Game 19: Milwaukee vs. Chicago 4-23-07 @ 7:05

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Game 19: Milwaukee vs. Chicago 4-23-07 @ 7:05 

Post#1 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:15 am

Matchup:

Milwaukee Brewers (11-7, 1st in NL Central)
vs.
Chicago Cubs (7-11, 6th in NL Central)
@

TV:FSN Wisconsin
Radio:620 WTMJ
CHC leads season series 2-1

Pitching Matchup
MIL: RHP Claudio Vargas (1-0, 3.46 ERA)
vs.
CHC: RHP Carlos Zambrano (1-2, 7.77 ERA)

Probable Lineups
Milwaukee Brewers
1. 2B Rickie Weeks
2. SS J.J. Hardy
3. 1B Prince Fielder
4. CF Bill Hall
5. C Johnny Estrada
6. LF Geoff Jenkins
7. RF Corey Hart
8. 3B Craig Counsell
9. P Claudio Vargas

Chicago Cubs
1. LF Alfonso Soriano
2. 2B Ryan Theriot
3. 1B Derrek Lee
4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
5. C Michael Barrett
6. RF Jacque Jones
7. SS Ronny Cedeno
8. CF Felix Pie
9. P Carlos Zambrano

WEFFPIM's Tidbits
-The Cubs faced three right-handed pitchers in their 3-gamer with the Cardinals this weekend, all of them with differing lineups. For this series, the Cubs are holding a sweepstakes for one lucky fan to be placed in the lineup for one at-bat, to throw off Milwaukee
-New Cubs center fielder Felix Pie will announce that his last name is pronounced "pee-a," in fear of Prince Fielder standing in the dugout with a fork and knife in hand and drool sliding down his face.
-Jacque Jones announces that he is in fact of French descent, then proceeds to give a cigarette to a baby, sit upside-down and scream obscenities to fans in the bleachers, "just because he's French." He then bolts away from a fly ball in fear of it being part of an elaborate attack from Milwaukee, a city rich in German heritage.
-Brewers bullpen catcher Marcus Hanel will explode in the 4th inning to "create a diversion," in which Dale Sveum will bolt to the Cubs dugout and kidnap Matt Murton.
-If Carlos Zambrano loses the game, he will not rescind his comments after his previous outing against the Brewers, in which he proclaimed that the Brewers lineup was not as good as Cincinnati's. In fact, he will say that the Brewers just hit him on a bad day, then be hit by an ax from Brewers utility man Tony Graffanino, exclaiming "How's our offense now, tubbo?"

My Cubs lineup is all effed-up because of Soriano returning, so who knows what it'll be

Good Luck, Claudio...and Go Brewers
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#2 » by crkone » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:22 am

Yep. Count me on the I hate Zambrano bandwagon. I hope we hit him up like last year a few times.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#3 » by LUKE23 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:28 am

Zambrano is the biggest bitch on the planet.

Time to sweep the Chicago Yankees, err, I mean Cubs.
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Post#4 » by Captain Erv » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:38 am

Yeah I really hope we are motivated to rough up Zambrano tomorrow. He has a big mouth for having a 7.77 ERA. Little bitch.
brewcityboii
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#5 » by brewcityboii » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:42 am

This match-up scares me Zambrano is one of the best in the business, but if vargas can have a repeat performance from his last outing we should be ok. And the cubs are always destined for some type of bad luck so most likely Zambrano will blow out his shoulder (I am against him this week in fantasy) Go Crew
JoeJohnson2two
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

Re: Game 19: Milwaukee vs. Chicago 4-23-07 @ 7:05 

Post#6 » by JoeJohnson2two » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:02 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:WEFFPIM's Tidbits
-The Cubs faced three right-handed pitchers in their 3-gamer with the Cardinals this weekend, all of them with differing lineups. For this series, the Cubs are holding a sweepstakes for one lucky fan to be placed in the lineup for one at-bat, to throw off Milwaukee
-New Cubs center fielder Felix Pie will announce that his last name is pronounced "pee-a," in fear of Prince Fielder standing in the dugout with a fork and knife in hand and drool sliding down his face.
-Jacque Jones announces that he is in fact of French descent, then proceeds to give a cigarette to a baby, sit upside-down and scream obscenities to fans in the bleachers, "just because he's French." He then bolts away from a fly ball in fear of it being part of an elaborate attack from Milwaukee, a city rich in German heritage.
-Brewers bullpen catcher Marcus Hanel will explode in the 4th inning to "create a diversion," in which Dale Sveum will bolt to the Cubs dugout and kidnap Matt Murton.
-If Carlos Zambrano loses the game, he will not rescind his comments after his previous outing against the Brewers, in which he proclaimed that the Brewers lineup was not as good as Cincinnati's. In fact, he will say that the Brewers just hit him on a bad day, then be hit by an ax from Brewers utility man Tony Graffanino, exclaiming "How's our offense now, tubbo?"

:rofl:

Wonderful. :clap:
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Re: Game 19: Milwaukee vs. Chicago 4-23-07 @ 7:05 

Post#7 » by Nowak008 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:31 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:-Jacque Jones announces that he is in fact of French descent, then proceeds to give a cigarette to a baby, sit upside-down and scream obscenities to fans in the bleachers, "just because he's French." He then bolts away from a fly ball in fear of it being part of an elaborate attack from Milwaukee, a city rich in German heritage.

My Cubs lineup is all effed-up because of Soriano returning, so who knows what it'll be

Good Luck, Claudio...and Go Brewers

:rofl2:

I nominate that you do all of the treads.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
JoeJohnson2two
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by JoeJohnson2two » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:28 pm

I can't wait til Tuesday when we raise Rich Hill's ERA by about 2 full points. We've been hitting lefties really well this year. I got a feeling that we'll bring Rich back down from lala land.

Cmon Crew, lets take 2 of 3 at least from the Cubbies...

Man do I hate the Cubs!
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
brewcityboii
Rookie

Post#9 » by brewcityboii » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:08 pm

Man do I hate the Cubs!

DITTO
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#10 » by livestrong4ever » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:33 pm

I hate the cubs even more after zambrano's comments
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#11 » by Andrew34r » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:16 pm

Its weird that Wrigley Field actually looks like a nice stadium in that picture instead of the dump that it really is.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#12 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:19 pm

Yeah Wrigley is awful. When you walk into places like Lambeau, you can feel the history. When you walk into Wrigley, you can smell the urine.
Do it for Chuck
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Post#13 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:50 pm

Wrigley is the most overrated park in sports. It's old. It's dumpy. And it's not like there is any history there. Ok, Steve Bartman. That's it. Oh and Babe Ruth's "called shot". But no Cubs history.

It's cool that it's in a neighborhood and the area surrounding Wrigley is a great atmosphere. But inside it's horrible. It's a smaller County Stadium. Posts in the way, dirty, smelly. And just because it's smaller doesn't mean the seats are closer to the action. They aren't any closer than any other park.
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#14 » by Posey H8er » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:58 pm

crkone wrote:Yep. Count me on the I hate Zambrano bandwagon. I hope we hit him up like last year a few times.

Does he remind you of Jose Lima?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#15 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:05 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Wrigley is the most overrated park in sports. It's old. It's dumpy. And it's not like there is any history there. Ok, Steve Bartman. That's it. Oh and Babe Ruth's "called shot". But no Cubs history.

It's cool that it's in a neighborhood and the area surrounding Wrigley is a great atmosphere. But inside it's horrible. It's a smaller County Stadium. Posts in the way, dirty, smelly. And just because it's smaller doesn't mean the seats are closer to the action. They aren't any closer than any other park.

I hate the Cubs and all, but the actual on field aesthetics during a sunny afternoon is very a nice sight...at least in the summer when its all green. The actual stadium is a dump though. Great atmosphere in the area though.
SugarRay34
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#16 » by SugarRay34 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:06 am

JJ goes yard again :o
JoeJohnson2two
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by JoeJohnson2two » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:42 am

I really don't like Prince Fielder :-?

A 3-hole hitter batting .250 just ain't gunna cut it...
John6988
Senior

Post#18 » by John6988 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:51 am

Your right 250 wont cut it. But its early and as long as he begins to up his average and start ti hit homers he should stay hitting 3. If he continues in his slump than bump him down the lineup to take pressure off him. But to say you dont like him is silly. He hit 28 homers as a rookie. He has huge potential. If he is hitting 250 after 100 games than we can talk about how horrible he is. Until than I dont think we need to worry.
GO BUCKS, BREWERS, and the PACK!!!
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#19 » by Posey H8er » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:55 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Wrigley is the most overrated park in sports. It's old. It's dumpy. And it's not like there is any history there. Ok, Steve Bartman. That's it. Oh and Babe Ruth's "called shot". But no Cubs history.

Worst post ever. No history? Ernie Bank's 500th HR, hundreds of Bears games, Wood's 20 K's, Pete Rose tying Ty Cobb in hits, Sammy hits 61 and 62 to pass Maris.
Wrigley has a pleasant smell of peanuts/beer in the air. It's quite satisfying. Most all of the seats are close to the action, including the upper level.
John6988
Senior

Post#20 » by John6988 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:59 am

ehh.. stranded runners. I hate that.
GO BUCKS, BREWERS, and the PACK!!!

Return to Milwaukee Brewers