ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: jbk1234

jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,724
And1: 21,093
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1081 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 pm

ToneLocc wrote:Not sure where this rumor came from or the legitimacy of it.... Clarkson + 5 for Lavine + 7

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2019/06/16/cleveland-cavaliers-weighing-pros-cons-trading-for-zach-lavine/

What are your guys' thoughts on it? He's under contract for 3 more years, at around $20m per season. Definitely would give a big boost to our team.... I'm just not sure Chicago does it.
I think we'd have to trade Sexton after this. You couldn't start those two in the same backcourt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
MorleyGrape1
Ballboy
Posts: 37
And1: 22
Joined: May 09, 2019

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1082 » by MorleyGrape1 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:15 am

ToneLocc wrote:Not sure where this rumor came from or the legitimacy of it.... Clarkson + 5 for Lavine + 7

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2019/06/16/cleveland-cavaliers-weighing-pros-cons-trading-for-zach-lavine/

What are your guys' thoughts on it? He's under contract for 3 more years, at around $20m per season. Definitely would give a big boost to our team.... I'm just not sure Chicago does it.

I saw that, that's a value win for the cavs no doubt and I don't think Chicago would do it...but Lavine is pretty bad defensively from what I have seen.
User avatar
substancej
Junior
Posts: 369
And1: 489
Joined: May 15, 2019
 

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1083 » by substancej » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:45 am

MorleyGrape1 wrote:
ToneLocc wrote:Not sure where this rumor came from or the legitimacy of it.... Clarkson + 5 for Lavine + 7

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2019/06/16/cleveland-cavaliers-weighing-pros-cons-trading-for-zach-lavine/

What are your guys' thoughts on it? He's under contract for 3 more years, at around $20m per season. Definitely would give a big boost to our team.... I'm just not sure Chicago does it.

I saw that, that's a value win for the cavs no doubt and I don't think Chicago would do it...but Lavine is pretty bad defensively from what I have seen.

Can't be worse than Sexton defensively. Not even a knock on his game. I like Sexton.
Kevin Love finna get traded
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,724
And1: 21,093
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1084 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:10 pm

substancej wrote:
MorleyGrape1 wrote:
ToneLocc wrote:Not sure where this rumor came from or the legitimacy of it.... Clarkson + 5 for Lavine + 7

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2019/06/16/cleveland-cavaliers-weighing-pros-cons-trading-for-zach-lavine/

What are your guys' thoughts on it? He's under contract for 3 more years, at around $20m per season. Definitely would give a big boost to our team.... I'm just not sure Chicago does it.

I saw that, that's a value win for the cavs no doubt and I don't think Chicago would do it...but Lavine is pretty bad defensively from what I have seen.

Can't be worse than Sexton defensively. Not even a knock on his game. I like Sexton.


Both Sexton and LaVine play exactly zero defense. You couldn't start them together. One of them would have to come off the bench. I'd say it would be trading yourself into a Kyrie/Dion situation except that Dion could at least play passable on-the-ball defense. Words fail me when it comes to expressing just how bad a Sexton/LaVine back court would be defensively.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Stillwater
General Manager
Posts: 9,944
And1: 2,546
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1085 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:11 am

Cavs are not trading for Lavine
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
ToneLocc
Ballboy
Posts: 23
And1: 4
Joined: Dec 27, 2018
 

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1086 » by ToneLocc » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Read on Twitter


Take this FWIW....
Stillwater
General Manager
Posts: 9,944
And1: 2,546
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1087 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:39 pm

ToneLocc wrote:
Read on Twitter


Take this FWIW....

this is bogus imo coming from ATL
Cavs unlikely to accept 10 and 17 just for 5 without Love included and a lot more coming back if he was
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
Revenged25
Rookie
Posts: 1,212
And1: 357
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1088 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Stillwater wrote:
ToneLocc wrote:
Read on Twitter


Take this FWIW....

this is bogus imo coming from ATL
Cavs unlikely to accept 10 and 17 just for 5 without Love included and a lot more coming back if he was


There's no reason for this trade unless Atlanta was going to be trading away John Collins to Cleveland as well, but that's not likely.
ToneLocc
Ballboy
Posts: 23
And1: 4
Joined: Dec 27, 2018
 

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1089 » by ToneLocc » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Revenged25
Rookie
Posts: 1,212
And1: 357
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1090 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:04 pm

ToneLocc wrote:
Read on Twitter


So basically they want a trade where they get good/positive value for him and most teams don't want to offer that.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,724
And1: 21,093
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1091 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:34 pm

ToneLocc wrote:
Read on Twitter


I listened to the interview. That quote is inaccurate. Windy did not say that *the Cavs put Love into trade talks.*

Read on Twitter
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
Revenged25
Rookie
Posts: 1,212
And1: 357
Joined: Jun 05, 2018
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1092 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:53 pm

If CP3 is traded from Houston, I could see a 3 team trade with CP3 going to one team, Houston wanting Love to pair with Harden/Capela, and then Cavs getting assets for the 3rd team. Probably the only version of a Love trade where Cleveland gets appropriate value.
Stillwater
General Manager
Posts: 9,944
And1: 2,546
Joined: Jun 15, 2017
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1093 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:41 pm

Nobody is trading for CP3 his contract is 10x worse than Loves
water aint the mirror unless you steal it
2019 REALGM draft contest winner
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,724
And1: 21,093
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1094 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:20 am

I would not take the L on a Love trade. Love and Nance, possibly TT, are the only guys on the roster who would start for another NBA team. I also don't buy the argument that we should trade Love so we can be really bad. The Wizards won 32 games and ended up picking No. 9 even with the Lakers jumping ahead of them. The Cavs won 19 games. Even if the Cavs add an additional 10 wins by playing Love they'll keep their pick and with the new lottery odds they could end up moving up.

The product on the floor has to resemble NBA basketball or your prospects aren't going to develop the right way. The first year LBJ came back he came very close to leaving after one season because neither Kyrie nor Waiters knew how to play the right way. If it wasn't for those midseason trades, we could have missed out on the title run completely.
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 27,726
And1: 12,389
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1095 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:38 am

jbk1234 wrote:I would not take the L on a Love trade. Love and Nance, possibly TT, are the only guys on the roster who would start for another NBA team. I also don't buy the argument that we should trade Love so we can be really bad. The Wizards won 32 games and ended up picking No. 9 even with the Lakers jumping ahead of them. The Cavs won 19 games. Even if the Cavs add an additional 10 wins by playing Love they'll keep their pick and with the new lottery odds they could end up moving up.

The product on the floor has to resemble NBA basketball or your prospects aren't going to develop the right way. The first year LBJ came back he came very close to leaving after one season because neither Kyrie nor Waiters knew how to play the right way. If it wasn't for those midseason trades, we could have missed out on the title run completely.


Serious question, not trying to convince you of another viewpoint or anything, just genuinely curious... So I get your viewpoint of not wanting to sell low on Love, but my question is, do you realistically and unbiasedly as possible expect his value to improve anytime soon?
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Richfield
Pro Prospect
Posts: 949
And1: 661
Joined: May 12, 2019

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1096 » by Richfield » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:58 am

DusterBuster wrote:So I get your viewpoint of not wanting to sell low on Love, but my question is, do you realistically and unbiasedly as possible expect his value to improve anytime soon?


Can I ask clarification on your question to jbk1234? Seems like the premise of your question implies his value is currently low. Isn't that where the fundamental disagreement lies? Why would it improve if its already where it should be, high?

Teams may be expecting young Altman to sell low, and then maybe offer more as draft night or free agency approach, so in that sense it always improves around these dates. But you're asking the question as though his value is currently low. It's not. That's already the disagreement, so improving is relative to where it starts, which isn't agreed upon. As soon as teams realize Altman won't budge on "low" (assuming he doesn't), that is when his value "improves". But his actual value is already high where it should be, assuming Altman knows what he's doing.
User avatar
DusterBuster
RealGM
Posts: 27,726
And1: 12,389
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1097 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:04 am

Richfield wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:So I get your viewpoint of not wanting to sell low on Love, but my question is, do you realistically and unbiasedly as possible expect his value to improve anytime soon?


Can I ask clarification on your question to jbk1234? Seems like the premise of your question implies his value is currently low. Isn't that where the fundamental disagreement lies? Why would it improve if its already where it should be, high?

Teams may be expecting young Altman to sell low, and then maybe offer more as draft night or free agency approach, so in that sense it always improves around these dates. But you're asking the question as though his value is currently low. It's not. That's already the disagreement, so improving is relative to where it starts, which isn't agreed upon. As soon as teams realize Altman won't budge on "low" (assuming he doesn't), that is when his value "improves". But his actual value is already high where it should be, assuming Altman knows what he's doing.


But... it clearly is. If the team has been at least listening to offers around the league involving Love and have been unimpressed, that means the players value is low. I don't know how anyone - unbiasedly looking at it - can assume that a player in his early 30's who's missed over 100 games in the past 3 seasons and is owed 28-30mil per year for the next 4 years has anything but low trade value across the league.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Richfield
Pro Prospect
Posts: 949
And1: 661
Joined: May 12, 2019

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1098 » by Richfield » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:10 am

Its probably because we watched the Cavs last year and you didn't. Its their job to listen to offers, not to sell low.

If his value was low, Blazers, Jazz, Thunder, and other teams' fans wouldn't be in here asking about him, and claiming how low his value is. They'd have their attention elsewhere.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,724
And1: 21,093
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1099 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:24 am

DusterBuster wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I would not take the L on a Love trade. Love and Nance, possibly TT, are the only guys on the roster who would start for another NBA team. I also don't buy the argument that we should trade Love so we can be really bad. The Wizards won 32 games and ended up picking No. 9 even with the Lakers jumping ahead of them. The Cavs won 19 games. Even if the Cavs add an additional 10 wins by playing Love they'll keep their pick and with the new lottery odds they could end up moving up.

The product on the floor has to resemble NBA basketball or your prospects aren't going to develop the right way. The first year LBJ came back he came very close to leaving after one season because neither Kyrie nor Waiters knew how to play the right way. If it wasn't for those midseason trades, we could have missed out on the title run completely.


Serious question, not trying to convince you of another viewpoint or anything, just genuinely curious... So I get your viewpoint of not wanting to sell low on Love, but my question is, do you realistically and unbiasedly as possible expect his value to improve anytime soon?
I do, but that's not really my point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.
jbk1234
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
Posts: 36,724
And1: 21,093
Joined: Dec 22, 2010
   

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1100 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:04 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
It is highly unlikely that the Cavs will agree with your Kevin Love evaluation for the purpose of a trade.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers