ImageImage

Game 19: Milwaukee vs. Chicago 4-23-07 @ 7:05

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

User avatar
WEFFPIM
RealGM
Posts: 38,522
And1: 466
Joined: Nov 14, 2005
Location: WEFFPIM. I'm the real WEFFPIM.
       

Game 19: Milwaukee vs. Chicago 4-23-07 @ 7:05 

Post#1 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:15 am

Matchup:

Image
Milwaukee Brewers (11-7, 1st in NL Central)
vs.
Image
Chicago Cubs (7-11, 6th in NL Central)
@
Image

TV:FSN Wisconsin
Radio:620 WTMJ
CHC leads season series 2-1

Pitching Matchup
Image
MIL: RHP Claudio Vargas (1-0, 3.46 ERA)
vs.
Image
CHC: RHP Carlos Zambrano (1-2, 7.77 ERA)

Probable Lineups
Milwaukee Brewers
1. 2B Rickie Weeks
2. SS J.J. Hardy
3. 1B Prince Fielder
4. CF Bill Hall
5. C Johnny Estrada
6. LF Geoff Jenkins
7. RF Corey Hart
8. 3B Craig Counsell
9. P Claudio Vargas

Chicago Cubs
1. LF Alfonso Soriano
2. 2B Ryan Theriot
3. 1B Derrek Lee
4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
5. C Michael Barrett
6. RF Jacque Jones
7. SS Ronny Cedeno
8. CF Felix Pie
9. P Carlos Zambrano

WEFFPIM's Tidbits
-The Cubs faced three right-handed pitchers in their 3-gamer with the Cardinals this weekend, all of them with differing lineups. For this series, the Cubs are holding a sweepstakes for one lucky fan to be placed in the lineup for one at-bat, to throw off Milwaukee
-New Cubs center fielder Felix Pie will announce that his last name is pronounced "pee-a," in fear of Prince Fielder standing in the dugout with a fork and knife in hand and drool sliding down his face.
-Jacque Jones announces that he is in fact of French descent, then proceeds to give a cigarette to a baby, sit upside-down and scream obscenities to fans in the bleachers, "just because he's French." He then bolts away from a fly ball in fear of it being part of an elaborate attack from Milwaukee, a city rich in German heritage.
-Brewers bullpen catcher Marcus Hanel will explode in the 4th inning to "create a diversion," in which Dale Sveum will bolt to the Cubs dugout and kidnap Matt Murton.
-If Carlos Zambrano loses the game, he will not rescind his comments after his previous outing against the Brewers, in which he proclaimed that the Brewers lineup was not as good as Cincinnati's. In fact, he will say that the Brewers just hit him on a bad day, then be hit by an ax from Brewers utility man Tony Graffanino, exclaiming "How's our offense now, tubbo?"

My Cubs lineup is all effed-up because of Soriano returning, so who knows what it'll be

Good Luck, Claudio...and Go Brewers
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 23,427
And1: 4,903
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

 

Post#2 » by crkone » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:22 am

Yep. Count me on the I hate Zambrano bandwagon. I hope we hit him up like last year a few times.
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 70,501
And1: 4,142
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

 

Post#3 » by LUKE23 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:28 am

Zambrano is the biggest bitch on the planet.

Time to sweep the Chicago Yankees, err, I mean Cubs.
User avatar
Captain Erv
General Manager
Posts: 8,119
And1: 75
Joined: Jan 13, 2005
Contact:
     

 

Post#4 » by Captain Erv » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:38 am

Yeah I really hope we are motivated to rough up Zambrano tomorrow. He has a big mouth for having a 7.77 ERA. Little bitch.
User avatar
brewcityboii
Rookie
Posts: 1,128
And1: 0
Joined: Feb 28, 2007
Location: BRETT FAVRE >> Any other QB in NFL History!!!

 

Post#5 » by brewcityboii » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:42 am

This match-up scares me Zambrano is one of the best in the business, but if vargas can have a repeat performance from his last outing we should be ok. And the cubs are always destined for some type of bad luck so most likely Zambrano will blow out his shoulder (I am against him this week in fantasy) Go Crew
User avatar
JoeJohnson2two
Pro Prospect
Posts: 951
And1: 67
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Joe Johnson's closet
       

Re: Game 19: Milwaukee vs. Chicago 4-23-07 @ 7:05 

Post#6 » by JoeJohnson2two » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:02 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:WEFFPIM's Tidbits
-The Cubs faced three right-handed pitchers in their 3-gamer with the Cardinals this weekend, all of them with differing lineups. For this series, the Cubs are holding a sweepstakes for one lucky fan to be placed in the lineup for one at-bat, to throw off Milwaukee
-New Cubs center fielder Felix Pie will announce that his last name is pronounced "pee-a," in fear of Prince Fielder standing in the dugout with a fork and knife in hand and drool sliding down his face.
-Jacque Jones announces that he is in fact of French descent, then proceeds to give a cigarette to a baby, sit upside-down and scream obscenities to fans in the bleachers, "just because he's French." He then bolts away from a fly ball in fear of it being part of an elaborate attack from Milwaukee, a city rich in German heritage.
-Brewers bullpen catcher Marcus Hanel will explode in the 4th inning to "create a diversion," in which Dale Sveum will bolt to the Cubs dugout and kidnap Matt Murton.
-If Carlos Zambrano loses the game, he will not rescind his comments after his previous outing against the Brewers, in which he proclaimed that the Brewers lineup was not as good as Cincinnati's. In fact, he will say that the Brewers just hit him on a bad day, then be hit by an ax from Brewers utility man Tony Graffanino, exclaiming "How's our offense now, tubbo?"


:rofl:

Wonderful. :clap:
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
User avatar
Nowak008
RealGM
Posts: 14,294
And1: 3,981
Joined: Jul 07, 2006
Location: Waiting for KD at The Hague
Contact:

Re: Game 19: Milwaukee vs. Chicago 4-23-07 @ 7:05 

Post#7 » by Nowak008 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:31 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:-Jacque Jones announces that he is in fact of French descent, then proceeds to give a cigarette to a baby, sit upside-down and scream obscenities to fans in the bleachers, "just because he's French." He then bolts away from a fly ball in fear of it being part of an elaborate attack from Milwaukee, a city rich in German heritage.
-Brewers bullpen catcher Marcus Hanel will explode in the 4th inning to "create a diversion," in which Dale Sveum will bolt to the Cubs dugout and kidnap Matt Murton.
-If Carlos Zambrano loses the game, he will not rescind his comments after his previous outing against the Brewers, in which he proclaimed that the Brewers lineup was not as good as Cincinnati's. In fact, he will say that the Brewers just hit him on a bad day, then be hit by an ax from Brewers utility man Tony Graffanino, exclaiming "How's our offense now, tubbo?"

My Cubs lineup is all effed-up because of Soriano returning, so who knows what it'll be

Good Luck, Claudio...and Go Brewers



:rofl2:

I nominate that you do all of the treads.
Image
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters


THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
User avatar
JoeJohnson2two
Pro Prospect
Posts: 951
And1: 67
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Joe Johnson's closet
       

 

Post#8 » by JoeJohnson2two » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:28 pm

I can't wait til Tuesday when we raise Rich Hill's ERA by about 2 full points. We've been hitting lefties really well this year. I got a feeling that we'll bring Rich back down from lala land.

Cmon Crew, lets take 2 of 3 at least from the Cubbies...

Man do I hate the Cubs!
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
User avatar
brewcityboii
Rookie
Posts: 1,128
And1: 0
Joined: Feb 28, 2007
Location: BRETT FAVRE >> Any other QB in NFL History!!!

 

Post#9 » by brewcityboii » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:08 pm

Man do I hate the Cubs!


DITTO
User avatar
livestrong4ever
General Manager
Posts: 9,081
And1: 136
Joined: Jun 23, 2005
Location: Roaring down the river.
Contact:
     

 

Post#10 » by livestrong4ever » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:33 pm

I hate the cubs even more after zambrano's comments
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,832
And1: 2
Joined: Mar 17, 2006
Location: AZ
     

 

Post#11 » by Andrew34r » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:16 pm

Its weird that Wrigley Field actually looks like a nice stadium in that picture instead of the dump that it really is.
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 13,743
And1: 5,197
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

 

Post#12 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:19 pm

Yeah Wrigley is awful. When you walk into places like Lambeau, you can feel the history. When you walk into Wrigley, you can smell the urine.
Read on Twitter


Hardcore Bucks fan podcast. @BuckLifePodcast on Twitter. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and YouTube.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 63,990
And1: 16,883
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

 

Post#13 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:50 pm

Wrigley is the most overrated park in sports. It's old. It's dumpy. And it's not like there is any history there. Ok, Steve Bartman. That's it. Oh and Babe Ruth's "called shot". But no Cubs history.

It's cool that it's in a neighborhood and the area surrounding Wrigley is a great atmosphere. But inside it's horrible. It's a smaller County Stadium. Posts in the way, dirty, smelly. And just because it's smaller doesn't mean the seats are closer to the action. They aren't any closer than any other park.
User avatar
Posey H8er
RealGM
Posts: 20,082
And1: 49
Joined: Jan 07, 2007

 

Post#14 » by Posey H8er » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:58 pm

crkone wrote:Yep. Count me on the I hate Zambrano bandwagon. I hope we hit him up like last year a few times.

Does he remind you of Jose Lima?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,893
And1: 764
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

 

Post#15 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:05 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Wrigley is the most overrated park in sports. It's old. It's dumpy. And it's not like there is any history there. Ok, Steve Bartman. That's it. Oh and Babe Ruth's "called shot". But no Cubs history.

It's cool that it's in a neighborhood and the area surrounding Wrigley is a great atmosphere. But inside it's horrible. It's a smaller County Stadium. Posts in the way, dirty, smelly. And just because it's smaller doesn't mean the seats are closer to the action. They aren't any closer than any other park.


I hate the Cubs and all, but the actual on field aesthetics during a sunny afternoon is very a nice sight...at least in the summer when its all green. The actual stadium is a dump though. Great atmosphere in the area though.
User avatar
SugarRay34
Veteran
Posts: 2,914
And1: 11
Joined: Oct 10, 2003
Location: cappingthegame.com

 

Post#16 » by SugarRay34 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:06 am

JJ goes yard again :o
User avatar
JoeJohnson2two
Pro Prospect
Posts: 951
And1: 67
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Joe Johnson's closet
       

 

Post#17 » by JoeJohnson2two » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:42 am

I really don't like Prince Fielder :-?

A 3-hole hitter batting .250 just ain't gunna cut it...
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
John6988
Senior
Posts: 698
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 01, 2006
Location: Wisconsin

 

Post#18 » by John6988 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:51 am

Your right 250 wont cut it. But its early and as long as he begins to up his average and start ti hit homers he should stay hitting 3. If he continues in his slump than bump him down the lineup to take pressure off him. But to say you dont like him is silly. He hit 28 homers as a rookie. He has huge potential. If he is hitting 250 after 100 games than we can talk about how horrible he is. Until than I dont think we need to worry.
GO BUCKS, BREWERS, and the PACK!!!
User avatar
Posey H8er
RealGM
Posts: 20,082
And1: 49
Joined: Jan 07, 2007

 

Post#19 » by Posey H8er » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:55 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Wrigley is the most overrated park in sports. It's old. It's dumpy. And it's not like there is any history there. Ok, Steve Bartman. That's it. Oh and Babe Ruth's "called shot". But no Cubs history.

It's cool that it's in a neighborhood and the area surrounding Wrigley is a great atmosphere. But inside it's horrible. It's a smaller County Stadium. Posts in the way, dirty, smelly. And just because it's smaller doesn't mean the seats are closer to the action. They aren't any closer than any other park.

Worst post ever. No history? Ernie Bank's 500th HR, hundreds of Bears games, Wood's 20 K's, Pete Rose tying Ty Cobb in hits, Sammy hits 61 and 62 to pass Maris.
Wrigley has a pleasant smell of peanuts/beer in the air. It's quite satisfying. Most all of the seats are close to the action, including the upper level.
Image
Image
Image
John6988
Senior
Posts: 698
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 01, 2006
Location: Wisconsin

 

Post#20 » by John6988 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:59 am

ehh.. stranded runners. I hate that.
GO BUCKS, BREWERS, and the PACK!!!

Return to Milwaukee Brewers