Image ImageImage Image

What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,266

Re: What if... Eddy Curry never have The heart problem? 

Post#21 » by prolific passer » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:48 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Right off the bat, I think we beat the Wizards. Our lack of size and post scoring really hurt us in that series. We were basically the hottest team in the league when Curry was ruled out by the team.

As for his future, it's my belief that he would have done better here than in NY. Curry seemed to be turning the corner during his last few years in Chicago, and I think Skiles would have continued to get more out of him than most coaches. He would always be a liability on the boards and defensively, but clearly we found a system that worked. That team just had insane chemistry and played for one another. Unlike the rest of the Gordon/Hinrich/Deng teams, that one was actually pretty talented and deep and didn't always have to play "above their level" to win.

That 05 team was deep. Curry, Davis, Deng, Hinrich, And Duhon starting. Chandler, Othello, Noc, Gordon, Pargo. Only person that played over 30mpg was Kirk.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,338

Post#22 » by fleet » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:36 pm

Eddy Curry was never a good NBA center in any basketball way. If he never had the heart problem he would have kept killing our offense and defense and rebounding.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,906

Post#23 » by RSP83 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:43 am

We would've probably kept Chandler as well. But I don't see how Chandler and Curry would ever work. They're complementing each other well (Chandler rebounding and defense, Curry offense on the low post), but there's still lots of gaps as well. Chandler wouldn't get much chance to do the pick and roll to the rim action that becomes his bread and butter with CP in New Orleans, and probably his only reliable scoring move throughout his career. Curry really can't do much other thing other than use his body to give us easy points. We also see now that Curry was never go-to-guy / franchise player material mentally. So we won that trade clearly. Jo was a legit All-Star caliber big.. Curry was basically Stanley Roberts.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#24 » by fleet » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:50 am

RSP83 wrote:We would've probably kept Chandler as well. But I don't see how Chandler and Curry would ever work. They're complementing each other well (Chandler rebounding and defense, Curry offense on the low post), but there's still lots of gaps as well. Chandler wouldn't get much chance to do the pick and roll to the rim action that becomes his bread and butter with CP in New Orleans, and probably his only reliable scoring move throughout his career. Curry really can't do much other thing other than use his body to give us easy points. We also see now that Curry was never go-to-guy / franchise player material mentally. So we won that trade clearly. Jo was a legit All-Star caliber big.. Curry was basically Stanley Roberts.

Don't insult Stanley like that, he probably hurt his teams less than Eddy did.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,906

Post#25 » by RSP83 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:37 am

fleet wrote:
RSP83 wrote:We would've probably kept Chandler as well. But I don't see how Chandler and Curry would ever work. They're complementing each other well (Chandler rebounding and defense, Curry offense on the low post), but there's still lots of gaps as well. Chandler wouldn't get much chance to do the pick and roll to the rim action that becomes his bread and butter with CP in New Orleans, and probably his only reliable scoring move throughout his career. Curry really can't do much other thing other than use his body to give us easy points. We also see now that Curry was never go-to-guy / franchise player material mentally. So we won that trade clearly. Jo was a legit All-Star caliber big.. Curry was basically Stanley Roberts.

Don't insult Stanley like that, he probably hurt his teams less than Eddy did.

LOL
dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#26 » by dpucane » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:19 pm

Eddy's problem wasn't physical, it was mental.

He just didn't love basketball.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,332

Post#27 » by HoopsterJones » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:15 pm

What if Eddy Curry could grab rebounds and play defense?
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#28 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:59 pm

The issue with Curry was work ethic and drive, not the heart issue.
He should have been one of the best big men in the NBA and a dominant force, he just didn't put in the work to do it.

I don't think much would have been different for him or the Bulls.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#29 » by fleet » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:02 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:What if Eddy Curry could grab rebounds and play defense?

Then his value would have been on defense and the glass only. One of the epic NBA black holes on offense we have seen.
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#30 » by Shill » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:10 pm

What was the "Eddy Curry" stat?

Was it turnovers > assists + steals + blocks?

And on top of that, he had the bad rebounding and poor effort.

I think '04-05 was probably his ceiling even though he might've had a statistically better season in New York.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
holv03
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,803

Post#31 » by holv03 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:51 pm

The real question should be what if we never traded Elton Brand and Ron Artest? What type of team we could off been down the road. Also if we stayed with Crawford and built around these 3 players.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,173

Post#32 » by HomoSapien » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:53 pm

holv03 wrote:The real question should be what if we never traded Elton Brand and Ron Artest? What type of team we could off been down the road. Also if we stayed with Crawford and built around these 3 players.

Add in Brad Miller and that's a fairly interesting core.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#33 » by Shill » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:58 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
holv03 wrote:The real question should be what if we never traded Elton Brand and Ron Artest? What type of team we could off been down the road. Also if we stayed with Crawford and built around these 3 players.

Add in Brad Miller and that's a fairly interesting team.

The Bulls have been a maddening mix of ill-advised trades, injuries, and players peaking at inconvenient times.

Healthy Rose and prime Butler would've been a hell of a backcourt duo.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,528

Post#34 » by DuckIII » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:37 pm

Eddy Curry’s heart condition, which thankfully did not lead to an acute medical tragedy, is one of the luckier things that ever happened to John Paxson.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#35 » by TheStig » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:03 am

HomoSapien wrote:

Add in Brad Miller and that's a fairly interesting core.

And actually got Tmac to sign here.

Return to Chicago Bulls