to the rim action that becomes his bread and butter with CP in New Orleans, and probably his only reliable scoring move throughout his career. Curry really can't do much other thing other than use his body to give us easy points. We also see now that Curry was never go-to-guy / franchise player material mentally. So we won that trade clearly. Jo was a legit All-Star caliber big.. Curry was basically Stanley Roberts.

Don't insult Stanley like that, he probably hurt his teams less than Eddy did.


LOL
dpucane
Sophomore
Posts: 132
And1: 29
Joined: Feb 07, 2009

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#26 » by dpucane » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:19 pm

Eddy's problem wasn't physical, it was mental.

He just didn't love basketball.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app
HoopsterJones
RealGM
Posts: 10,214
And1: 7,367
Joined: Feb 22, 2014

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#27 » by HoopsterJones » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 pm

What if Eddy Curry could grab rebounds and play defense?
2019-2020 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 35-47
1 All Star: Markkanen or LaVine
All Rookie 2nd Team: Coby White
User avatar
MrFortune3
Head Coach
Posts: 6,655
And1: 2,161
Joined: Jul 03, 2010
         

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#28 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:59 pm

The issue with Curry was work ethic and drive, not the heart issue.
He should have been one of the best big men in the NBA and a dominant force, he just didn't put in the work to do it.

I don't think much would have been different for him or the Bulls.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 51,259
And1: 18,466
Joined: Dec 23, 2002
     

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#29 » by fleet » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:What if Eddy Curry could grab rebounds and play defense?

Then his value would have been on defense and the glass only. One of the epic NBA black holes on offense we have seen.
Try the Trump Tax Calculator!

JackFinn wrote:I see you're back from a trip at the smarty pants store.
User avatar
Shill
RealGM
Posts: 20,418
And1: 5,292
Joined: Nov 14, 2006
Location: Rebuild Loop
 

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#30 » by Shill » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:10 pm

What was the "Eddy Curry" stat?

Was it turnovers > assists + steals + blocks?

And on top of that, he had the bad rebounding and poor effort.

I think '04-05 was probably his ceiling even though he might've had a statistically better season in New York.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
User avatar
holv03
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,905
And1: 1,481
Joined: May 11, 2001
Location: Cheshire, CT
       

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#31 » by holv03 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:51 pm

The real question should be what if we never traded Elton Brand and Ron Artest? What type of team we could off been down the road. Also if we stayed with Crawford and built around these 3 players.
User avatar
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 28,222
And1: 16,830
Joined: Aug 17, 2009
 

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#32 » by HomoSapien » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:53 pm

holv03 wrote:The real question should be what if we never traded Elton Brand and Ron Artest? What type of team we could off been down the road. Also if we stayed with Crawford and built around these 3 players.


Add in Brad Miller and that's a fairly interesting core.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
User avatar
Shill
RealGM
Posts: 20,418
And1: 5,292
Joined: Nov 14, 2006
Location: Rebuild Loop
 

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#33 » by Shill » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:58 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
holv03 wrote:The real question should be what if we never traded Elton Brand and Ron Artest? What type of team we could off been down the road. Also if we stayed with Crawford and built around these 3 players.


Add in Brad Miller and that's a fairly interesting team.




The Bulls have been a maddening mix of ill-advised trades, injuries, and players peaking at inconvenient times.

Healthy Rose and prime Butler would've been a hell of a backcourt duo.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 62,174
And1: 24,482
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#34 » by DuckIII » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:37 pm

Eddy Curry’s heart condition, which thankfully did not lead to an acute medical tragedy, is one of the luckier things that ever happened to John Paxson.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
User avatar
TheStig
RealGM
Posts: 12,809
And1: 3,099
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
Location: Get rid of GarPaxDorf

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#35 » by TheStig » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:03 am

HomoSapien wrote:
holv03 wrote:The real question should be what if we never traded Elton Brand and Ron Artest? What type of team we could off been down the road. Also if we stayed with Crawford and built around these 3 players.


Add in Brad Miller and that's a fairly interesting core.

And actually got Tmac to sign here.

Return to Chicago Bulls