Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,501

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1081 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 pm

ToneLocc wrote:Not sure where this rumor came from or the legitimacy of it.... Clarkson + 5 for Lavine + 7

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2019/06/16/cleveland-cavaliers-weighing-pros-cons-trading-for-zach-lavine/

What are your guys' thoughts on it? He's under contract for 3 more years, at around $20m per season. Definitely would give a big boost to our team.... I'm just not sure Chicago does it.
I think we'd have to trade Sexton after this. You couldn't start those two in the same backcourt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
MorleyGrape1
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#1082 » by MorleyGrape1 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:15 am

ToneLocc wrote:Not sure where this rumor came from or the legitimacy of it.... Clarkson + 5 for Lavine + 7

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2019/06/16/cleveland-cavaliers-weighing-pros-cons-trading-for-zach-lavine/

What are your guys' thoughts on it? He's under contract for 3 more years, at around $20m per season. Definitely would give a big boost to our team.... I'm just not sure Chicago does it.

I saw that, that's a value win for the cavs no doubt and I don't think Chicago would do it...but Lavine is pretty bad defensively from what I have seen.
substancej
Junior
And1: 490

Post#1083 » by substancej » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:45 am

MorleyGrape1 wrote:

I saw that, that's a value win for the cavs no doubt and I don't think Chicago would do it...but Lavine is pretty bad defensively from what I have seen.

Can't be worse than Sexton defensively. Not even a knock on his game. I like Sexton.
Kevin Love finna get traded
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1084 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:10 pm

substancej wrote:
MorleyGrape1 wrote:

Can't be worse than Sexton defensively. Not even a knock on his game. I like Sexton.

Both Sexton and LaVine play exactly zero defense. You couldn't start them together. One of them would have to come off the bench. I'd say it would be trading yourself into a Kyrie/Dion situation except that Dion could at least play passable on-the-ball defense. Words fail me when it comes to expressing just how bad a Sexton/LaVine back court would be defensively.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#1085 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:11 am

Cavs are not trading for Lavine
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
ToneLocc
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#1086 » by ToneLocc » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Take this FWIW....
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1087 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:39 pm

ToneLocc wrote:
Read on Twitter

Take this FWIW....

this is bogus imo coming from ATL
Cavs unlikely to accept 10 and 17 just for 5 without Love included and a lot more coming back if he was
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#1088 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Stillwater wrote:
ToneLocc wrote:
Read on Twitter

Take this FWIW....

this is bogus imo coming from ATL
Cavs unlikely to accept 10 and 17 just for 5 without Love included and a lot more coming back if he was

There's no reason for this trade unless Atlanta was going to be trading away John Collins to Cleveland as well, but that's not likely.
ToneLocc
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#1089 » by ToneLocc » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#1090 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:04 pm

ToneLocc wrote:
Read on Twitter

So basically they want a trade where they get good/positive value for him and most teams don't want to offer that.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1091 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:34 pm

ToneLocc wrote:
Read on Twitter

I listened to the interview. That quote is inaccurate. Windy did not say that *the Cavs put Love into trade talks.*

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#1092 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:53 pm

If CP3 is traded from Houston, I could see a 3 team trade with CP3 going to one team, Houston wanting Love to pair with Harden/Capela, and then Cavs getting assets for the 3rd team. Probably the only version of a Love trade where Cleveland gets appropriate value.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1093 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:41 pm

Nobody is trading for CP3 his contract is 10x worse than Loves
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1094 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:20 am

I would not take the L on a Love trade. Love and Nance, possibly TT, are the only guys on the roster who would start for another NBA team. I also don't buy the argument that we should trade Love so we can be really bad. The Wizards won 32 games and ended up picking No. 9 even with the Lakers jumping ahead of them. The Cavs won 19 games. Even if the Cavs add an additional 10 wins by playing Love they'll keep their pick and with the new lottery odds they could end up moving up.

The product on the floor has to resemble NBA basketball or your prospects aren't going to develop the right way. The first year LBJ came back he came very close to leaving after one season because neither Kyrie nor Waiters knew how to play the right way. If it wasn't for those midseason trades, we could have missed out on the title run completely.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,028

Post#1095 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:38 am

jbk1234 wrote:I would not take the L on a Love trade. Love and Nance, possibly TT, are the only guys on the roster who would start for another NBA team. I also don't buy the argument that we should trade Love so we can be really bad. The Wizards won 32 games and ended up picking No. 9 even with the Lakers jumping ahead of them. The Cavs won 19 games. Even if the Cavs add an additional 10 wins by playing Love they'll keep their pick and with the new lottery odds they could end up moving up.

The product on the floor has to resemble NBA basketball or your prospects aren't going to develop the right way. The first year LBJ came back he came very close to leaving after one season because neither Kyrie nor Waiters knew how to play the right way. If it wasn't for those midseason trades, we could have missed out on the title run completely.

Serious question, not trying to convince you of another viewpoint or anything, just genuinely curious... So I get your viewpoint of not wanting to sell low on Love, but my question is, do you realistically and unbiasedly as possible expect his value to improve anytime soon?
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Richfield
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Post#1096 » by Richfield » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:58 am

DusterBuster wrote:So I get your viewpoint of not wanting to sell low on Love, but my question is, do you realistically and unbiasedly as possible expect his value to improve anytime soon?

Can I ask clarification on your question to jbk1234? Seems like the premise of your question implies his value is currently low. Isn't that where the fundamental disagreement lies? Why would it improve if its already where it should be, high?

Teams may be expecting young Altman to sell low, and then maybe offer more as draft night or free agency approach, so in that sense it always improves around these dates. But you're asking the question as though his value is currently low. It's not. That's already the disagreement, so improving is relative to where it starts, which isn't agreed upon. As soon as teams realize Altman won't budge on "low" (assuming he doesn't), that is when his value "improves". But his actual value is already high where it should be, assuming Altman knows what he's doing.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,028

Post#1097 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:04 am

Richfield wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:So I get your viewpoint of not wanting to sell low on Love, but my question is, do you realistically and unbiasedly as possible expect his value to improve anytime soon?

Can I ask clarification on your question to jbk1234? Seems like the premise of your question implies his value is currently low. Isn't that where the fundamental disagreement lies? Why would it improve if its already where it should be, high?

Teams may be expecting young Altman to sell low, and then maybe offer more as draft night or free agency approach, so in that sense it always improves around these dates. But you're asking the question as though his value is currently low. It's not. That's already the disagreement, so improving is relative to where it starts, which isn't agreed upon. As soon as teams realize Altman won't budge on "low" (assuming he doesn't), that is when his value "improves". But his actual value is already high where it should be, assuming Altman knows what he's doing.

But... it clearly is. If the team has been at least listening to offers around the league involving Love and have been unimpressed, that means the players value is low. I don't know how anyone - unbiasedly looking at it - can assume that a player in his early 30's who's missed over 100 games in the past 3 seasons and is owed 28-30mil per year for the next 4 years has anything but low trade value across the league.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Richfield
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Post#1098 » by Richfield » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:10 am

Its probably because we watched the Cavs last year and you didn't. Its their job to listen to offers, not to sell low.

If his value was low, Blazers, Jazz, Thunder, and other teams' fans wouldn't be in here asking about him, and claiming how low his value is. They'd have their attention elsewhere.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1099 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:24 am

DusterBuster wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I would not take the L on a Love trade. Love and Nance, possibly TT, are the only guys on the roster who would start for another NBA team. I also don't buy the argument that we should trade Love so we can be really bad. The Wizards won 32 games and ended up picking No. 9 even with the Lakers jumping ahead of them. The Cavs won 19 games. Even if the Cavs add an additional 10 wins by playing Love they'll keep their pick and with the new lottery odds they could end up moving up.

Serious question, not trying to convince you of another viewpoint or anything, just genuinely curious... So I get your viewpoint of not wanting to sell low on Love, but my question is, do you realistically and unbiasedly as possible expect his value to improve anytime soon?
I do, but that's not really my point.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1100 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:04 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers